Welcome to the group.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to Andy for setting up this new group.

My thoughts are that it will be used for generic prototype and modelling aspects and questions of the railways in the country of Spain, members with specific threads on their layouts/modelling activities could post links here?

Expats, residents and foreigners are all welcome!

Any further suggestions or ideas most welcome.

Mike.

• Like 5

Thanks for getting the group set up Mike (and Pete) and Mr York too.

One question though.

How do you go about moving a thread from say overseas prototype to this new Spanish group.

Is it something for the moderators or can the person who started the thread do it themselves?

I'm thinking specifically about the "Class 58s in Spain" thread.

Thanks for getting the group set up Mike (and Pete) and Mr York too.

One question though.

How do you go about moving a thread from say overseas prototype to this new Spanish group.

Is it something for the moderators or can the person who started the thread do it themselves?

I'm thinking specifically about the "Class 58s in Spain" thread.

If you click on the report button beneath a post in the topic and ask me to move it I can sort it for you.

Oh! I couldn't find it either. Late to the party as always... Just a quick pointless post so that it pops up on my "New Content". I might actually have something to contribute one day...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there, I am an Spanish/Catalan expat living in Hampshire. I've recently aquired a really tough guy: a Serie 251 from Renfe. Nowadays I am just "playing" with a couple of Hornby starter sets with my 7 years old son. I'll send you a picture of the Spanish beast once I have a decent layout for her to take a good picture.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi all,

This is probably the wrong place to put my first post but as I model Spanish N gauge just thought I'd say hola.

Have looked through some of the posts and some lovely pics.

Will be reading more.

First question as new to this Forum, do you post Spanish layout pics here or somewhere else?

Apologies if obvious but am new and normally under the influence of Rioja.

Hope to work my round everything and get chatting soon.

Salud weave.

Hi weave and welcome.

I wondered where to put my Spanish layout topic, and ended up settling on the Overseas Modelling section. As that's for everything non-UK, it can get a bit busy in there. If you do start a topic there, be sure to come back here and add a link. I'm not sure if Railways of Spain is purely for prototype discussion? Maybe someone could confirm.

• 9 months later...

Hello everyone and thank you for accepting me on the forum. I am French, I live in the south of France, 50 km south of Toulouse near the Pyrenees. I work at SNCF and I am passionate about railways, model railways and Spain (My Spanish origins resurface). I propose you to present my layout in a new subject. Thanks to the forum and see you soon. Stephane.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello all, 

I am a Dutch expat living close to Barcelona Spain. I currently have no layout, though I still have my childhood transet and always checking eBay for interesting bargains. I have 0 experience in setting up a lay out and don't really know where to begin. In a few months time, if all goes well, I will have a room of around 4x3m available to setup something simple to enjoy. I am still doubting between a british 00 layout or a german oriented H0 layout / or perhaps N scale?

I was wondering if there are any railway modelers in the Barcelona area that would offer me a peak at their layout and could help me going a bit?

Also, does anybody know where to get british or german railway modeling magazines in or near Barcelona?

Ruud

Edited by Ruud109
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi Ruud, 

Have a look on www.forotrenes.com  and you will get better idea of whats going on in Barcelona in terms of exhibitions/meetings/modellers etc, or ask at one of the shops.........

Most of the shops will have German models and maybe magazines, but why not model Spanish Railways?

Edited by ellocoloco
spelling

Thanks! I will take a look there. Actually, and to be more specific, I would like to see a british 00 lay out in the flesh. I just love the english scenery, and the diesels of the era but never seen a 00 lay out for real, so was wondering if there are any in or near Barna.

• RMweb Premium
On 08/11/2019 at 21:18, Ruud109 said:

Hello all, 

I am a Dutch expat living close to Barcelona Spain. I currently have no layout, though I still have my childhood transet and always checking eBay for interesting bargains. I have 0 experience in setting up a lay out and don't really know where to begin. In a few months time, if all goes well, I will have a room of around 4x3m available to setup something simple to enjoy. I am still doubting between a british 00 layout or a german oriented H0 layout / or perhaps N scale?

I was wondering if there are any railway modelers in the Barcelona area that would offer me a peak at their layout and could help me going a bit?

Also, does anybody know where to get british or german railway modeling magazines in or near Barcelona?

Ruud

welcome @Ruud109 to RMWeb.

My advice would be to stick with what you know, or what you understand. If you have always followed a particular railway, stick with that initially. As for gauge, that might come down to the practicalities of size and your wallet! N gauge would be good, but for me it’s too small. O gauge would be great, but you would need deep pockets and in the space you have, could be limiting.

As for specific magazines, I would suggest getting some digital copies to whet your appetite. For British outline, I would suggest BRM or Model Rail.

I guess there are model shops around the Barcelona area, try a google search and pop in and talk to them.

Good luck with the project, please share your progress on here.

• Like 1