Broad gauge 4 and 6 wheeled coaches in 4mm

Baldwin30762

Hi all

One of the things that I like about the Irish railway scene is the use of 4 and 6 wheeled passenger stock, I have seen Colms idea of getting hold of some of those Thomas the tank based coaches and using the bodies as a fill up, but I was wondering if anyone else has used anything else to make a typical Irish 4/6wheeled coach in the past?

Regards

Colin R   

As far as 6wheel coaches go Worsley do about 6 GS&WR,and 5 DN&GR,ones.SSM do 4 GS&WR ones and Bill Bedford/Mousa do 3 B&CDR and a couple of NCC ones.I've built most of them and they run well in fact Valencia runs with nothing else.What is needed now is some MGWR ones(hint hint)I'm assuming its standard gauge ones you're after as Worsley does a good range of various narrow gauge ones,i've just finished 3 Donegal ones which take a bit of getting used to in black.Andy.

• Like 1

Hi Andy, If you have the drawings Allen said he will produce them, thanks of the heads up with all the different manufactures, I had forgotten so many people where doing Irish rolling stock.

All I need now is to confirm if anyone is producing what I would call the Irish broad gauge version of the Cavan and Letrim 4w wheel van.

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi see my posts, a six wheeled coach,on IRM site. Its from a photo of a D&SER coach in Des Coakhams book on Irish standard gauge coaches.All done from Hornby T. tank and a Palethorpes van!  Also lots of good info in the bi annual periodical New Irish Lines most of which have been digitised.

Mick

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

It has been a while since I updated this thread but I have taken a fancy to the Belfast and County Down Railway station at Downpatrick, not only is it a terminus but also a through station as well.

I might just try converting some of the Ratio GWR kits to build up a rake of these coaches to have to try out..

Edited by Baldwin30762