Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Dave Hewitt

michaelp

• RMweb Gold

Very sad to hear. He was a regular trader on the northern exhibition circuit and exhibitor too.

Condolences to his family.

Just found out about Dave Hewitt and I would like to offer my condolences to Elaine, their family and friends. I always enjoyed visiting the stand and chatting about the models. I made many purchases too because the models were so good.

Dave was a good friend to me, we would often talk about his and Elaine's trips to America, I loved his stand and usa Layouts, He was also the guy that made sense to me and convinced me to quit being a model railway retailer after rolling and smashing the car on the way to the Perth show on the A74M, Dave will be missed immensely by myself and my older kids Louise and Dominick, my thoughts are with Elaine and family

SGJ 

• RMweb Gold

Not forgetting that Elaine painted most of the models they offered finished which Dave attributed a lot of their sales to when I chatted with him. It was very much a team effort on the modelling and sales and a pleasure to buy from. I'm so glad I picked up a big goody bag from them at Warley last year and two of my layouts feature several small huts and animals :)

Just heard about Daves passing. Condolences to Elaine and all the family he was a top bloke. Will never forget the margarine tub of resin bits they brought along to the ponte show. This was the birth of unit models. Long will his memory live on where it matters most on our layouts. RIP

Richard.

• RMweb Premium

Likewise just seen the sad news about Dave Hewitt

A regular trader at our Stafford Exhibition for many years.

He will be greatly missed around the exhibitions, a great guy and modeller.

Condolences to all the family

Terry

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived