City Goods/Rural Goods plus other Micro layouts in wrapping paper boxes.

• RMweb Gold

Thank you to everyone who has liked and left comments. A few more photos taken today will also upload a new video later.

IMG_0519.jpeg.fb962b4140c5763ede7077de40534028.jpeg

IMG_0520.jpeg.44b3d88317254e9d3886205cbe1e4718.jpeg

IMG_0521.jpeg.1029a65baff0b385cf603fa70d9de5fc.jpeg

post-25708-0-24791600-1519395006_thumb.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Regards Paul.

Edited by Howl03
  • Like 7

• RMweb Gold
On 23/02/2018 at 14:13, luke the train spotter said:

Cant wait. Nice colours there. Do you have a lighting bar?

Thank you Luke. The layout is lit by a strip of LED lights from Ikea.

Regards Paul.

Edited by Howl03

Those lights in city goods are oozing with atmosphere. That American southern tank loco suits both layouts very nicely. Would it be possible to build an in between layout that could join city goods and rural goods because you seem to use the same stock on both layouts apart from the railbus.

• RMweb Gold

Those lights in city goods are oozing with atmosphere. That American southern tank loco suits both layouts very nicely. Would it be possible to build an in between layout that could join city goods and rural goods because you seem to use the same stock on both layouts apart from the railbus.

Thank you Luke. That is something I’m thinking about. And because I extended Rural Goods, I do have a spare really useful storage box just waiting for a new micro. Was pondering a small rural station. Maybe.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold
On 27/02/2018 at 19:13, cklammer said:

Hello Paul,

maybe some sort of intermediate transitional segment to connect Rural Goods to City Goods and run them point-to-point?

Thus three micro layouts doth one small make ... :blum::senile:

Best Regards,

Christian

That’s not a bad idea Christian. Although my preference is to build self contained micro layouts. But it would be fun to run the two layouts point to point. More pondering.

Meanwhile here’s some more photos.

post-25708-0-36382500-1519763421_thumb.jpeg

IMG_0588.jpeg.b6b245a9cbc99a19fd4924e30f6cea9d.jpeg

IMG_0591.jpeg.ac897b7fd00c1c85b3ba47bb32b60cae.jpeg

Regards Paul.

Edited by Howl03
  • Like 10

That’s not a bad idea Christian. Although my preference is to build self contained micro layouts. But it would be fun to run the two layouts point to point. More pondering.

Meanwhile here’s some more photos.

C14D7666-01A6-480F-9F42-B94CAC4453F7.jpeg 87AF22A6-A5AD-4438-903D-58D50EE343E8.jpeg 43F35CA9-589F-4471-9F4D-87368CCF1903.jpeg BC748D9B-FD98-4C31-B31C-AD805F176496.jpeg F8EA25EA-7EEB-4056-AFCC-0F790404A4FC.jpeg

Regards Paul.

Really nice. All these small locos really suit the layout.

I'm planning a layout based on a real location just now, Paul, which is turning out to be larger than I would like. Your micro layouts are very tempting...I like the idea of linking a few scenarios within a limited space.

Enjoying this thread very much. Thank you.

Edited by Marly51

• RMweb Gold

Really nice. All these small locos really suit the layout.

Thank you Luke. I do have a bit of an addiction to small locos, steam and diesel.

I'm planning a layout based on a real location just now, Paul, which is turning out to be larger than I would like. Your micro layouts are very tempting...I like the idea of linking a few scenarios within a limited space.

Enjoying this thread very much. Thank you.

Thank you Marly51. When I first got into model Railways about 10 years ago my plan was to build one large layout. But after the birth of my two children space in the house for a large layout was a no no. So I started building micro layouts. I’ve built quite a few over the years. The first few were pretty hopeless but I’ve probably learned far more from building micro layouts than I would have from building one large one. I also tend to keep the location and time frame of my layouts quite vague, that way I can swap stock and figures around.

Saying that though I do admire some of the larger layouts on here that stick to a particular location and time frame.

Regards Paul.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This just gets better and better, very nice and very well done.

Jerry.

Thank you Jerry. I do enjoy painting these figures I feel they bring the layout to life.

Regards Paul.

• RMweb Gold

They suit the layout very well. Good painting too - not too bright and they really fit into the scene

Thank you Luke. I use Games Workshops paint for the figures. I start with a black undercoat then build the colours up.

Regards Paul.

Hi Paul!

Excellent work! I really like the pictures and videos of your two micro layouts.

"Rural Goods" has a very beautiful atmosphere.

I usually like hand-painted backscenes, but this one fits perfectly! Everything is very coherent.

It was a good decision to put the whole thing in a showcase.

Regards, Thomas

What a brilliant layout. What is the overall size of the layout now Paul. I did start to build a layout like City Goods but soon got board just shutting using one point but this layout seems to give some scope for a lot more action.

Cheers and well done

Johna