Hello,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me with making headcode box fronts.  I have two 7mm class 40 locos that I am building which have headcode boxes, one is the split type the other the central type. I intend to illuminate the headcodes.

Do people use a transfer or decal that is added to the inside of the headcode lens or is there another way to do this?

Cheers

Lee

Hello,

I wonder if someone might be able to help me with making headcode box fronts.  I have two 7mm class 40 locos that I am building which have headcode boxes, one is the split type the other the central type. I intend to illuminate the headcodes.

Do people use a transfer or decal that is added to the inside of the headcode lens or is there another way to do this?

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee

Try Precision Labels they do translucent ones that can be backlit I've used them in the past on Heljan 27/47's. It's also possible to

make your own up to size using MS power point and printing on photo paper finding a suitable font can prove an issue depending on your

PC system

HTH

Ken

I just print mine out on a computer. Find the right font and print them in white on a black background (photoshop) on normal 80g paper. Adjust to size. Cut them out and put an LED behind them.

As seen on this Clayton. The lights were out when this shot was taken.

post-22317-0-04325400-1463783639_thumb.jpg

I just print mine out on a computer. Find the right font and print them in white on a black background (photoshop) on normal 80g paper. Adjust to size. Cut them out and put an LED behind them.

I think I'd like to see more of this Clayton, Yardman....  :angel:

• RMweb Gold

That looks good! And the lights might be out but its good to see theres someone in ... the cab

Phil

Thank you very much to those that have replied...

It seems I omitted one piece of information in my initial email and that was that I am after the 'white dots' type headcode.  However, now I know that Precision Labels do the lettered type, I'm sure they must do the 'dots' too.

Many thanks for all your help

Cheers

Lee

It seems I omitted one piece of information in my initial email and that was that I am after the 'white dots' type headcode. However, now I know that Precision Labels do the lettered type, I'm sure they must do the 'dots' too.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee...

I recently converted my Heljan 7mm class 37 to centre headcode.

I couldn't find any so I put a request in to Railtec.

Within days they added them to their range which are now available for £2.90

I put them onto the rear of clear plastikard and glued that in place over the repositioned white markerlights.

I used Klear as the adhesive.

Works like a dream...

Randall

post-6897-0-00127200-1463821836_thumb.jpeg

I think I'd like to see more of this Clayton, Yardman....  :angel:

That isn't a problem. I will be uploading a video of it on our club website shortly, www.a19modelrailwayclub.org and our Facebook page. The Clayton has a Loksound decoder and working Radiator fans. A remodelled cab interior and independently controlled taillights and headcode indicators. It is only lightly weathered as it represents a loco that was only a month old in spring 1964, when the layout period is set.

post-22317-0-06951300-1463825188_thumb.jpg

Hi Lee...

I recently converted my Heljan 7mm class 37 to centre headcode.

I couldn't find any so I put a request in to Railtec.

Within days they added them to their range which are now available for £2.90

I put them onto the rear of clear plastikard and glued that in place over the repositioned white markerlights.

I used Klear as the adhesive.

Works like a dream...

Randall

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hi Randy,

Thank you.  I couldn't find these either... only what looks to be just the white 'dots'.  I have sent Steve an email at Railtech so I shall see what he says.

Cheers

Lee

It seems I omitted one piece of information in my initial email and that was that I am after the 'white dots' type headcode.  However, now I know that Precision Labels do the lettered type, I'm sure they must do the 'dots' too.

Cheers

Lee

Yes they do "Domino Dots" also - black printed on a thin white "translucent' plastic sheet, cut out and fit behind the headcode glass, very easy to use and look good. 

Archived