Stainsacre

Guest Blackdog

Guest Blackdog

Although I have been a RMWebber since the last few weeks of version 1, I have never had the courage before to actually have a layout thread:

Takes deep breath and jumps in.

Although I have built some small projects before (a couple of snaps have been uploaded into my gallery) I have never really had a normal (what is normal!) layout.

I now find myself with a 12’ lean-to shed and I have started a shelf layout circumnavigating the place above the workbench with the main aim to have something simple at allow trains to stretch their legs.

It is a freelance freight line, set in the Railfreight era, with a passing loop and a private siding to give a bit of variation.

Being only 5’ wide there is not a lot of room to manoeuvre so the middle section of the scenic side is only 1’ wide, and the non scenic side is a mere 7†wide.

To get us started, here is the left end of the main board with the private siding running off and the start of the passing loop. There will be a signal box to go in there eventually.

The fiddleyard side contains 3 roads accessible from both ends.

Although I have been a RMWebber since the last few weeks of version 1, I have never had the courage before to actually have a layout thread:

Takes deep breath and jumps in.

Although I have built some small projects before (a couple of snaps have been uploaded into my gallery) I have never really had a normal (what is normal!) layout.

I now find myself with a 12’ lean-to shed and I have started a shelf layout circumnavigating the place above the workbench with the main aim to have something simple at allow trains to stretch their legs.

It is a freelance freight line, set in the Railfreight era, with a passing loop and a private siding to give a bit of variation.

Being only 5’ wide there is not a lot of room to manoeuvre so the middle section of the scenic side is only 1’ wide, and the non scenic side is a mere 7†wide.

To get us started, here is the left end of the main board with the private siding running off and the start of the passing loop. There will be a signal box to go in there eventually.

The fiddleyard side contains 3 roads accessible from both ends.

hi

it looks like it will be a good flowing seanic layouticon_thumbsup2.gif

keep us posted

Archived