************* Presents?

dasatcopthorne

Massive Model Railway Show steams into town.

You’re invited to make tracks to a model railway show in Maidstone on Saturday 1st April 2017.
The event is being held 10am - 4.30pm at Loose Primary School, Loose Rd, Maidstone, Kent, ME15 9UW.
Up to 15 model railway layouts, along with a number of trade stands, will be on show in a variety of scales from tiny Z gauge to O Gauge....
The exhibition is being supported by clubs and modellers from around the South East, with layouts including:
East Dunnet, a cider farm in Somerset.
Ville a la Campagne, a quiet French country town.
Summer Spring on the New Cut, set on the Norfolk broads, amazing!
Cement Works, an industrial scene of a cement works.
There’s free parking on-site at the school. There is a small admission.

Contact number & pricing appear to be the same as those organised by DD

Edited by Deltic

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, adrianmc said:

According to ukmodelshops the Witham Exhibition is being organised by the Mid Kent Model Railway Group.

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/24659-MidKentModelRailwayGroup_Exhibition

IIRC Dakota had a habit of creating club names to make them sound like they'd been organised by one.

UKModelshops is down and the only references to Mid Kent Model Railway Group on Google point to other shows by Dakota using this club name.

Link here in the RmWeb archive from Dakota himself to a show at Maidstone

6 hours ago, woodenhead said:

IIRC Dakota had a habit of creating club names to make them sound like they'd been organised by one.

UKModelshops is down and the only references to Mid Kent Model Railway Group on Google point to other shows by Dakota using this club name.

Link here in the RmWeb archive from Dakota himself to a show at Maidstone

Here we go again.

He seems to have forgotten that his last Mid Kent thingy was Mid Kent Model Railway Club not Group.

Why would a Mid Kent anything organise a show in Witham?

Dave.

I will check the link - it came up via a Facebook feed, and it was in the name of the recognised local paper

Dakota Dibben show at Witham - revised link

and here is a later RMWeb thread on his promotions https://www.rmweb.co.uk/topic/134378-arundel-exhibition/

I take "Mid Kent Model Railway Group" to be "Dakota and his regular mates"

I don't think there's a lot else going on in the area, exhibition-wise , at this time of year so he's not likely to be taking the bread out of anyone's mouth (whether or not the bread has been prepared to proper hygene standards)

I don't think his mother still recycles paper cups.  I think the Group may just be the Dibben family.  As a local councillor, he has to declare all fiduciary interests.  On the Gravesham website, there is a mis-spelled document declaring he trades in second hand model railways but no mention of exhibitions.  Bill

If you look on ukmodelshops for 18 March, you will see that the North Downs Model Railway Circle is putting on an exhibition in Tadworth.  This is nothing to do with Dibben.  The exhibition is run by Stuart Robinson with the surplus given to charities.  Stuart is a lovely guy albeit not the most organised of managers, so only  worth the travel if you are local.  I have exhibited a layout with him and it is very much find your own tables, chairs and a socket that doesn't have a dozen layouts already plugged in.  Bill

I'm pleased that this has reactivated as my interest was raised by the heading in our local newspaper/web site about an exhibition in Witham. This will be the first local show I could attend post covid. However bells started to ring as he seems to have resumed using the same press release as pre Covidcand I also recaled this thread.

With 15 layouts present, no traders listed and I have seem both of the named layouts I think Mr Dibbens will not be getting my £5 I will head in the opposite direction to both of my LMS's who need the custom more than Mr D does.

Roll on the Bury St Edmunds show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Interestingly now that the Witham show date has passed, the entry on ukmodelshops now has it listed as being run by Dakota Dibben Exhibitions.

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/24659-DakotaDibbenExhibitions_Exhibition

the old link still works

https://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/event/24659-MidKentModelRailwayGroup_Exhibition

From a leaflet picked up at the weekend there is to be an Isle of Purbeck Model Railway Exhibition on the 12th/13th of August.

No information on who is organising the show except that the mobile number to ring for more information is Dakota's.

• RMweb Premium
On 30/01/2023 at 11:20, adrianmc said:

From a leaflet picked up at the weekend there is to be an Isle of Purbeck Model Railway Exhibition on the 12th/13th of August.

No information on who is organising the show except that the mobile number to ring for more information is Dakota's.

Spreading his wings a bit further afield?  Or maybe he's on holiday in Dorset that weekend.

• 4 months later...

He's back .....

Dakota Dibben Exhibitions  - Isle of Purbeck Model Railway Exhibition

Sat 12th - Sun 13th August 2023

Harmans Cross Village Hall, Haycrafts Lane, Harmans Cross, Swanage, Dorset BH19 3EB

OPENING TIMES:  SAT 10am-5pm SUN 10am-4pm
ADMISSION:  Adults £5.00    Children £2.00  Family £12.00 

List of Layouts Attending :

Shaftesbury Parkway - N; Dorbury North - N; Wickhambreux RD - OO9; Penworth - N
Feldspar - N; Two Ends - OO; Atherfield - OO; Craig-Yn-Hesg - OO9
Crib Lane - G; Kinmundy - OO; Sodham Hall - O9; Plus Others.

Taking a profit from an exhibition is no different from Warner's, albeit on a much smaller scale.  However all attendees may wish to confirm that Dibben has actually taken out exhibition insurance (is does tend to slip his mind), and exhibitors should ensure they have a watertight contract for the payment of expenses (he does try and fob you off with 50% of expenses) and that you are paid before 4pm on Sunday because otherwise Dibben is "out of the door".