Vectron,

duff man

Hi

I would like to ask, has anyone got any views on the Piko vectron?. I have a jagerndorfer version on order however I have been informed that it's delivery has been delayed until mid 2017. So I have been looking at the Piko sound version. Any views from personal experience would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Craig.

Hello Craig,

A good friend has a Piko MRCE version fitted with a tuned ESU decoder* - it runs great, pulls well and is nicely detailed.

Apparently, if you can be bothered, you can make a small physical change to improve the running further, replace the original 2 start worm on each bogie gear tower, with a Roco single start worm. Again, apparently, this improves the slow speed starting further but my mates tuned loco is really good.

One is on my shopping list!

Cheers,

John.

*Something to do with CV53 or 54, sorry can't remember all the details but entering a certain value in this will tell the decoder to 'fine tune' itself to the actual motor it is driving, my mate swears by it!

Hello Craig,

A good friend has a Piko MRCE version fitted with a tuned ESU decoder* - it runs great, pulls well and is nicely detailed.

Apparently, if you can be bothered, you can make a small physical change to improve the running further, replace the original 2 start worm on each bogie gear tower, with a Roco single start worm. Again, apparently, this improves the slow speed starting further but my mates tuned loco is really good.

One is on my shopping list!

Cheers,

John.

*Something to do with CV53 or 54, sorry can't remember all the details but entering a certain value in this will tell the decoder to 'fine tune' itself to the actual motor it is driving, my mate swears by it!

Many thanks for your reply.

Based on this I think its time to go shopping. Also thanks for the fine tune info.

Craig.

Set CV54 to '0' (zero). Place loco on at least two feet of track and then press F1 on your controller.  Loco leaps forward a few inches and then stops by switching on the actual F1 setting. Mine uses the engine noise.  Re-setting can be done again and again if you are entering the 'dark arts' of sound settings via the LokProgrammer !  You have then 'matched' the motor to the chip....allegedly !!

Archived