Rapido 0 gauge TEA tanker & Container flat

Roadrails

Hi I asked the question would they be prepared to make the Container flat and TEA tanker in 0?

They suggested I gauge demand...

Not sure how many VEA Heljan sold, these for the 60 would be great.

Please how many would people purchase?

Am hoping for honest answers, I know its price dependant they won't come cheap, perhaps a rake of 5 or 6 at this scale would be a site!

Hi I asked the question would they be prepared to make the Container flat and TEA tanker in 0?

They suggested I gauge demand...

Not sure how many VEA Heljan sold, these for the 60 would be great.

Please how many would people purchase?

Am hoping for honest answers, I know its price dependant they won't come cheap, perhaps a rake of 5 or 6 at this scale would be a site!

Aren't both currently available in kit form from different suppliers?

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I imagine the OP is looking at the VTG/EWS TEA in N and OO and the Tiphook PFA/KFA in N being manufactured by Rapido for Revolution trains,

I can see the sense in looking to maximise the return on R&D, licensing and research,.

The reason for the 4mm TEA model and in response to lots of requests at shows, we decided to produce the model in OO.

We have not had any requests for these models in O that I can recall; certainly no one at the DEMU Showcase exhibition we are at this weekend has asked for them in the larger scale,

Tooling in O is significantly more expensive than in N or OO so I think we would need to be convinced there is a viable market for those models, and while the TEAs certainly would be a perfect companion for the Heljan 60 the need to run them in trainload rakes may put off a lot of people.

Cheers

Ben A.

Archived