TPE new trains

• RMweb Gold

"Enterprise" and some MK5s were on Longsight this morning.

I know this because the train I was on was stopped at Longsight for 30 minutes when all trains to Manchester Airport were cancelled. We went back bang road, to Piccadilly, where all airport passengers were being turfed off.

I got a train to Stockport and then a taxi and arrived in time to hear the "controlled explosion" but still missed my flight.

Kev.

• RMweb Premium

A bit of excitement at York today.  1E23 ex Liverpool parked up on plat 1, 37 late, due to "problem with brakes".  1F60 cancelled between Scarborough and York due to "late arrival of inbound service" departs ex plat 1!

• Informative/Useful 2

The other week the same web cam at York had a DRS 66 where the two 68's are and a pair of 68's in the other siding.  Last Saturday there was one parked in the old Scarborough bay next to the real ale bar and car park.

Coming from the NRM, I was surprised to find Superb on an in service train. I think it was working the 1738 York to Liverpool LS, coming from Scarborough.

IMG_3602.JPG.64ac9df9652fb1b99ac52c10a5277bd3.JPG

IMG_3606.JPG.dd98c4c93bccf2638bd404429cfd0439.JPG

Not the best pictures I am afraid. By the way, is there a list of Mk5 worked services available?

Felix

• Like 10

8 hours ago, AMJ said:

The other week the same web cam at York had a DRS 66 where the two 68's are and a pair of 68's in the other siding.  Last Saturday there was one parked in the old Scarborough bay next to the real ale bar and car park.

The best one I've seen live was a pair of 68s and a pair of WCRC 37s in the sidings, and a kettle in platform 11. Wish I'd taken a screenshot.

Cheers

David

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It looks as though today, for the first time, TransPennine Express has two class 68s and Mark 5A Nova 3 sets on Liverpool Lime Street-Scarborough diagrams.

Nova 3 set TP04 is working

5F48 04.54 Longsight Car MD - Manchester Victoria

1F48 05.55 Manchester Victoria - Liverpool Lime Street
1E25 06.56 Liverpool Lime Street - Scarborough
1F62 10.41 Scarborough - Liverpool Lime Street
1E39 13.56 Liverpool Lime Street - Scarborough
1F76 17.44 Scarborough - Liverpool Lime Street
1J53 20.56 Liverpool Lime Street - Stalybridge

5H53 21.57 Stalybridge - Longsight Car MD

Nova 3 set TP09 with 68027 leading from Liverpool Lime Street:

5E23 04.33 Longsight Car MD - Liverpool Lime Street

1E23 05.56 Liverpool Lime Street - Scarborough
1F60 09.41 Scarborough - Liverpool Lime Street
1E37 12.56 Liverpool Lime Street - Scarborough
1F74 16.44 Scarborough - Liverpool Lime Street
1E51 19.56 Liverpool Lime Street - Scarborough
1P98 22.46 Scarborough - Manchester Piccadilly

5H86 01.24 Manchester Piccadilly - Longsight Car MD

• Informative/Useful 6

23 minutes ago, peanuts said:

looking at that diagram one wonders do 1F76 &1E51 cross each other at some point ? now that would be a photo op ?

They should cross at Earlestown, if both are on time!

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y81027/2019/09/25/advanced

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/Y81043/2019/09/25/advanced

Cheers

David

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, peanuts said:

looking at that diagram one wonders do 1F76 &1E51 cross each other at some point ? now that would be a photo op ?

I'd been pondering that too.  Many of the Liverpool Lime Street - Scarborough services are almost timed to pass at Morley too, which is a tad more convenient than Earlestown for me, but sadly though not the diagrams that the pair are working today.  

Nearest i can get to it would be Newton Le Willows but it'll be dark by then, i'm hoping to try again and get out this afternoon to finally see my first ones at Newton, famous last words as the other week when i did just that they got cancelled or broke down!:rolleyes:

Slowly approaching and almost at a crawl through Newton Le Willows Station crossing the A49 Mill Lane road bridge from the West is 'Splended' on the Liverpool -Scarborough today at 1.14pm, less than a few minutes later 68 025 thundered past in the other direction and caught me and my camera completely by surprise. A good hour well spent with my first two class 68's seen and also a passing class 66 kopped and now firmly underlined in the shed book!:)

2019-09-25_14_19_56.jpg

2019-09-25_14_20_11.jpg

Edited by Owd Bob
spelling
  • Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Just supposing I had nothing better to do on Friday than go for a jolly on the Mk5's from York to Scarborough and back how do I confirm that they are on the diagram before I set off from home? I only need to know about 40 mins before departure time but I dont want a go on a 185 or to pay for parking on top of my dissapointment

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, ngtrains.com said:

Just supposing I had nothing better to do on Friday than go for a jolly on the Mk5's from York to Scarborough and back how do I confirm that they are on the diagram before I set off from home? I only need to know about 40 mins before departure time but I dont want a go on a 185 or to pay for parking on top of my dissapointment

can assure everyone 1E23 is locohauled  this morning driver giving it a proper thrash up the valley from stalybridge this morning could here it from the otherside of the valley 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peanuts said:

can assure everyone 1E23 is locohauled  this morning driver giving it a proper thrash up the valley from stalybridge this morning could here it from the otherside of the valley 

as is 1E25 tho a lot more muted less of a thrash 

• RMweb Gold

The 68s and Mark5a Nova 3 sets appear now to have settled down to a regular single daily diagram of 3 return workings between Liverpool Lime Street and Scarborough.  Over the past week, a second daily diagram has been added, although it appears to be a little bit more hit and miss.

Passing through Ravensthorpe on 2nd October 2019, 68027 'Splendid' and Nova 3 set TP09 with 1F60, 09.41 Scarborough to Liverpool Lime Street.

1933973839_680271F60Ravensthorpe02102019-RMweb.jpg.9e78d7cff2ee2a1d926bb8436a50b3f2.jpg 

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, 62613 said:

There looks to be a bit of construction activity going on at the Piccadilly end of TPE's Ardwick depot; extra berthing sidings?

Those sidings at Siemens Ardwick depot are for Northern units. The TPE CAF Mk5a and CAF class 397 will use Longsight nearby. 

Cheers

Simon

Edited by 87023Velocity
  • Thanks 1