Peppa Pig’s friends from New York are visiting. They went to the railway station where Mr Rabbit is the stationmaster. The train was late and they had to wait a long time so Cookie Monster played his guitar and sang a song about cheese on toast with Marmite. When the train arrived the kindly district railway superintendent Mr Klein let them climb into the cab of the engine. George Pig was frightened and started to cry when the old engine blew off loudly. He felt better when he was allowed to blow the whistle and do lots of toots.

The End.

post-13142-0-98750900-1495127638_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-78009700-1495127667_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

Oh no,I do like checking your railway thread,But No,If only you knew how many times i have watched Peppa bloody pig,

I love my two grand daughters to bits,They have even broke bits off of my model railway,and i have not minded,but i do not think i can watch any more peppa

Peppa Pig’s friends from New York are visiting. They went to the railway station where Mr Rabbit is the stationmaster. The train was late and they had to wait a long time so Cookie Monster played his guitar and sang a song about cheese on toast with Marmite. When the train arrived the kindly district railway superintendent Mr Klein let them climb into the cab of the engine. George Pig was frightened and started to cry when the old engine blew off loudly. He felt better when he was allowed to blow the whistle and do lots of toots.

The End.

In view of these recent postings, your therapist has asked if you wouldn't mind coming in a bit earlier for your usual Monday morning session, as there is clearly a lot more work to be done!  :locomotive:

Now that my granddaughters have returned home and their friends have left Tonfanau Camp, I can return to slightly more serious matters. The station platform has been installed and the fence and running-in board erected. Groundwork around the level crossing and in the goods yard is progressing. This layout is quite unusual because it aims to depict a "low rise". All of the buildings on the layout will be single storey and the landscape kept flat as I try to simulate a bleak, windswept, overcast scene. I intend to install a weighbridge and associated office, but tomorrow some fencicng and gates will go up.

post-13142-0-58588500-1495138198_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-47925400-1495138225_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-17607900-1495138250_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Hi Chris,

The ground cover in front of the buffers looks spot on in colour and texture, what did you use in the end?

I made a slight detour while at work the other day and ended up at Ropley and topped up my supply of ash.

post-7101-0-16874900-1495178877_thumb.jpg

This ash was fresh out of the grate of their Black Five, I could not find a container to carry the ash so ended up using my '' lunch box ,'' for some reason the wife was not that amused when I returned home....

Regards,

Martyn.

Edited by 3 link
  • Like 5

Hi Chris,

The ground cover in front of the buffers looks spot on in colour and texture, what did you use in the end?

I made a slight detour while at work the other day and ended up at Ropley and topped up my supply of ash.

attachicon.gifIMG_0636.JPG

This ash was fresh out of the grate of their Black Five, I could not find a container to carry the ash so ended up using my '' lunch box ,'' for some reason the wife was not that amused when I returned home....

Regards,

Martyn.

Martyn,

After much experimentation I settled on chinchilla dust blended with a small amount of kiln-dried sand and powdered black poster paint. It was a sprinkled on B&Q's cheapest, non-drip grey gloss paint.

I plan to visit the Watercress Line this Saturday as it's only 20m minutes away. Hopefully, I can help them to recycle some ash. There is a small model railway show at Medstead.

Regards,

Chris

Chris, IMHO, the backscene perfectly portrays a bleak windswept landscape. The light patches on the drape suggest the sun's rays attempting to break through the clag after heavy rain. Smashing stuff.

Chris, IMHO, the backscene perfectly portrays a bleak windswept landscape. The light patches on the drape suggest the sun's rays attempting to break through the clag after heavy rain. Smashing stuff.

Thanks for the compliment.  The backscene is made of vinyl and is thus flexible. Consequently, the lighting effect changes as I have to raise and lower one half of the backscene whenever I open and close the garage up-and-over door. I would like to claim this is the ressult of some very smart, lateral thinking and vision, but it is in fact entirely serendipitous.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

The End.

This ought to be in MRJ!

It would keep some of the readers in a permanent state of apoplexy for months

Well it was not unknown for the fireman to cook up some bacon and eggs on lightly scorched bread served with some tea, not so sure about cheese & marmite toast though.

I had a couple mates one was in the local signal box for the goods to the docks and another crewed on the loco a 0-6-0 LMS 2F or 3F not sure.

This line was along the Mersey into Garston docks where we had many a chip supper in that box playing cards, pulling levers and ringing the bells.

Oh the 60's were fun, then it was off into downtown Liverpool clubbing to the Beatles, Rory Storm, Jerry & the Pacemakers, Swinging blue Jeans, the Searchers and many others.  Oh the 60's WERE FUN.

I've spent the afternoon erecting fencing and gates at the entrance to Tonfanau Camp's goods yard and like David Archer who forever seems to be doing the same thing on Brookfield Farm, I'm knackered. I had thought that the telephone box should be on the other side of the level crossing closer to the station, but I was inspired by the late C C Green's photograph of the goods yard at Llandre on the Cambrian Coast line between Machynlleth and Aberystwyth. There remain a few details to add including a "Beware of Trains" sign adjacent to the pedestrian gate on the level crossing. I also need to add some cosmetic hinge ironmongery to the gates; its absence is horribly plain in the photos. Nevertheless, I'm rather pleased with the result so far, but my big achievement today was typing Machynlleth and Aberystwyth without having to look them up.

Regards,

Chris

post-13142-0-79095200-1495204330_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-89082300-1495204350_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-35362400-1495204356_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-79412800-1495204581_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

I've spent the afternoon erecting fencing and gates at the entrance to Tonfanau Camp's goods yard and like David Archer who forever seems to be doing the same thing on Brookfield Farm, I'm knackered. I had thought that the telephone box should be on the other side of the level crossing closer to the station, but I was inspired by the late C C Green's photograph of the goods yard at Llandre on the Cambrian Coast line between Machynlleth and Aberystwyth. There remain a few details to add including a "Beware of Trains" sign adjacent to the pedestrian gate on the level crossing. I also need to add some cosmetic hinge ironmongery to the gates; its absence is horribly plain in the photos. Nevertheless, I'm rather pleased with the result so far, but my big achievement today was typing Machynlleth and Aberystwyth without having to look them up.

Regards,

Chris

All coming along nicely.

Out of interest, did you use kiln dried sand in grey gloss for your Tarmac in the end?

If so, where did you buy the sand? Not sure if I should go to B&Q or hobby craft for mine.

Paul

• Like 1

All coming along nicely.

Out of interest, did you use kiln dried sand in grey gloss for your Tarmac in the end?

If so, where did you buy the sand? Not sure if I should go to B&Q or hobby craft for mine.

Paul

Paul,

The road surface was kiln-dried sand in grey gloss paint. I then vacuumed off any loose sand and painted the final surface with a suitable shade of matt grey paint from a tester pot. I bought the sand at B&Q. I try to avoid Hobbycraft for anything and everything because of its outrageously high prices.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 2

Chris

This is looking fantastic. Any chance of an overall view to place it in context?

Just out of interest how are you going to simulate 7mm rain

Paul R

... but my big achievement today was typing Machynlleth and Aberystwyth without having to look them up.

I have been a regular visitor to mid-Wales since 1985 (up again next week, for the end of May Bank Hols).  The problem, is that people there just talk about 'Mac' and 'Aber', so opportunities to confront the full spelling of their respective names are few.  Even after all these years, I can (just) spell 'Aberystwyth' without recourse to a map, Google, etc. but, err 'Mac' still gets me in a pickle.  Not helped by the fact that early-on (for some reason) I got it into my head that it was actually 'Macyllinth', as in 'Maccy Linth' (I sometimes still think that to myself even now), its a bit like an 'ear worm', but with spelling rather than a song/tune (LOL).

Chris

This is looking fantastic. Any chance of an overall view to place it in context?

Just out of interest how are you going to simulate 7mm rain

Paul R

Paul,

I'll try to set up an overall view this weekend, but it's quite tricky with long, thin layouts. Meanwhile, it has started to rain heavily.

Regards,

Chris

post-13142-0-21004400-1495221957_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

It's back to grey skies and rain after the recent burst of stormlight at Tonfanau Camp. Ex-Cambrian 0-6-0 896 awaits the up starter, but the crew seems to have bunked off to the signalman's privy. Keen observers will see that some more fencing, gates and signs have been installed.

post-13142-0-62202100-1496253775_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-75694000-1496253780_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-67808000-1496253785_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-63988900-1496253790_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

• 2 weeks later...

Mummy Pig and Daddy Pig had just voted in the general election.

“Who did you vote for, Daddy?” asked Peppa Pig.

“I voted for the Green Party, Peppa,” replied Daddy Pig.

“Why Daddy?” asked Peppa.

“Because they will ensure that high quality, nutritionally balanced vegetarian and vegan menu options are widely available and promoted in all public sector establishments such as schools, hospitals and care facilities,” explained Daddy Pig.

“Oh. Well I’m bored with the general election,” said Peppa. “Can we visit Mr Bull in the signal box at Tonfanau Camp?”

“Good idea Peppa,” replied Daddy Pig.

Peppa and Daddy Pig knocked on the door of the signal box.

“Hello Mr Bull. Please can we visit your signal box?” asked Peppa.

“Yes of course,” said Mr Bull. “Come in.”

A bell sounded in the signal box.

“Why did that bell ring?” asked Peppa.

“It is the Tyer's No. 7 electric train tablet single line instrument,” replied Mr Bull.

“But why do you need a tablet in a signal box Mr Bull?” asked Peppa.

“I know why” exclaimed Daddy Pig. “I’m rather an expert on railway signalling and telegraphy you know.”

“Oh,” said Peppa. “I didn’t know that.”

“Yes I am and the bell means that the engine driver is not feeling very well and needs a special railway tablet to get better before the train can go to the next station,” explained Daddy Pig.

“Oh, you are a clever Daddy,” said Peppa. “Do you think Mr Bull needs a tablet too because he is choking very badly on his cup of tea?”

The End.

post-13142-0-02484900-1497003087_thumb.jpg

• Like 4