TPE new trains

That is smart. At last we are getting decent, modern looking trains. Who's building them?

Go back to page one of this thread.

(use the double-arrow button to the left of PREV (previous page) at the top or bottom of this page).

• RMweb Gold

Go back to page one of this thread.

(use the double-arrow button to the left of PREV (previous page) at the top or bottom of this page).

I know, I'm lazy aren't I?

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, the set that's at Anglesey at the moment is the set from Velim that arrived on the east coast by sea, got roaded to the west side of the UK to be put on rails, and will be hauled by ROG to Manchester for finishing and commissioning. It's not in storage. Whether further sets will be stored there, due to the lack of driver training on TPE, remains to be seen

Jo

Unless I've got the wrong end of the stick, the set that's at Anglesey at the moment is the set from Velim that arrived on the east coast by sea, got roaded to the west side of the UK to be put on rails, and will be hauled by ROG to Manchester for finishing and commissioning. It's not in storage. Whether further sets will be stored there, due to the lack of driver training on TPE, remains to be seen

Jo

Really??? was there no-where closer to where they arrived on the east coast to stick them on the rails??? sounds absolutely bizarre!!

No guarantee that they're presently permitted to actually move on the national network either, and if Anglesey is where they need to be to have some work or other done on them then that's where they should go.

3 other sets have moved on the UK network already, hauled by ROG Portbury - Longsight

Jo

Jo

Coaches currently on route to Longsight.

Mark

https://www.mark5812.smugmug.com

Will the driving trailers be considered a different type of "traction" for drivers to learn? Presumably they would in a generic sense - thinking about DVTs and DBSOs it's unlikely that they'll be especially similar to all the various things that could shove them.

• RMweb Premium

Will the driving trailers be considered a different type of "traction" for drivers to learn? Presumably they would in a generic sense - thinking about DVTs and DBSOs it's unlikely that they'll be especially similar to all the various things that could shove them.

I can't answer the question exactly but think that I saw and interview with someone from TPE that said that the DVT's have had their cabs modelled on the 68's.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

Coaches currently on route to Longsight.

Worked as 5N32, 08.29 Holyhead Anglesey Aluminium to Manchester International Depot.  This is the site owned by Alstom that is directly across the mainline opposite Longsight Depot and will be used for the commissioning and maintenance of the Nova 3 sets.

Here it is passing through Crewe hauled by DRS 57303 'Pride of Carlisle', with 47812 bringing up the rear.

post-414-0-00113300-1532706814.jpg

post-414-0-73870500-1532706821.jpg

post-414-0-70862200-1532706830.jpg

post-414-0-38144300-1532706838.jpg

post-414-0-39810200-1532706845.jpg

post-414-0-16455500-1532706854.jpg

post-414-0-69067900-1532706861.jpg

post-414-0-24711900-1532706870.jpg

post-414-0-99809900-1532706880.jpg

post-414-0-80044100-1532706892.jpg

I'm assuming coach numbers (plus a set number?) will be added during commissioning as I couldn't see any identifying numbers on the outside.

IMHO from the outside these are the most stylish looking trains on the network.  Hopefully the interior will be equally stylish.  

• Like 10

Apparently ASLEF complained about the position of one of the controls in the driving trailer cab. It was pointed that it was in exactly the same position as in the 68s...

(Not all the controls are in exactly the same position but very close)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Previous reports have been that the CAF DTs are similar to the 68 cabs. Even if they aren't, at least if the 68 training is well underway, drivers won't need to learn two types of cab in a short period.

Cheers,

Mick

Worked as 5N32, 08.29 Holyhead Anglesey Aluminium to Manchester International Depot.  This is the site owned by Alstom that is directly across the mainline opposite Longsight Depot and will be used for the commissioning and maintenance of the Nova 3 sets.

Here it is passing through Crewe hauled by DRS 57303 'Pride of Carlisle', with 47812 bringing up the rear.

I'm assuming coach numbers (plus a set number?) will be added during commissioning as I couldn't see any identifying numbers on the outside.

IMHO from the outside these are the most stylish looking trains on the network.  Hopefully the interior will be equally stylish.

Numbers in door windows on a piece of paper.

11503, 12701, 12702, 12703 & 12801

Mark

https://www.mark5812.smugmug.com

Edited by mpb56125