LokSound Micro V4.0 - Strange problem

akirkby

Hi,

I've just started working with the LokSound Micro V4.0 decoders in a number of Bemo RhB 4/4 III Locos. Whilst looking to change the volume of the sound the other day in one of the locos (Bemo___GLACIER_on_TOUR.xml) - Loco A, something appears to have happened to the directional headlights in that I now only get the single white light at the back of the loco but no headlights on the front. When changing direction I don't get any lights...

I have taken a snapshot of the decoder using decoder pro in order to compare the configuration of one loco with another that is working as expected (Ge_4_4_III__643___EMS.xml) - Loco B, reviewing the XML files from decoder pro doesn't highlight any difference in the two apart from the address. (Unfortunately I didn't get a snapshot before making the change as I didn't realise that decoder pro worked with the Z21... :-( )

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Many thanks,

Andrew

Bemo___GLACIER_on_TOUR.xml

Ge_4_4_III__643___EMS.xml

• RMweb Gold

Have you tried writing the working locos file to the one with an problem? Then if that works you just need to change the address.

Save 643's file then just write it to GoT ;) If that doesn't sort it, it might be a connection has come off somewhere.

At a guess, you changed something with the wrong index values set (CV31/32).  And that then changed the wrong thing.    If you know which volume setting you were adjusting, then you'll be able to narrow things down, as there are only four possible combinations of CV31/32 for each CV which actually change things.   And thus a bit of time with the manual and you'll find what you actually changed and it shouldn't be too long to change things back. 

Without knowledge of what changed, either a bit of time in the function mapping area (could be quite a bit of time), or try a factory reset on the decoder and then start again. 

I don't think you have all the CV's read in those JMRI files,  one seems a bit short, and the other has an awful lot of values at "zero" in the function mapping data. 

- Nigel

Thanks to you both I think I may have moved forward on this a little. As per your comments Nigel I realised that I had not read all the values from the decoder :scratchhead: so I went back and did a full read on both the working and none working locos. I'm now seeing something that makes a little more sense -

Working -

<varValue item="User ID #1 (0-255)" value="0" />
        <varValue item="User ID #2 (0-255)" value="0" />
        <varValue item="Headlight [1] Mode" value="1" />
        <varValue item="Function Switch On Delay" value="0" />
        <varValue item="Function Switch Off Delay" value="0" />

None Working -

<varValue item="User ID #1 (0-255)" value="0" />
        <varValue item="User ID #2 (0-255)" value="0" />
        <varValue item="Headlight [1] Mode" value="0" />
        <varValue item="Function Switch On Delay" value="0" />
        <varValue item="Function Switch Off Delay" value="0" />

After comparing the screens for the two locos in decoder pro I found the difference in settings on the Function Outputs tab. Headlight [1] Mode had got set to Disabled whilst on the working loco it was set to Dimmable headlight.

I'll try changing that value (no I have a full backup) and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help with this.

Andrew

Archived