Oxford announce Carflat, additional liveries and sound options.

Andy Y

Was the Camden example the last one extant on the national network, as late as 2009? http://www.departmentals.com/photo/024783

Looks like till 2011 from the comments? ISTR some stored at Basingstoke for many years too, but not as late as that!

There was also a heavily modified STVA example (air brakes, Y25 bogies etc) at Bordesley for years, definitely well into the 00s - that may have lasted a similar length of time? 

Looks like till 2011 from the comments? ISTR some stored at Basingstoke for many years too, but not as late as that!

There was also a heavily modified STVA example (air brakes, Y25 bogies etc) at Bordesley for years, definitely well into the 00s - that may have lasted a similar length of time? 

The Basingstoke ones were there until about a decade ago; each was cut in half on site, then taken away by road . I passed a couple of artics with them on on the M3.

The STVA one was used alongside French-registered stock, and some Cartic 4s that had had the top deck removed, on Land Rover traffic to Southampton. 

• RMweb Premium

Another "modern" car in the n gauge range appears with the MGB Roadster. Produced 1962 - 1980 but got the big rubber bumpers in 1974. I think the hardtop MGB GT would have been better but the Roadster has been shrink rayed from the OO range.

Now that is an original idea. Thanks for the video.

Can we get a miniature version of Sheena Easton to go with the Bluebell preserved version? The coaches too.....

• Like 3

I watched all of 60 seconds of that.... not one of Bellshill's best exports...

A police constable mate of mine claims he took Sheena Easton's name for loitering and causing a rabble at Bellshill cross before she was famous.

Dave Franks.

• 2 weeks later...

And here was me wondering what RTR coaches I needed to cut up to model the various motorail services through carlisle in 1974. And with a Q1 2017 release, I don't even need to wait that long, excellent!

I shall await with great interest.

Regards

Matt

Has anybody thought this...Oxford make the Carflat, which is a MK1 Coach Chassis....

So, next COULD be a range of MK1 Coaches?????? ;)

Has anybody thought this...Oxford make the Carflat, which is a MK1 Coach Chassis....

So, next COULD be a range of MK1 Coaches?????? ;)

Look earlier in the thread - the coach chassis depicted is an ex-LMS 60 foot one. Diagram 1/088 included several different underframes, but only a few were Mk.1. (others were LNER 60' & 61.'6" and LMS 62'). Perhaps they're doing an LMS Stanier composite to complete the Hornby range!

Sheena Easton made a pop video singing from the running plate of the Bluebell's Radial Tank.

Now that would make for an original sound option!

https://vimeo.com/27937593

More like cruel and unusual punishment.....

Given the Victorian heritage of the Radial, perhaps she could have been filmed tied to the track with a caped, tophatted villain twirling his mustaches alongside?

Sidles off, whistling in an innocent manner.....

Edited by Hroth
  • Like 2

Sheena Easton made a pop video singing from the running plate of the Bluebell's Radial Tank.

Now that would make for an original sound option!

https://vimeo.com/27937593

Gosh that would have been my idea of heaven in the 1980s - driving a train and rubbing shoulders with Sheena Easton! You have made an old man very happy... :)

• 1 month later...

I thought that the Motorail Carflats in Blue were just ex-BR types. I've never seen an ex-LMS one in blue. Did they turn out many in blue? Paul Bartlett's site has plenty in bauxite which is how I remember them but I'd happily be proven wrong!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Those look stunning.....thanks for sharing Andy

Couplings a bit protrusive perhaps - NEM pockets but are they bogie mounted - or is there a close coupling mechanism?

Edit...Did wonder about those round buffers - would the end ramps go flat over them - but Paul Bartlett's site confirms they are correct for vehicles built on LMS chassis

http://paulbartlett.zenfolio.com/brmotorail/h26bd9bfa#h26bd9bfa

Phil

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Like 1