Blue Models on Shapeways

Edge

Pleased to be able to say that all of the dolgoch parts are no longer ‘first to print’ in at least one of their materials. This means that all of the parts have passed their manual checks with Shapeways and can be processed much faster than before.

Also happy to reveal on here the newest model that I’ve created - the WHR ‘Gowrie’.

OFxDwqF.png

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XETTH5CCA/whr-fairlie-locomotive-gowrie?optionId=64511550

Designed to fit on the minitrix 2-6-2 or 2-6-0 chassis, it can be adapted to accept others instead. The loco is designed to be printed in one part and will simply drop in place.

I’m rather proud of ‘Gowrie’, and it’s caused me to look at my earlier models for River Irt again. I can’t say that I’m happy with them any more, so back to the drawing board we go :)

Please watch this space as there should be a lot of stuff coming from the store in the not too distant future :)

And once again, thank you for everyone who has ordered items from me. I’m immensely grateful :)

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

Yes, it was. The chassis alterations are similar to the old Chivers kit in that the front and rear pony trucks are removed, then placed in a separate bogie (working on it, to be available shortly) which then follows the now 0-6-0 main chassis, turning the engine into a 0-6-4.

Edited by Edge

I don’t have the skills to offer an etched chassis for the model at the moment.

Monitrix chassis are dwindling in number, yes as theblocos have been out of production for some years. However, they are the basis of a huge number of 009 conversions and the narrow gauge modelling world is intimately familiar with them. Considering this, and the still reasonable availability of the items (as well as a couple of alternatives) I considered this the best design choice to make, for the near future at least

I do have hopes to produce my own chassis for the loco, but not for some time

Guest Midland Mole @ Footplate

I have taken delivery of the Rheneas to Dolgoch 1950s kit today and must say I am very impressed with it. Well done for producing such a good looking little kit, the fine detail is excellent.

post-31829-0-23213100-1516123419_thumb.jpg

Alex

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having finally got my hands on the bits and pieces that I needed, I’m delighted to be able to show you all the fruits of my efforts when they have been produced ‘in the flesh’ so to speak.

First of all there is ’Gowrie’. A kit that I am extremely proud of (it’s considerably better than my original ‘River Irt’ kit) and comes straight out of the box ready to put on a chassis:

9yaT7sh.jpg

The main weight of the body actually rests forward of the centre line, over the main driving wheels. As such, at least for my purposes, the engine will be fine as an 0-6-0 mechanically with a dummy rear bogie which won’t actually contact the rails.

This kit has been designed to be as adaptable as possible, and is probably best described as an aide to scratch building rather than a fully fledged complete model kit. Still, it should be able to work on a variety of chassis.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/XETTH5CCA/whr-fairlie-locomotive-gowrie?optionId=64511550

I’m also extremely happy with the bits for Rheneas that I have finally been able to add on now:

onuKiEN.jpg

06bTUNJ.jpg

Adding a few bits and pieces on to turn the engine into a realistic model. In this case, she’s going to be a freelance NCB industrial engine, although everything I’ve made is based on Dolgoch on the TR and should be a fair representation.

The bits illustrated here are all from the file below:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/PM8KNEV2X/rheneas-to-dolgoch-conversion-set-009?optionId=64461295

But there are plenty more bits and pieces on my shop which could well fit a whole variety of locomotives.

Well that’s it for this update, I thought you might well appreciate actually seeing some of the bits and pieces before you buy.

As always, thank you all for your kind words and for buying these bits in such great numbers, I’m truly thankful to you all. If anyone has any questions, please PM me and I’ll be only too happy to answer.

By the way, if my modelling is of any interest I should be setting up a workbench thread soon which should detail my somewhat humble modelling efforts

Edited by Edge
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

And a new addition to the range:

w6ijen9.png

WHR Beddegelert. Engine is as hollow as possible to allow for the widest possible range of chassis to be used.a far simpler build for me than ‘Gowrie’, but I’m still very pleased with the final result. Once again though, it may be more accurate to describe the engine as a scratch build aid.

direct link:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/3SPM3V7GB/009-whr-loco-beddegelert?optionId=65058068

likely to be my last 009 engine for a little while - I have lots of ideas, but they all need some work and are focussed on other scales. Keep your eyes peeled though :)

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

As a little aside, does anyone have any pictures of Talyllyn and Dolgoch in their original cabless forms? I rather fancy giving that a go, but I can only find a side in etching from the fletcher-Jennings catalogue which isn’t enough really :S

• 1 month later...

New product for sale on my shapeways shop - Bruce Peebles / Ganz PB&SSR electric locomotives. Although the engines never ran in real life, they are a popular source of interest for WHR modellers and so I thought that there would be a few people who might want to have one running about on their layout as a sort of curiosity.

R99nuPP.png

https://www.shapeways.com/product/P4EE7CR2R/pb-ssr-electric-box-cab-loco

The engine has been designed to simply drop on to the Kato 11-104 chassis and I've also run up three different types of pantograph for the engine, which are also now available in my shop.

Hope you are all enjoying my designs and I'd just like to say thank you again to all of you who buy them.

As always, please ask any questions you like, on here or by PM - I'll be happy to be of help

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi there guys,

I've been busy with a great deal of stuff over the past few weeks, not the least of which was losing my job and having a tooth filling go seriously wrong on the same day :).

However, I have a few bits and pieces on the way for my shapeways shop that I'd like to share with you.

First off, my first O9 locomotive kit - a heywood 0-6-0 which can be used to represent 'Ella', 'Shelagh' or 'Ursula'

Ds4IeK8.png

Kit is available at this link

The kits comes as one piece and is designed to drop stright on to a graham farish 08 outside framed chassis.Valve gear and cylinder arrangements are left to the preference of the individual buyer

My second kit is another resident of the R&ER - the ICL no.1 'Bunny'

yjw76xY.png

Available at this link.

I've designed the loco to have the maximum amount of internal space possible, to allow for scratch build detail and the widest variety of possible donor chassis.

That's all for this update (there is now a Warhammer section of the shop, but I doubt that that will be of interest to a great many of you) but I do hope to have another loco and several items of rolling stock finished off in the not too distant future. I've also been working on a big project which could be exceptionally useful for a great many modellers.

As always ideas/comments are welcome. And another thank you to those people who have taken the plunge and bought my items - I hope they've satisfied you

• 3 months later...

Well after a long period of nothing from me (although sincere thanks to those of you who continue to buy my products) , I have an entry for you.

3_F9_E911_E_6_E69_4_E53_A0_D2_7629_B9_F0

she will go on sale very soon, and in the spirit of competition and thanks, if anyone can PM me with a correct guess as to what she is then they will win a link to the finished product at a no-markup price (what you pay will be what it costs at shapeways with absolutely no profit for me in it)

Edited by Edge

• 5 months later...

Well, several months behind schedule, I'm happy to reveal the actual content of the above, I know that both of you will be very excited :)

The model shown above is my newest 009 kit, the Ffestiniog 'England' locomotives!:

gqOlIy4.png

Once again, this is a kit which is best described as more of a scratch-aid than anything else, but is designed to drop straight on to the 'Percy' chassis from the Thomas the Tank 'Tomix' range. The motor does protrude into the cab area.

This is a 'one size fits all' model which can be used to represent any of the England engines rebuilt into saddle-tank engines. 

I've also produced some variations, all of which are designed to fit on to the same chassis:

6MaWL4K.png%20

This is meant to represent Prince/Princess in 1890s condition, when the locos were still side tanks, but had a ballast weight moulded into a sort of saddle tank shape. 

yuxRAHg.png

This is designed to represent 'The Princess' in 1887 condition with no cab but otherwise identical to the 1891 version

I've also run up representations of the Type 2/4 tender

FcBI4WA.png

And the type 3 tender:

k1NshiA.png

These tenders are hollow to allow for ballasting. Again, scratch build aids more than anything else - chassis arrangements are left to individuals to decide upon for themselves.

There are also original condition 'England' engines in development, as well as Prince's Oil tender. Hope to have them up soon. 

Thank you once again to everyone who purchases - your patronage is greatly appreciated and I hope you are all happy with what I have produced. As before, please let me know if I can do anything to help you.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

My congratulations to whichever shrewd buyer spotted that i’d somehow neglected to add a profit margin to the Princess 1891 version of the England loco kit  I tip my hat to you :).

i cannot day that I am heartbroken, it is nice to see that people wish to buy the products that I am designing. If you are on here and reading this then I would welcome any feedback, and the same goes for any purchasers of my models :)

Projects are slowly continuing for the time being and announcements will be made here when new items go up on the store :)

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/08/2019 at 17:36, Jason Pape said:

I’d love to see a little giant 4-4-2 in 09! Your Ursula looks amazing will you make a Katie or Effie too?

Thanks for the interest :) and for the compliments.

Afraid that things are rather at a standstill at the moment - job change hasnt left an awful lot of time for 3d work. I am working on a few bits and pieces.

I am trying to work out the ins and outs of an O9 atlantic, but it is rather tricky to fit everything in without simply throwing away any pretense of scale :) but I shall persevere.

As for Katie, I am looking into a model based aroung the minitrains 0-4-0 outside frame chassis, but its in the extremely early stages. Effie i think is probably well nigh impossible to be honest, but i thought that about a whole bunch of things I've desiged already :) so defeinitely on the back burner but never say never :)

Thansk for getting in touch, always happy to hear from interested folks, and can even take the occasional request

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2019 at 23:04, Edge said:

Thanks for the interest :) and for the compliments.

Afraid that things are rather at a standstill at the moment - job change hasnt left an awful lot of time for 3d work. I am working on a few bits and pieces.

I am trying to work out the ins and outs of an O9 atlantic, but it is rather tricky to fit everything in without simply throwing away any pretense of scale :) but I shall persevere.

As for Katie, I am looking into a model based aroung the minitrains 0-4-0 outside frame chassis, but its in the extremely early stages. Effie i think is probably well nigh impossible to be honest, but i thought that about a whole bunch of things I've desiged already :) so defeinitely on the back burner but never say never :)

Thansk for getting in touch, always happy to hear from interested folks, and can even take the occasional request

I love your designs they’re amazing!!! Maybe a class 30 like Synolda would be better than a little giant I prefer Synolda too but with door handles and door hinges like Count Louis. I love your Shelagh model and a Katie and Effie would be great too if possible, I’m wondering since a replica of Colossus is being built would a model of this engine be possible too? She would make a great companion to the class 30 too.

47 minutes ago, Jason Pape said:

I love your designs they’re amazing!!! Maybe a class 30 like Synolda would be better than a little giant I prefer Synolda too but with door handles and door hinges like Count Louis. I love your Shelagh model and a Katie and Effie would be great too if possible, I’m wondering since a replica of Colossus is being built would a model of this engine be possible too? She would make a great companion to the class 30 too.

Thank you again. As with most things, it will have to be a case of ‘wait and see’ I’m afraid :) . I am hoping to get back to the grindstone with the 3D stuff in the next couple of months and get some new designs out there. I am also planning to expand on my range of 009 conversion parts when the Bachmann Thomas range hits the U.K. 

As always, it’s very nice to have my work appreciated and I hope that it has pleased people. 

Once again, if anyone on here has pictures of models made using my products, id appreciate seeing them - it never hurts to see what others have done :)

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

710x528-29215755-15677098-1570283507-jpg
2019-10-05-10-15-40.jpg
2019-10-05-10-15-40.jpg
2019-10-05-10-15-51.jpg
2019-10-05-10-15-59.jpg
2019-10-05-10-16-09.jpg

For once, I've actually got a physical model to show you of a 3D print going on sale today! Class D wagon loads which can be used to represent a variety of mineral traffic or can be used as formers for a load of scatter materials. They are hollow undersneath to allow for removal using magnets.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/4Y9L6DBJR/009-wagon-load?optionId=125569659&li=shop-inventory

• Like 1

Thank you to eneryone who has got in touch about the 009 wagon loads and an extra big thank you to those who have made purchases - it is extremly gratifying that people are happy to part with hardearned cash for my products.

In response to a few of you who got in touch asking about the PECO side of things, I'm delighted to announce that both varieties of L&B open wagons are now catered for on my store:

710x528-29225866-15682057-1570380537-jpg

L&B 4-wheel Wagon

710x528-29225996-15682129-1570380989-jpg

L&B Bogie Wagon

As always, im delighted to hear about any further suggestions/requests/feedback that you have for any of my products, hopefully the winter months will provide more of a chance to catch up with my massive backlog of projects :biggrin_mini2:.

• 1 month later...