Farish incoming - May 2016

Andy Y

Here's the list of what has left the factory through to arriving in the UK during May.

GRAHAM FARISH N SCALE

Cat. No

Description

Era

DCC

RRP

370-425

N Scale Train Pack – Special Collector’s Edition

Containing 6 car Midland Pullman in all Blue livery with white window areas. (A) M60092 + (B) M60732 + © M60742 + (D) M60743 + (E) M60733 + (F) M60093

Also contains history book, pack of Pullman stewards and train crew figures, reproduction menu card and fine art print

4/5

6PIN

£399.45

371-985

GWR 64xx 0-6-0PT No. 6407 in GWR green livery. NEW TOOLING

6PIN

£94.95

371-986

GWR 64xx 0-6-0PT No. 6417 in BR black livery with early emblem. Shed code 86J 

NEW TOOLING

6PIN

£94.95

371-987

GWR 64xx 0-6-0PT No. 6412 in BR lined green livery with late crest. Shed code 86A

NEW TOOLING

6PIN

£94.95

373-260C

Cattle wagon in BR early bauxite livery No. B893603

4/5

-

£16.95

373-261B

Cattle wagon in GWR grey livery No. 106766

-

£16.95

377-650A

MBA high sided megabox wagon with buffers in EWS (weathered) livery No. 500006

-

£38.95

377-651A

MBA high sided megabox wagon without buffers in EWS (weathered) livery No. 500067

-

£38.95

377-925A

PCA Metalair wagon in Blue Circle Cement livery (weathered) No. 11026

-

£26.95

377-927A

PCA Metalair wagon in grey (weathered) livery No. 11069

-

£26.05

• RMweb Gold

Was there ever any official explanation to what happened with the STD4 tanks? Due April, supposedly arrived, but then vanished of the face of the earth!

Tom. 

• RMweb Premium

Was there ever any official explanation to what happened with the STD4 tanks? Due April, supposedly arrived, but then vanished of the face of the earth!

Tom. 

Steam section of Farish website not updated since 11 May--maybe in the next update?

• RMweb Premium

Hi Gang,

£26.05 for a weathered PCA.......sorry, that's just a bit too much now....

Glad I have my 24 from previous purchases...

Later,

Stu from EGDL.

Just what I thought. That's proper mental. They were on sale at Hattons for £8 less than a year ago.

• RMweb Premium

Remember there is a difference between the old Farish PCA and this, the newer tooled PCA Metalair with all its added detail

It was the newer ones - I've got a load! IIRC it was these, even virtually the same product code.

Even looking at retail that's a 150% increase.

It was the newer ones - I've got a load! IIRC it was these, even virtually the same product code.

Even looking at retail that's a 150% increase.

Yep, I seem to recall that they also sold them in a pack of three weathered ones for around 20-something pounds, basically three for the price of one now. I'm sure I got a couple of the triple packs. But hey, if you purchased then you won't be buying now (unless you want more). The lesson is get all what you want as soon as possible to avoid future price rises.

G. 

• RMweb Premium

They did indeed, I must admit I've not really been watching, did we know this was coming? That's the equivalent of a diesel loco suddenly costing £250 and a MU like the 350 costing £500, overnight.

• RMweb Premium

The price of the pannier is a little bit of an ouch, also.....

Les

It's far more in line with recent prices. 

The price of the pannier is a little bit of an ouch, also.....

Les

With Bachmann's enforced max 15% discount from retailers (still sounds like price fixing?) you'll get it for best £80.71 for first 3 months.

Cheers,

Alan

With Bachmann's enforced max 15% discount from retailers (still sounds like price fixing?) you'll get it for best £80.71 for first 3 months.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan

It looks like that will be the case. I guess we will get used to these new prices in time, it just reflects the world we live in now.

Of course dealers are free to charge what they will after that period and I note from the banners on here that if you want an LMS Ivatt it is yours for £69.50 or a BR black one £79.50 from Rails (and I'm sure others are equally competitive). I'd be tempted, repainting the LMS one into unlined BR black would be dead easy but I already have four, so think that I'll wait for one of the two new releases (probably late Crest).

For me, and a number of others I have spoken to, price is not the main issue anyway, it is lack of supply, if there's nothing new to buy, the RRP and any consequent discount are really just numbers!!

I note Andy says the BR Standard 4MT Tank is close which is encouraging, but it would be really good if Bachmann could give an insight into how close.

Regards

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

Well Andy did say the 4MT Tanks were close. If that timing holds good they should be here in time for my birthday.

Great news, I now have something for the list. Now do I just ask for a Late Crest one or push my luck and ask for both.....

Roy

Archived