C&L Finescale

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

PPP have just introduced HiNi BH rail (I believe the beginning of a range of track parts within their ever expanding empire). Next day P&P for rail (any quantity) is £10:00, so clearly not a low cost carriage item.

At least you get next day courier for that price, not bog standard 2nd class for an extra fifteen quid.

Such a shame to see a business going down the pan under new management. At least there is hope of new manufacturers taking up the slack even in this very niche area. DCC Concepts offer some very interesting pre tinned sleeper packs...they don't require any unsightly gapping for insulation purposes either. They are also developing a wide range of rail chairs too.

Edited by blueeighties
  • Like 1

Yes indeed it is a shame, but I think this thread shows that we as a community have been very understanding and patient, and certainly much slack has been granted to Phil in light of the various explanations that he has for missing, delayed or otherwise problematic orders. At some point, one must cut their losses and simply move on.

• RMweb Premium

Such a shame to see a business going down the pan under new management. At least there is hope of new manufacturers taking up the slack even in this very niche area. DCC Supplies offer some very interesting pre tinned sleeper packs...they don't require any unsightly gapping for insulation purposes either. They are also developing a wide range of rail chairs too.

Did you mean DCC Concepts? Or are DCC Supplies doing something too?

Yes, Like 500 4mm chairs going up to £27.50!, what a joke, i have been looking at doing them myself on a 3D printer.

What was the price under the old ownership?

500 Exactoscale chairs are twenty quid.....

The chairs used to be £15.00 for 500.

The EMGS are  again stocking Exactoscale track items. Although there isn't Exactoscale reference number on the EMGS online sales list, chairs are shown at £23:00 for 500. However, you have to be a member to buy them. Oddly though, if Exactoscale, these prices are dearer than quoted on the Exactoscale website.

I'd be quizzing C&L over this cost.  Something to cover packing time & materials I can swallow (if I have to)  but twenty quid is stretching things just a bit long way too far.

Consider yourself fully justified in being mightily p!ssed.

Maybe it's taking a long term to find parts for the order so a charge has been added for extra labour  :jester:

Not wishing to rub salt into the wound but I ordered some code 125 HiNi Bullhead from Karlgarin on Friday, arrived today.

One other thing I don't understand is why C&L charges a silly price (IMHO) for a GWR crossing nose chair, when you can get similar from 'Off the Rails', not cheap mind you, at a fraction of the price. I suppose he and others before will say it's because they are metal but lets face it, I and most others surely use such things as a cosmetic add-on?  

Edited by Stephen Freeman

Not wishing to rub salt into the wound but I ordered some code 125 HiNi Bullhead from Karlgarin on Friday, arrived today.

One other thing I don't understand is why C&L charges a silly price (IMHO) for a GWR crossing nose chair, when you can get similar from 'Off the Rails', not cheap mind you, at a fraction of the price. I suppose he and others before will say it's because they are metal but lets face it, I and most others surely use such things as a cosmetic add-on?

Hi Stephen

Do you know if the code 125 karlgarin rail will fit C&L 7mm chairs

I’ve plenty of chairs but no rail and have been putting off ordering from c&l

I did think of using peco rail but have been told it’s not a great fit for the chairs

Regards

Brian

Hi Stephen

I did think of using peco rail but have been told it’s not a great fit for the chairs

Regards

Brian

Hi,

Just been putting some on today, so answer is yes. Peco rail will fit as well if you really want to but you cannot easily fit non-Peco rail to Peco chairs.

Hi,

Just been putting some on today, so answer is yes. Peco rail will fit as well if you really want to but you cannot easily fit non-Peco rail to Peco chairs.

Thanks ,I’ll be ordering some promptly

Brian

Hi Stephen

Regards

Brian

I used Peco rail as it fitted better than the C&L rail. Yes I know it's not spot on for bullhead profile but you can't tell once it's assembled. I would recommend it!!!! This is a link on the forum to show how good it is....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111464-gwr-scale-track-components/

Hope this helps

Edited by Greenmodelmonkey

I used Peco rail as it fitted better than the C&L rail. Yes I know it's not spot on for bullhead profile but you can't tell once it's assembled. I would recommend it!!!! This is a link on the forum to show how good it is....

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/111464-gwr-scale-track-components/

Hope this helps

Thanks for that I’ll have a read through

Brian

Hi,

Thanks ,I’ll be ordering some promptly

Brian

If you are going to use Peco rail, why not buy Peco's chairs (standard and slide) and Timbers, all 3 are reasonably priced

If you are going to use Peco rail, why not buy Peco's chairs (standard and slide) and Timbers, all 3 are reasonably priced

I originally bought the c&l chairs for a “club project “that didn’t come to fruition and now have enough C&L chairs and woodern laser cut sleepers for my home layout but no rail

Brian

Edited by Bri.s

• RMweb Gold

The EMGS are  again stocking Exactoscale track items. Although there isn't Exactoscale reference number on the EMGS online sales list, chairs are shown at £23:00 for 500. However, you have to be a member to buy them. Oddly though, if Exactoscale, these prices are dearer than quoted on the Exactoscale website.

Hi Jol,

Just to correct you on a few bits of information you have stated.

The chairs you have quoted the price for are C&L chairs not exactoscale ones. The exactoscale prices are as the exactoscale list.

There is a product referance number for all the Track fixing parts and the Exactoscale ones start E4

So for example

3 BOLT FIXING CHAIRS - PACKET OF 250 R/H AND L/H  SKU: 4CH101B - theses are C&L product.

S 1 3 HOLE CHAIR - 4MM (500)  SKU:   E4CH101A  - these are exactoscale ones

If you have downloaded the members price list it will show all product codes (if the product has one), but make sure you don't have a previous copy of the list on you pc/laptop/tablet etc etc as al that will happen is the old version of the price list will be opened.

Thanks

Simon

EMGS Trade

Hi Jol,

Just to correct you on a few bits of information you have stated.

The chairs you have quoted the price for are C&L chairs not exactoscale ones. The exactoscale prices are as the exactoscale list.

There is a product referance number for all the Track fixing parts and the Exactoscale ones start E4

So for example

3 BOLT FIXING CHAIRS - PACKET OF 250 R/H AND L/H  SKU: 4CH101B - theses are C&L product.

S 1 3 HOLE CHAIR - 4MM (500)  SKU:   E4CH101A  - these are exactoscale ones

If you have downloaded the members price list it will show all product codes (if the product has one), but make sure you don't have a previous copy of the list on you pc/laptop/tablet etc etc as al that will happen is the old version of the price list will be opened.

Thanks

Simon

EMGS Trade

Simon,

thanks for pointing that out. I had already just been informed of that during a  conversation with Tony at Exactoscale.

Might I suggest that some indication as to which are C&L and which are Exactoscale products would be helpful as it isn't clear on the website pages, unless you know the different manufacturers codes.

Jol.

Edited by Jol Wilkinson

• RMweb Gold

Might I suggest that some indication as to which are C&L and which are Exactoscale products would be helpful as it isn't clear on the website pages, unless you know the different manufacturers codes.

Jol.

Hi,

If you click on the product it will say who the suppiler is for that item.

I will have to look into it see if there is away, possibly altering all the product titles but that will take a while to do.

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

If you click on the product it will say who the suppiler is for that item.

I will have to look into it see if there is away, possibly altering all the product titles but that will take a while to do.

Thanks

Simon

Hi Simon,

perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I can't see that on my pc with either Chrome or MS Edge..

http://www.emgs.org/product/3-bolt-fixing-chairs-packet-of-125-rh-and-lh/

http://www.emgs.org/product/s1-3-hole-chair-4mm-500/

Jol

• RMweb Premium

As an example (from the EMGS Stores):

500 4-bolt C&L Chairs:  £23-00

500 4-bolt Exactoscale Chairs:  £20-00

Incidentally, 500 4-bolt C&L chairs direct from C&L is £27-50.  A good reason to join the EMGS :)

I'm also disappointed to see that 00-sf 3-point Track Gauges from C&L are now a whopping £29-50 each  :O

For what its worth, I started in O Gauge late last year and having planned my track I made a decision to attend a society exhibition ( including several exhibitions since without any luck ) in the hope of obtaining all the chairs / rail etc I would require to build it from C & L parts.

Sadly it wasn't to be as many above have mentioned there were various reasons / excuses on the day.

It was at that point I made a decision to use Peco rail and chairs albeit not totally correct but despite my patience I wasn't prepared to wait indefinitely and easily obtainable at a reasonable price.

I have now completed all my turnouts from LH / RH to my first double slip and three way which I am happy with and they work very well.

First the 3 way under construction ( now completed )

post-20303-0-18892600-1542136625_thumb.jpg

and the RH turnout part weathered

post-20303-0-76340700-1542136636_thumb.jpg

They may not be totally accurate but I am pleased to have made progress rather than sitting on my hands wondering if or when I could have obtained what I originally wanted. 

It now means I can get it all laid and run / play trains !

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Simon,

perhaps I am doing something wrong, but I can't see that on my pc with either Chrome or MS Edge..

http://www.emgs.org/product/3-bolt-fixing-chairs-packet-of-125-rh-and-lh/

http://www.emgs.org/product/s1-3-hole-chair-4mm-500/

Jol

Hi,

It might be because I have admin rights for the site so its showing me everything.

Again something to look at.

Thanks

Simon