Moorswater

There's not much to it, so why are little branch lines  like this so interesting?  'Main' line to Looe which connects to the real main line or perhaps associated historically with

the Looe and Caradon Ry?

Brian.

Good to hear that the run round facilities at Liskeard are being used again.

Have they repaired the points leading to one of the Yard sidings at Liskeard, Craig, which someone mentioned a while back had been temporarily taken out of use or had the crossing nose replaced with plain line?

Hi Tim,

We've been told that the choice to run around at Liskeard was only based on how long the train was, rather than any rules as whether they can be used or not.

The points in the yard are not being replaced, they have gone through network change to allow them to be permernantly kept as they are now.

Simon

• RMweb Gold

The points in the yard are not being replaced, they have gone through network change to allow them to be permernantly kept as they are now.

I'm wondering exactly which set of points this is. If it's one of the ends of the very short loop, then that's something I agreed could go through Network Change about 18 months ago. This would turn the short loop into a short siding, which would be used for tampers.

The whole point was to keep the other short siding available for when the steam railmotor returns, or indeed something else of a heritage and steam nature. Various things were discussed over the last 5 years, but nothing came of it, so far.

Do you know which set of points it is, Simon?

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering exactly which set of points this is. If it's one of the ends of the very short loop, then that's something I agreed could go through Network Change about 18 months ago. This would turn the short loop into a short siding, which would be used for tampers.

The whole point was to keep the other short siding available for when the steam railmotor returns, or indeed something else of a heritage and steam nature. Various things were discussed over the last 5 years, but nothing came of it, so far.

Do you know which set of points it is, Simon?

It's the set of points that leads into the loop if coming off the branch, which also renders the straight tamper spur (that was relaid not very long ago??) out of use. If this is to be removed it would just leave one siding in the yard (the loop) accessible from the mainline end.

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...