66779 then Bachmann ?

ronnie thommo

Making this production model will, at least, knock out the Ebay trade that would have happened if it had been a limited edition.

I'm pleased to see such potential gouging nipped in the bud.

steve

• 2 weeks later...

Locomotion are also releasing commissioned editions of both 66779 and 92220?!? Are they really commissioned or just the standard Bachmann versions in Locomotion packaging? 

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/british-model-railways/oo-gauge-ncim-reservations/reservation-only-class-66-evening-star.htm

http://www.locomotionmodels.com/british-model-railways/oo-gauge-ncim-reservations/reservation-only-class-9f-92220-evening-star.htm

Edited by Martin_R

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can anyone advise whether the 'banana' effect on Bachmann's 6-axle diesels has been eliminated on recent releases? I yet to own a 66, but my last 47 (47834) still rocks on its centre axle. Hoping to add '779 to my fleet (future NRM member!), but cautious...

EDIT: not encouraged, Rails Video, t=39s, the front left wheel very much looks like it slightly hovering. I guess there is a chance is not true on the axle, but it looks much like my rocking 47 does...

https://youtu.be/Ke_F6PtMbqg?t=39

Edited by G-BOAF

We received our Evening Stars today, great looking loco but was surprised that ,although etched name plates are supplied to fit, the loco doesn't have printed ones.

I can imagine a few will get ruined by people trying to fit them as the loco doesn't quite look right without them. The livery is an excellent reproduction.

We received our Evening Stars today, great looking loco but was surprised that ,although etched name plates are supplied to fit, the loco doesn't have printed ones.

I can imagine a few will get ruined by people trying to fit them as the loco doesn't quite look right without them. The livery is an excellent reproduction.

It looks like Bachmann are cutting out printed nameplates because the weathered blue GBRF version is also missing them. I hope they don't kept on leaving printed nameplates out on models because it is harder to fit etched versions on and to make sure that they look right.  

I hope they don't kept on leaving printed nameplates out on models because it is harder to fit etched versions on and to make sure that they look right.  

Surely its easier to fit etched nameplates without having to put them on printed versions which are often over scale.

• Like 1

Surely its easier to fit etched nameplates without having to put them on printed versions which are often over scale.

I must confess that i haven't put plates on a model before but with a model like this surely it would be easier to place plates over the printed ones or have some indication where they go. Samuel.

I use masking tape applied to the loco to line up the plate. It is essential to get the plate level. Your choice of glue... I tend to use the Super Glue Extra Time Gel which allows a few seconds to ensure correct positioning.

• Like 1

Just a note for retailers: The price on your delivery note for Evening Star is a Bachmann typing mistake. It should be £169.95, not £159,95p. Anybody getting it for around the £135 mark has had a result at the retailers expense.

Which retailer, the shop or Bachmann? Surely shops are allowed to charge what they like or is there price fixing going on? If they want to give the customer a good deal and can make at profit at £135 what is the problem?

Edited by bart2day

• RMweb Premium

Which retailer, the shop or Bachmann? Surely shops are allowed to charge what they like or is there price fixing going on? If they want to give the customer a good deal and can make at profit at £135 what is the problem?

Bachmann has set a maximum discount they are allowed to give on their products. Not sure what the amount is.

Calm down bart2day, Bachmann sent these out to retailers with delivery notes which had the wrong price on it. They price should have shown £169.95 before any discounts, it was typed wrong. £135 is based on the price being £159.95. That is why some retailers have gone from £135 to around £144 having realise Bachmanns mistake. 

Bachmann has set a maximum discount they are allowed to give on their products. Not sure what the amount is.

Hilux it is 15% off RRP.

To clarify: Taken from our documents;

Copy of our delivery note:

32−983 Class 66 66779 ’Evening Star’ GBRF 159.95

Copy of Bachmanns RRP

Class 66 66779 'Evening Star' GBRF   £169.95

Edited to show prices.

Edited by Widnes Model Centre

It looks like Bachmann are cutting out printed nameplates because the weathered blue GBRF version is also missing them. I hope they don't kept on leaving printed nameplates out on models because it is harder to fit etched versions on and to make sure that they look right.  

Yeah, but conversely if you want to renumber a named loco to an unnamed example then you are faced with the task of removing the unwanted printed plate.

Yeah, but conversely if you want to renumber a named loco to an unnamed example then you are faced with the task of removing the unwanted printed plate.

If you are capable of removing the unwanted digits then removing the unwanted printed nameplate should be easy.