City Goods/Rural Goods plus other Micro layouts in wrapping paper boxes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Posted this photo on the Rapido/ Model Rail J70 thread. thought I would share it here as well.

IMG_1339.jpeg.80f6e08302a7d5098048bd6143970db3.jpeg

Regards Paul.

Edited by Howl03
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, marc smith said:

Howl03 - any chance of an overhead view of the fiddle  / off-stage area? I'm intrigued :)

Me too !     

• RMweb Gold

Thank You Gentleman, So originally Rural Goods started of being able to fit into a really useful wrapping paper box, but I took the decision to extend it and create an integrated single track fiddle yard. I made the fiddle yard scenic with the back scene also continuing, so when viewed from the front it creates the illusion that the layout is bigger. Hope that makes sense, picture 1 overall shot of layout, picture 2 single track fiddle yard. I sometimes also use a Peco loco lift to change stock.

IMG_0420.jpeg.e0c00be23f62f74f829163da7deca51e.jpeg

IMG_1345.jpeg.76ffb840bfc6c921c27d603e9378324a.jpeg

Regards Paul.

Edited by Howl03
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

17 hours ago, Howl03 said:

fullsizeoutput_ad.jpeg.62c9c87344dcad3d7c0f1985e6895431.jpeg

Could you tell us the dimensions of this other wonderful layout ? Thanks.

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Howl03 said:

........I made the fiddle yard scenic with the back scene also continuing, so when viewed from the front it creates the illusion that the layout is bigger. Hope that makes sense.......

I sometimes also use a Peco loco lift to change stock.

Regards Paul.

Thanks for those photos Howl / Paul :)
I thought the arrangement would look something like your pics show - just wanted to know for sure
And yes, it does make sense - the extension of the backscene, the scenery (and ballasting helps too) is a good way of convincing the onlooker that there is more to the layout
I usually continue scenery and ballasting, weathering & weeds etc onto the offstage area - it helps hide the join between the two areas, and suggest that the rest of the world lies beyond.....

EDIT: The continuation of the backscene is also quite important here, as your view-blocker is that nice little goods shed, rather than a more commonplace bridge or tunnel mouth.

Edited by marc smith
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Longmire said:

Could you tell us the dimensions of this other wonderful layout ? Thanks.

Hi Longmire. The dimensions of the layout are 108cm x 23cm.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/03/2019 at 20:34, Howl03 said:

... I made the fiddle yard scenic with the back scene also continuing, so when viewed from the front it creates the illusion that the layout is bigger. ...

fullsizeoutput_ad.jpeg.62c9c87344dcad3d7c0f1985e6895431.jpeg

Regards Paul.

I think this is a marvellous arrangement. The fiddle yard is obscured well enough to constrain the view of the 'stage', but is accessible enough to use the layout at home. You can operate the layout from the front at home or at a show, but I guess you could connect another controller to operate from behind the layout at a show. The layout could sit fairly low at home, e.g. on a coffee table, and go a bit higher at a show e.g. on an ironing board? And if need be store on end in its wrapping paper box.

I wonder if you are taking it to shows?

- Richard.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 47137 said:

I think this is a marvellous arrangement. The fiddle yard is obscured well enough to constrain the view of the 'stage', but is accessible enough to use the layout at home. You can operate the layout from the front at home or at a show, but I guess you could connect another controller to operate from behind the layout at a show. The layout could sit fairly low at home, e.g. on a coffee table, and go a bit higher at a show e.g. on an ironing board? And if need be store on end in its wrapping paper box.

I wonder if you are taking it to shows?

- Richard.

Thank you Richard. Unfortunately at the moment I work every weekend so shows are a bit tricky. I have never exhibited any of my layouts but its definitely something I would love to do at some point.

Regards Paul.

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 19/05/2019 at 21:08, 1722 said:

Any additions to any of these cracking little layouts, Paul? 

Hi 1722, No I have not had chance to do much modelling recently, will hopefully find some time soon, have always got plenty of ideas for my next micro.

In the mean time here are some photos I took a while back don't think I've shared them already. 

IMG_1353.jpeg.e72fee8ee4a31f873abacf35575cc787.jpeg

IMG_1355.jpeg.92f896de83a8bcddc122e9863b078a14.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg.e3c58acf5be12b902e6ef6f780c49522.jpeg

Regards Paul.

Edited by Howl03
  • Like 8

• 4 months later...

Hi Paul, a really great collection of clips in that video. Somehow I’d forgotten the Ikea crate and one of the urban goods pair, despite them both being fantastic little scenes like the rest. The video shows the continuity of your style as well which I really like. Looking forward to more!

Adam

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, LGDB said:

Wonderful layouts. Do you mind if I borrow some ideas from your great City Goods layout ? Thanks.

Thank you. Please feel free, out of all the layouts I have built City Goods is probably my favourite.

Regards Paul.

• Like 1