And now for something completely different...

rapidotrains

It needs to be DCC sound. Really. I wonder if a Faller mechanism will work...?

Walthers have recently released a motorised chassis for their GMC TDH-4512, so in a larger scale anything is possible.

https://www.walthers.com/catalog/product/view/id/894847/s/north-american-operating-gmc-tdh-4512-bus-power-chassis-wmb-l01-fits-1-160-n-scale-gmc-tdh-4512-bus-bodies-includes-usb-cable/

As a former collector of corgi diecast vehicles, I was only recently thinking to my self, why diecast, why not something in plastic like these model trains, as diecast has limitatioins in tooling and of course cost... then you come along with this!

The amount of detail in this bus looks superb, hope it takes off!

• RMweb Gold

I still think there is demand for a 1/87.1 Routemaster. Let's see how the New Looks do.

-Jason

Well Jason, if you want a nice original condition Routemaster to scan, I happen to know that Savoyard of this parish happens to own a very nice example.

• RMweb Premium

As a former collector of corgi diecast vehicles, I was only recently thinking to my self, why diecast, why not something in plastic like these model trains, as diecast has limitatioins in tooling and of course cost... then you come along with this!

The amount of detail in this bus looks superb, hope it takes off!

There are a lot of plastic HO road vehicles but I think the collector market generally prefers diecast. I had quite a few very nice Herpa plastic road vehicles which were excellent models but not cheap (if anything they were pricier than many equivalent diecasts).

I hope that now that you have 656, ex Calgary Transit 606 you will produce a Calgary Transit bus. Have fun stripping the paint of the aluminium below the windows, the primer is a real pain in the a**e!

If you come out to see it in Calgary please let me know, I would love to take it for a spin before you take it east. Don't get to drive too many New Look's for Calgary Transit now :(

Congrats by the way!!!

There are a lot of plastic HO road vehicles but I think the collector market generally prefers diecast. I had quite a few very nice Herpa plastic road vehicles which were excellent models but not cheap (if anything they were pricier than many equivalent diecasts).

Much of the Oxford/Base/EFE diecast production is actually plastic (at least in part), as I've found when doing conversions.

Stewart

• RMweb Premium

Much of the Oxford/Base/EFE diecast production is actually plastic (at least in part), as I've found when doing conversions.

Stewart

I think many diecast models are basically a diecast body shell and plastic everything else.

Buses from EFE maybe but plenty of plastic elsewhere - I've carved a lot about.

Stewart

Britbus comes to mind as being one that uses primarily plastic and their quality is quite good.

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Gold

Well done Jason, at long last someone is applying all the advances in technology in model trains to model buses. Die cast models look so dated against the latest model trains.

RM1152 is available anytime for scanning! :)

Archived