Moorswater

................................hopefully there will be more trains on this service.  Perhaps business will be good for the future!

Brian.

Steady on!  As good as it is to see the rail traffic, this is Cornwall - it's only a small place; we don't want too much cement or the whole county will be concreted over.

I can remember the great Nigerian cement scandal in 1975 where, due to enthusiastic 'over ordering'  250 ships with 1.5million tons of the stuff clogged up Lagos harbour.

..Perhaps I'm worrying a bit unnecessarily at the moment.

Steve W

• RMweb Gold

Steady on!  As good as it is to see the rail traffic, this is Cornwall - it's only a small place; we don't want too much cement or the whole county will be concreted over.

I can remember the great Nigerian cement scandal in 1975 where, due to enthusiastic 'over ordering'  250 ships with 1.5million tons of the stuff clogged up Lagos harbour.

..Perhaps I'm worrying a bit unnecessarily at the moment.

Steve W

If you're interested I have some cement in an offshore island that I can release to you, just forward $25,000,000 and a copy of Razzle to..........

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Some pictures of today's 6C35 which ran late due to overunning possession at Barry. 70807.

Those road markings on the first picture are rather close to the line. If you stopped at them the front of your vehicle would be very close to the passing train.

• RMweb Gold

Those road markings on the first picture are rather close to the line. If you stopped at them the front of your vehicle would be very close to the passing train.

Yes, I've noticed that in previous pictures!

Also how the telephoto distorts the track alignment... ;)

quote name="Ramblin Rich" post="2619135" timestamp="1487194376"]
Yes, I've noticed that in previous pictures!
Also how the telephoto distorts the track alignment... ;)

At least, we hope that's the reason! :scared:

Thanks for the pictures.

Brian.

Edited by brianusa
  • Like 1

The trackwork at Moorswater is actually quite uneven, noticable without the telephoto effect. I noted some replacement rails that have arrived on site so maybe some work is planned. Yesterdays load was 18 (918 tonnes?) of which 16 fit in the loop so it does create a bit of shunting around. 16 were propelled in then the last 2 which were then grouped into the two sidings in the depot. This all took well over an hour as a problem occurred with one of the wagons (presumably brakes). The engine stables overnight..I believe in Liskeard yard as its an overnighter from Westbury? Its all very leisurely. The road crossing has a constant flow of traffic surprisingly as it is a bit of a rat run in the area.

• Like 2

The trackwork at Moorswater is actually quite uneven, noticable without the telephoto effect. I noted some replacement rails that have arrived on site so maybe some work is planned. Yesterdays load was 18 (918 tonnes?) of which 16 fit in the loop so it does create a bit of shunting around. 16 were propelled in then the last 2 which were then grouped into the two sidings in the depot. This all took well over an hour as a problem occurred with one of the wagons (presumably brakes). The engine stables overnight..I believe in Liskeard yard as its an overnighter from Westbury? Its all very leisurely. The road crossing has a constant flow of traffic surprisingly as it is a bit of a rat run in the area.

Engine spends the night at Moorswater now. On the very first run it ran back up and stabled in Liskeard Yard but a couple days after that happened the frog of the point to the yard was removed so is unusable....

Edited by nat37670

• RMweb Gold

One is tempted to ask why the frog was not replaced!  I know the Cornish are a law abiding lot but a locomotive stored out in the open in a rural spot might be a great temptation.

Brian.

Engine spends the night at Moorswater now. On the very first run it ran back up and stabled in Liskeard Yard but a couple days after that happened the frog of the point to the yard was removed so is unusable....

Of course it was.

That's how the track engineering fraternity at Swindon interpret 'customer service'. I doubt that there will be much urgency to put it back, although if I'd been still working, I would have been giving them an extremely hard time over it.

Of course it was.

That's how the track engineering fraternity at Swindon interpret 'customer service'. I doubt that there will be much urgency to put it back, although if I'd been still working, I would have been giving them an extremely hard time over it.

Don't let this retirement thing stop you from doing what you want to do.

Give them a hard time, it will probably take them a week to remember you're no longer on the live payroll and have fixed the issue.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

Finally found a good image reducing bit of software. Here are some recent Moorswater shots. The Glynn Valley shots are likely to be the exception in the future as run round activities are now undertaken at Liskeard. 

70812 Bolitho

post-2613-0-38586800-1496578489_thumb.jpg

The down working seen at Penkestle woods 

post-2613-0-09261000-1496578498_thumb.jpg

Draw wood near Largin - the Up working back to Aberthaw. 

post-2613-0-49630100-1496578510_thumb.jpg

post-2613-0-38586800-1496578489_thumb.jpg

post-2613-0-09261000-1496578498_thumb.jpg

post-2613-0-49630100-1496578510_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Good to hear that the run round facilities at Liskeard are being used again.

Have they repaired the points leading to one of the Yard sidings at Liskeard, Craig, which someone mentioned a while back had been temporarily taken out of use or had the crossing nose replaced with plain line?

• 2 months later...