Russian layout

russianlayout

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi there, do you have any sources for locos. and stock etc., I use to be in touch with Robert Hendry around 10 years ago, but don't know if he is still active as I've moved away from Rugby. My son is now interested in the subject, and I have been researching some of the narrow-gauge Ukrainian forestry railways, which still appear to have some of the old soviet era equipment, so any help would be greatly appreciated,

many thanks,

Dave Elbourne

I'm not sure whether he is, he's missed the last two Warleys and I know he was ill a couple of years ago.

There are Russian models around, you could try search some of the Polish Model Railway shops online first but it would probably be better to use Google Translate and put in online model railway shops Russia and, translate to Russian and then put it in a Google Search and see what comes up, that's how I've found places in foreign countries before. Use of the local language in a search throws up far more than just doing an English language search, just takes a little more effort.

• 1 year later...

www.eurotrain.ru 

www.rocoland.ru

Some Eurotrain stock is also now sold in Menzels Lokschuppen in Dusseldorf. 

Modellbahnshop-lippe is also a good place in Germany for Russian (and all continental).

You can also search on SZD (soviet) and RZD (Russian) on Ebay. 

I've lived in Russia and have a growing collection of Russian stock - would be happy to share any info if you PM me.