Moorswater

It is rumoured that traffic will resume to Moorswater on 28th June 2016. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I thought it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to this traffic as it is likely to attract a lot of attention. We haven't seen any traffic on the line beyond Coombe Junction for a few years now. I hope the weedkiller has been down there!

It is rumoured that traffic will resume to Moorswater on 28th June 2016. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I thought it might be useful to have a thread dedicated to this traffic as it is likely to attract a lot of attention. We haven't seen any traffic on the line beyond Coombe Junction for a few years now. I hope the weedkiller has been down there!

There is a path from Aberthaw for the above date (real time trains), under the Tarmac reorganisation which FOC has the traffic from Aberthaw?

Mark Saunders 

I've often thought about making a small model of Moorswater Shed as a starter project, as it really is quite nice!

Kind regards,

Nick.

Hey Nick, don't forget Horrabridge!  Actually Moorswater and the Looe line is a layout in itself, especially if you back date it.  Industry at one end and quay sidings at the other with a main line connection.  If you go back far enough, you could run up to Caradon!.  In its basic form, the next best thing to Wenford Bridge or todays contemporary version.

Brian.

• Like 3

I am hearing this may be a trial run ahead of the real thing starting in July. Given that the line to Moorswater has not been used for freight for several years this might be the case. I am assured that DB Cargo are not running the train but my contact could not advise who was. i have not seen any return paths yet from Moorswater.

• RMweb Gold

I am assured that DB Cargo are not running the train but my contact could not advise who was. i have not seen any return paths yet from Moorswater.

My (former) colleague told me it was Colas Rail, the other day (see post above).

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

My (former) colleague told me it was Colas Rail, the other day (see post above).

Does this mean we may be seeing Big Jim west of the Tamar!

Hi Kev, I was just going to write come on down and then I realised, I don't live there any more and woke up!  Seriously, a great atmospheric picture and a lesson in grungy sidings.  I still don't know what's around the bend by the dries though

Brian..

Here's a link to the relevant Google Earth page:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Moorswater,+Liskeard,+Cornwall/@50.4518461,-4.4880453,305m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x486c83190a7456b7:0x59dd87760572082!8m2!3d50.4516325!4d-4.4858531?hl=en

There seems to be a bulk cement tank, and a bogie van, half-hidden by the canopy on the left-hand building, whilst some road tankers are stood at the northern end of the site.

I loved the caption that pops up when you search for 'Moorswater'; 'Moorswater, an industrial suburb of Liskeard'. I didn't think Liskeard was big enough to have suburbs.

Edited by Fat Controller