Upcoming O gauge sale - End of the line at Marsh Lane

MarshLane

• RMweb Gold

Things change over time so for the current progress, see Post 921 (http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111328-marsh-lane-moving-forward-slowly/?p=3320736) onwards

As this is my 100th post on rmWeb, I thought it really should mark the start of a topic on my new O gauge layout, so if anyone is interested, welcome aboard!

Now, as with most things that I seem to do, this one isn't simple, despite first impressions! It's actually a four phase plan, in an attempt to keep things manageable. I am fortunate to have a loft space available to me, that has held a less than complete OO gauge layout for nigh on 15 years. The advent of Heljan O gauge in ready-to-run format (yes I know some things have their faults and inaccuracies, but it works for me) actually made me realise that maybe 7mm would be possible. It wasn't the LNER Pacific's that i'd always envisaged, I do love A1s-A4s, not to mention 04s and WDs, but as a kid growing up in the 1980s in South Humberside, with the freight epicentre of Barnetby only 20 minutes from home, it did rekindle an interest in the BR blue/sectorisation period, which is where I am today! The whole journey started with a visit to Blackpool and a look at Tower Models - note to self, leave credit card at home in the future - as I walked in wondering about O gauge, and walked out with a Large Logo-liveried Heljan 37 under my arm!!

I converted to O about 5 years ago, and have concentrated on building the loco fleet, which is mostly, repainted, modified, weathered Heljan locos from the 20, 31, 37, 40, 47 and 60 classes, you may have guessed that puts me in the BR blue era, generally the early-late 1980s .. Although with a couple of exceptions. I'm not one who has the skills for kit-building rolling stock, although I'm going to attempt a PRMRP BDA wagon shortly, with the aim of building a rake and then maybe progressing onto a JLTRT loco kit, but let's take things steady for now!

For the past couple of years the locos have pottered up and down a 13' x 1.8' layout (well, ballasted test plank really), but having now decided to make a real effort, the loft space gives me a 21' x 11' area to really do something. The plan is to create a locomotive depot, and local five-siding Speedlink yard, supposedly on the edge of a fictional steelworks in the Yorkshire/Humberside border area. I've always had a fascination with steel traffic having been brought up close to Scunthorpe Steelworks.

However, I'm conscious that such a large layout (which breaks my normal rule of less is more, but the aim is to make it look busy) can become too overwhelming and affect the interest level, especially as it is a long term project. Hence the four phases ... My plan is to work on the depot area first, and to make the boards removable from the main layout, so they can be brought down to work on, or setup outside, maybe even form an exhibition layout the future, should anyone be interested. Phase one will be mainly a one board diorama type layout, an opportunity to try and get some realistic images of the locos and stock etc, a bit like the Swindon 'A' shop idea.

Phase two will expand this out into a working standalone layout, with the two or three main boards, being kind of modular, to allow them to be slotted into the loft layout for storage and normal operation there. Again, my idea is to allow the shed to be run and operated outside on sunny days, or over the winter downstairs should the loft be too cold! And should anyone fancy it at an exhibition, it will be self contained, with a dedicated traverser.

Phase three, moves the loft side of things on with work on laying the main lines and sidings, while Phase four (if it ever happens!) would extend the standalone layout by a couple of boards to create additional interest and some different photographic opportunities.

Inspiration for the whole thing comes from several layouts on rmWeb that has spurred me into doing things in recent years. Namely the Gauge 1, Worcester Road Shed) which is simply outstanding, the O Gauge Black Notley the OO gauge Waverley West and a long-time favourite Pengwynn Crossing

So that's the master plan - no timescale or timeframes, it's all as and when, and it's not likely to move at a fast rate, but it's a major milestone for me. Having relied on Peco track and Marcway points previously, I have taken the decision this time to bite the bullet and have a go at building my own track ... I'm expecting a number of derailments! I've also never seriously attempted scratch building structures or creating proper scenery before, so that's two new area's this will attempt, and another reason for splitting the project down into small initial chunks.

I'll get a track plan for Phase 1/2 and Phase 3 posted shortly. The first is already done, the latter is still be tweaked and sorted in Templot, for which I owe a huge amount of thanks to Martin Wynne for all is help, support, kindness and general assistance when I've 'c*cked it up' somewhere, or tried (and failed) to achieve the impossible :)

For those still reading, who haven't nodded off, realised they should be somewhere else, or simply got bored of my ramblings ... Thanks for staying :) and welcome along for the ride. I'd like to think this could become a good two-way forum with comments and ideas, criticisms as well if they're constructive, and some friendly banter and probably sarcasm on my part! Any questions, please feel free to ask! rmWeb has been a source of inspiration to me over recent months and I'm hoping I can provide something back into the community.

As they stay, stand clear of the doors.......

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thread Index

This posting will be updated as work on the layout progresses.

Proposed trackplans can be found on Post 39, slight change - revised track plan on Post 257, on page 11.

Building Construction

Post 4 - Build work starts on the shed building. (May 2016)

Post 78 - First test construction of the building sides and roof trusses.

Post 104 - First track laid within the shed building

Post 170 - Shed building constructed

Post 181 - First loco arrives on shed, together with some diesel era night shots (Post 182, 243)

Post 217 - Shed roof detail and test fitting of the pits (October 2016)

Post 253 - Shed pits fitted, lights fitted and powered

Post 744 - General Update as of April 2017

Layout Construction

Post 165 - Construction of traverser and first board underway

Post 290 - Layout Control Panel cover design

Post 302 - Design of an MDF mounting frame to attach servos to underside of baseboard

Post 624 - Update and Production version of MDF mounting frame for servos

Rolling Stock

Post 3 - Overview of locomotive fleet.

Post 33 - New Wagon Purchases (May 2016)

Post 160 - Heljan Parcel Vans (August 2016)

Post 218 - Heljan Mk1 BG Royal Mail (October 2016)

Post 627 - Renumber the first Dapol 08 to 08210 'Tuxford'

Tyne & Wear Metrocar

Post 747 - Metrocar Cab End 3D Previews

Wagon Building

Post 363 - Parkside Dundas LNER 20-ton Goods Brake Van Kit (see also Post 689)

Post 417 - LNER Brake Van ... The Build Continues!

Michael Edge NER Electric No. ES1 Brass Kit

Post 723 - Kit construction starts (Pictures on Post 727)

Post 752 - Solebars, inner buffer beams and cross-spacers fitted.

Post 775 - Solebars resoldered after mistake. General update

I've reorganised this section of the listing, so that hopefully it makes more sense and is easier to follow:

Peckett 0-4-0ST IronWorks No. 1 (Post 198)

GWR 1400 Class 0-4-2T No. 1420 [Aug 2016] (Post 161)

LNER A2 Pacific No. 60532 Blue Peter [Jun 2016] (Post 64, 76)

BR Class 08 No. 08227 (Post 3)

BR Class 20 No. 20096

BR Class 20 No. 20107

BR Class 25 No. 25047 [sep 2016] (Post 212)

BR Class 31 No. 31199 [Oct 2016] (Post 303)

BR Class 37 No. 37043

BR Class 37 No. 37052

BR Class 40 No. 40107 (Post 3)

BR Class 47 No. D1577

BR Class 47 No. 47406 Rail Riders [Oct 2016] (Post 303)

BR Class 47 No. 47636 Sir John de Graeme [sep 2016] (Post 188)

BR Class 58 No. 58039 Rugeley Power Station [sep 2016] (Post 198)

BR Class 60 No. 60006 Scunthorpe Ironmaster [Apr 2017] (Post 743)

BR Class 60 No. 60021 Pen-y-Ghent [Aug 2016] (Post 160 - loco repainted April 2017 to 60006)

BR Class 60 No. 60064 Back Tor (August 2016) (Post 160)

Trackwork

Although i'll keep this thread up to date with progress on the trackwork as it progresses, there is a separate thread that I started to ask those better informed than me about queries I had with track building and the like, which can be found here.

Work on building the first point for the new track layout starts on Post 260, and almost completed on Post 280

Layout Images

Marsh Lane Depot:

September 2016: Initial views and night shots (182, 198)

October 2018: Depot rebuilding and trackwork. (921)

Exhibition Images

Gauge O Guild - Doncaster Exhibition (June 2016) - Further images of mine also here.

Gauge O Guild - Telford 2016 Guildex (Sep 2016) - Blog of news from the Guildex, as well as layout pictures and video.

Gainsborough Model Railway - O Gauge (Dec 2016) - ECML in 7mm.

Bristol 7mm Exhibition (January 2017) - Images

Other threads

How realistic are your models challenge - See Posts 4259, 4329.

OHL Construction - Just discussion at present, may turn into a scratch building thread!

Background history on LMS coaches in the Doncaster Test Train during the early 1980s

Index last updated 10th April 2017

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I thought I'd get started with the background to the shed diorama. It's nothing excessive or major, and I've tried to keep it fairly non-region specific, the reason for which I'll explain shortly. The idea is an old steam shed that has been converted for light diesel servicing, by the mid-late 1980s, this would probably be living on borrowed time! As a double-road shed, it's joined by four outside stabling roads, for locos awaiting their next workings.

Although Marsh Lane Shed will be set in the Yorkshire/Humberside area when part of the main layout, my intention, to give some variety, is to set the standalone layout with more of a western theme, around the mid-late 1960s, likely somewhere close to London, but not too close, giving the ability to run some of the early diesels on cross-London transfer freights etc, western hydraulics, and hopefully the odd or occasional steam loco. Of course, sometimes the BR Blue scene will dominate, so it gives maximum interest to me. Hence why the shed building has been designed as non-region specific.

Rather than start with baseboards and track, I've decided to construct the shed building first, then build the rest of the layout around it. I'm hoping to make it super detailed, so it is likely to be something that I'll keep tweaking while track laying is ongoing etc. I've been designing the shed building for about six weeks using Adobe Illustrator, and finally got it to somewhere that I'm happy with. Having never attempted anything like this before, I decided a computer's measurements and straight lines were more accurate than mine would be. So having completed the five pages of plans and drawings - they were sent off to York Modelmaking (YMM) for laser cutting out of MDF.

Now I was somewhat apprehensive. It's not the cheapest way of building things, but I thought this is going to be a big enough learning curve, let's not start by letting poor carpentry get in the way. Julie at YMM was superb with her advice and comments, and the OK was finally given. About five days later, a rather large box appeared packed full of the various items and pieces. To be honest, I hadn't realised I'd included so much!! I estimate there are around 200 pieces in here!

I have to say I needn't have been apprehensive. The end product is amazing. Very cleanly cut, exactly, well, better than I'd hoped for, very well packaged for transit, and overall one very happy customer who cannot recommend them highly enough! I've no other connection with them, but if you've thought about using their services and been wary, don't, go get what you want, you will not regret it.

So these are the vast number of pieces. The first task is to get them all sorted in to the different types and objects, then to build the shed, which is going to take several weeks/a few months, but I'll keep the progress documented as we go. If anyone likes the build, I'm happy for others to use the same plans, or adapt them - just drop me a PM if you want the digital cut files, there's no instructions of graphical plans however! Likewise if anyone wants to know any details about whats been designed and how it will fit together, shout, and I'll do a post on it.

Hope I'm not boring people....

post-16721-0-60970700-1463755159_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-73997500-1463755172_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-41700000-1463755227_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Hi Rich....

I'm really looking forward to watching developments...right up my street.

Your plans look fairly ambitious, and it's great to see that you are prepared to push the boat out a little bit with regards to using bespoke lasercut buildings....It bodes well for a high quality Corporate Blue era layout.

I'm impressed that you're planning ahead by reserving a page dedicated to indexing your efforts...bodes well for a storyline of progress over the coming months if your opening posts are anything to go by.

Certainly nothing boring or uninteresting so far...

I'll be along for the ride...no worries

Randall

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rich....

I'm really looking forward to watching developments...right up my street.

Your plans look fairly ambitious, and it's great to see that you are prepared to push the boat out a little bit with regards to using bespoke lasercut buildings....It bodes well for a high quality Corporate Blue era layout.

Hi Randall,

Many thanks for your kind comments. Yes all is fairly ambitious and a lot of it is new to me, so much to learn and mistakes to be made, but that's part of the fun! I'm hoping that by cutting it into manageable chunks, the ambitious part decreases a bit, so is all doable! Fingers crossed.

Carried on unpacking the shed parts this afternoon, all are now sorted and I'm hoping I may be able to start doing a dry run on assembly this weekend. Attached is a shot of the laser cut rear of the shed. The top is in 3mm MDF for the outer skin, the bottom in 1mm MDF for the inner skin of the building.

Rich

post-16721-0-16495100-1463771689_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

This is looking like a fantastic project and I am delighted to be joining in at the start of it. A class 60 loco in any scale will always get a thumbs up from me and it's interesting to see you name Pengwynn Crossing as a source of inspiration as I still have fond memories of seeing it in Railway Modeller with it's 37s and very faded class 50 all covered in dust from the china clay operations. For years I dreamt of one day owning the layout or building something like it, now all I seem to want is small shunting layouts  :scratchhead:

I too was seduced by O gauge for a while and actually subscribed to the "Build The Mallard" partwork, currently have up to part 83 here with no idea if or when i'll build it or indeed, where I'd run it if I did.

That shed looks very appealing, I can't wait to see it's construction.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the kind words. There was so much about Pengwynn Crossing when it emerged. Modern traction, superb weathering, a busy single track location with lots of activity, china clay area's were seldom modelled but very different, and of course it was a layout curved, with very little straight track! Pure genius on the part of the builders.

I'm looking forward to really getting stuck in, once my re-cooperation is sorted, hopefully in the next few days.

Rich

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

One of the first steps in the shed construction is to cut out the Slaters brick plastikard for the outer and inner walls.

Last night, my mind started thinking about the best way to colour the brickwork. I decided to paint the whole thing Brick Red, then once dry lightly over paint in a grey mortar colour, then wipe off the grey with kitchen paper, hopefully just leaving it in between the brickwork. The result on a test piece seems to have worked and taken the harshness of the red down a bit ... But how does everyone else paint these sheets? Are there any other better or easier ways? Are there any paints that work better or worse with this material?

I haven't yet worked out how to include images with the text, rather than at the bottom of a post! Sorry if the quality of the images isn't great - these are just taken using the camera on my iPad Pro ... But I think they look quite decent.

The internal roof lights for the new shed have also arrived this morning, which if I do say so myself look quite good. Yet to work out how these will be fitted or suspended however!

Shed Doors

In the meantime I've done a dry run on compiling the main shed doors this morning, with the frame, first image, overlaid with the exterior panelling. As a result, I've taken the next step and glued the interior frame work. The photos attached, show the dry run, and the exterior paneling above, along with the 'glue' run.

Part of me wants to varnish them and leave as they are, the other part says they could be varnished on the inside and painted with black and yellow chevrons on the outside. Not too sure yet ... Any thoughts?

Rolling Stock

I have been fortunate to acquire a Lionheart Trains 16-ton mineral wagon this morning. Never used, but fully weathered. To me it looks superb. I can never remember the reason for the grey and bauxite coloring, I seem to recall that one is for fitted wagons, and the other for unfitted, but I could be wrong.

I'm full of admiration for you guys who can create this kind of look. Can anyone recommend any books, websites or threads on here, that would give a step-by-step approach to weathering of wagons? I've got a Parkside mineral kit that I built years ago, although it never ran as the frame isn't straight! I have thought of using it to play with weathering powders, but have no idea where to start ...

Rich

post-16721-0-01539100-1463838156_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-15640300-1463838166_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-34712500-1463838248_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-63797400-1463838303_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-05119800-1463838336_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-70556000-1463838347_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-00197400-1463838360_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-46131100-1463838461_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-69899000-1463838583_thumb.jpeg

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold

Final quick update for tonight. The initial glue construction of the first main door frame for the shed worked well, and I've made a start at putting the exterior cladding on the door. Personally, I'm pleased with the look so far - lets hope the rest of the shed works as well!

While that is drying, I've also cut out the brick paper for the external solid end of the shed, now just need to work out how the best way of painting it is .. See earlier query if anyone has any ideas?

Rich

post-16721-0-77026700-1463856499_thumb.jpeg

post-16721-0-66465200-1463856511_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Evening Rich, Really glad to see the Marsh Lane name put to good use. The ''Blue'' time frame suits the name well, and your ideas sound very good too.

All the best, and I hope this project works well, I had a couple of finds :O  at the Bloxwich Show today, see George T's kitbuilding tread, hahhah

Rich

Great to see you've started your thread. Its looking like its going to be a cracker of a project. All I can say to other followers is that there are some great control ideas to come.

Rich, I was brought up on the Notts / Lincs borders and have lots of family in Lincolnshire. My Father's first job was out in Scunthorpe! Although my rail passion is pre WWII GWR, (I can't really explain why), I am also fascinated by the GCR, so Barnetby Junc is another full on hit.

I grew up watching Blue Diesels and the large logos were just in when I moved off to college and fell away from railways. If I weren't modelling what I am, I think I would do a blue diesel industrial scene of some sort.

Keep in touch.

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rich

Your stock is really well weathered. Whose model is that 08 please

Regards

Paul R

Hi Paul,

Thanks - not something I can take the credit for tho! The large logo 47 was repainted for me by Jon Gavin, while Andy Cairns (Cairns Road Works) is currently deal with another 47, which will emerged in Intercity Livery as 47406, and a Heljan 31, in Railfreight Grey. I wish I could weather things!!

The 08 is a San Cheng model, with full cab interior. I think these started life as the Bachmann brass versions. Lovely smooth runner, and fitted with a Zimo DCC sound decoder. It's going to be supplemented by a couple of Dapol 08s shortly, another one in Blue that will become one of the Tinsley unofficial named engines, and probably a green or black example, to add to the early-mid 1960s fleet.

Rich

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Evening Rich, Really glad to see the Marsh Lane name put to good use. The ''Blue'' time frame suits the name well, and your ideas sound very good too.

All the best, and I hope this project works well, I had a couple of finds :O  at the Bloxwich Show today, see George T's kitbuilding tread, hahhah

Andrew,

Coming from you that's praise indeed! Thanks, nice to have you along. Have a few ideas for developing things in the future, that haven't been mentioned, but taking it in little steps, one by one for now.

Mhmmm ... I'll go seek out George's kitbuilding thread and find out what you've been acquiring!

Rich

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Rich

Great to see you've started your thread. Its looking like its going to be a cracker of a project. All I can say to other followers is that there are some great control ideas to come.

Rich, I was brought up on the Notts / Lincs borders and have lots of family in Lincolnshire. My Father's first job was out in Scunthorpe! Although my rail passion is pre WWII GWR, (I can't really explain why), I am also fascinated by the GCR, so Barnetby Junc is another full on hit.

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the comment, I'm hoping so! Really up for the challenge and looking forward to doing something productive that at the end of it I can say, I created that. Whether I can achieve my expectations and high standards is another matter!

Ah well your from God's county :) Barnetby I have to say is nothing without the semaphores, but I, very fortunate that I got to spend some time in Wrawby Junction box, officially I may add, during its last operational shift on Christmas Eve 2015. Very strange and emotional day, but it was interesting to remark to the signalling manager, that with the exception of track circuits, if the very first Wrawby signaller returned from the grave and walked into the box, he would be right at home and signalling trains - absolutely nothing had changed!!

That's part of where my incentive for the control side of this layout comes from - keeping the past alive, having been lucky enough to experience it.

Great to have you along! Thanks for the mineral explanation, I knew it was something like that just couldn't remember which way round it was!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 2

Hi Paul,

Thanks - not something I can take the credit for tho! The large logo 47 was repainted for me by Jon Gavin, while Andy Cairns (Cairns Road Works) is currently deal with another 47, which will emerged in Intercity Livery as 47406, and a Heljan 31, in Railfreight Grey. I wish I could weather things!!

The 08 is a San Cheng model, with full cab interior. I think these started life as the Bachmann brass versions. Lovely smooth runner, and fitted with a Zimo DCC sound decoder. It's going to be supplemented by a couple of Dapol 08s shortly, another one in Blue that will become one of the Tinsley unofficial named engines, and probably a green or black example, to add to the early-mid 1960s fleet.

Rich

Hi Rich

I too will be receiving a Dapol 08 in pre tops blue.

I also have an all brass (no resin) MMP kit to build at some point which will join the Black Notley green diesel fleet.

All the best

Paul R

• RMweb Gold

I too will be receiving a Dapol 08 in pre tops blue.

I also have an all brass (no resin) MMP kit to build at some point which will join the Black Notley green diesel fleet.

Yes, at the price you just can't let them go. I'm also told they will be quite happy with the OO gauge Zimo sound decoder (apparently what the DCC versions will come fitted with if I've read things right) so that also makes the DCC application somewhat cheaper too!

I'm trying to decide whether to go for a green and a black or a green and pre-tops blue for the 1960s era. One of the problems of having two fleets lol! Just hoping they are as good in the flesh as the prototype pics we've all seen as Dapol really seem to have pulled out the punches with these. And now an 03 from Heljan as well!! Shunter heaven!!

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

What I don't understand -and accepting Dapol has honoured its price and later models will be about £50 more - is why Heljans shunters are twice the price.

I have an old Vulcan 04 so won't be tempted by the new 03. It was the first 7 mm loco i ever built. The Little Loco Company class15 is a must have for Black Notley and ideally 2 but I can't afford more than 1 at this stage.

Still torn about a Warship. It came too soon after Falcon!

Paul R

• RMweb Gold

What I don't understand -and accepting Dapol has honoured its price and later models will be about £50 more - is why Heljans shunters are twice the price.

I have an old Vulcan 04 so won't be tempted by the new 03. It was the first 7 mm loco i ever built. The Little Loco Company class15 is a must have for Black Notley and ideally 2 but I can't afford more than 1 at this stage.

Still torn about a Warship. It came too soon after Falcon!

Paul R

Yes, I know what you mean. I'm working on the assumption that Heljan are doing their usual limited run, with a fixed profit margin (which I guess you could say helps us all out in the future as their limited available keeps prices high - look at the split head code 37 and the 47 models!), but that Dapol are going the other way, with a high quantity production run (or runs), and a lower price to build on the back of the terriers. It has the effect of flooding the place, and we'll see O gauge 08s popping up everywhere! But if it brings the costs down for us, I'm in favour! I see a couple of places are doing their own commissions with Dapol on the 08s, which is another avenue to keep costs down of course.

Going to be very interesting to see where LittleLoco Company can price their 24 - if its around the 350-400 mark then I think there's a definitive hit on their hands, and a challenge to Heljan to reduce costs. NThDegree at The Little Loco Company is not in my good books tho - the introduction of a Class 15 was just an outlandish move!!! Love the design of those locos, so he's caused me the expense of starting a 1960s fleet to have one!!! Hehehe!

Certainly an interesting time to be in O gauge, just wish I hadn't missed out on the Western's early on now :(

Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for posting on my Llanbourne thread. I though I would have a look at what you are up to. I have a couple of 7mm models myself and have been thinking about a small shunty type layout. a railfreight liv class 31 should look awesome. Your class 40 looks very too.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Rich,

Thanks for posting on my Llanbourne thread. I though I would have a look at what you are up to. I have a couple of 7mm models myself and have been thinking about a small shunty type layout. a railfreight liv class 31 should look awesome. Your class 40 looks very too.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks Peter.

I'm enjoying putting the shed building together, but will be pleased to move onto a baseboard and be able to run something!! The reassignment of 31299 from Cairns Road Works to Marsh Lane should only be a couple of months away. Andy is transforming it with the PH Design etches for me, as well as the repaint! I'll keep you up to date.

Which 7mm models do you have?

Rich

Edited by MarshLane
  • Like 1

Thanks Peter.

I'm enjoying putting the shed building together, but will be pleased to move onto a baseboard and be able to run something!! The reassignment of 31255 from Cairns Road Works to Marsh Lane should only be a couple of months away. Andy is transforming it withe the PH Design etches for me, as well as the repaint! I'll keep you up to date.

Which 7mm models do you have?

Rich

Hi Rich,

Oh yes please post up pics when you get it I liked the class 31s in railfreight liv. I need to build a loco shed for Llanbourne but keep finding excuses not to build it.

I built a Parkside Grampus kit years ago and more recently got myself a Heljan class 37 which will be repainted into 37043 on day. I also have a Heljan class 26 in blue which will get some work at some point. My 00 projects will get done first but I will get to them one day.

Cheers Peter.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice little Scottish scenario there with the 37 and 26 - perhaps a little engineers yard ;)

Can recommend 37043 ... That was my first O gauge purchase! A tower repaint, and still my pride and joy to this day! Walked in to Tower Models to find out a bit more about O gauge, and walked out with the wallet a lot lighter, a huge smile, and this under my arm!!! :)

Rich

post-16721-0-64151700-1463922160_thumb.jpeg

• Like 10