Stoke Courtenay

checkrail

• RMweb Gold

John AA15,20 and 21 had batches fitted as per the bible you will need a photo or some one with a list of them, Miss Prism is normally good on Toads. 

• Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, 81C said:

Miss Prism is normally good on Toads. 

Its far easier to ride something with four legs, fair play to her ! :jester:

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

I've been following this layout for some time now but I've just seen the video of it in BRM and it's incredible, even more realistic on video than in the photos which already look brilliant.  I look forward to seeing more of phase 2.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Long time admiring lurker on here John but loved the coverage of your exquisite layout in the latest BRM and if such a thing is possible, Andy’s pictures just keep on getting better and better.

Brian

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Nice to hear from new visitors to my layout thread and ‘long time lurkers’, following the article in April’s BRM.  Welcome, and thanks for kind comments. As you can imagine I’m delighted with the coverage.  Andy has, as ever, done a fabulous job, both with the magazine photos and the video.  I love the views of the trains running along to the musical accompaniment!  So big thanks to Andy and Howard. 

I’ve just purchased access to the digital edition, of which I was until now only vaguely aware.  I see it has a couple of extra pics, plus access to the video. I was wondering how to share the DVD with family and friends. This gave me the answer – I’ll tell them to buy the digital edition instead of waiting for the paper copy on the 28th!

Nice too that my article was printed in its entirety.  Indeed, I was asked at a fairly late stage for a bit more detail on various aspects.  (Unfortunately one or two grammatical infelicities have crept into the text during the editing process.  All I can say is, “It wasn’t me Guv!”)

The photos have reminded me that I really should summon up my courage and get on with weathering the locos.  How timely then that Michael Russell's article on that very subject should follow mine in this edition.  I'm sure it will repay careful reading. 

John C.

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Was it in this thread or in its own thread that you posted your guide to improving Dapol square post signals?  I have my first one coming in the post and want to be ready to start improving it...

Sorry Rich, only just seen this since posting last a couple of mins ago.  My piece on modifying the signals was in 2016, under the "Permanent way, signalling etc." section. But if you put "Improving Dapol signals" in the RMweb search box you'll find it.

Cheers,

John.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Mr.Philo would have been very jealous!

Thanks Mike.  I still remember that Feb 1959 issue of RM (my first copy) coming through the letterbox, and the 11 year old me seeing that layout and thinking, "Wow!  I want a layout like that when I'm grown up".

Took me a while didn't it?  And I never did get access to that amount of space.

John C.2117942752_Penfoldlayout.jpeg.91951a34cf28808bbb9bee9951436426.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

I have finally got round to watching the DVD and thoroughly enjoyed it. The mix of coach types in the rakes certainly helps add to the atmosphere which you have created and I agree with your philosophy of not crowding the layout. 

Well done and modest with it, I look forward to further updates.

Brian

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Not only hours of harmless fun John but very enjoyable from a distant admirer of your layout and work, please keep it up !

As an aside I keep looking in the newsagents for the April hardcopy edition and look forward to purchasing it.

G

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Recent group of pictures have been great so please keep them coming.

I notice the issues with the darkness has been sorted, out of curiosity what was it you needed to tweak in the end?

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, bgman said:

Not only hours of harmless fun John but very enjoyable from a distant admirer of your layout and work, please keep it up !

As an aside I keep looking in the newsagents for the April hardcopy edition and look forward to purchasing it.

G

More smut Grahame. :nono:         :jester:

• Funny 1