Stoke Courtenay

checkrail

3 hours ago, checkrail said:

Still experimenting with camera settings and Affinity.  (Family guests with babies en masse the past week, so no chance of sloping off to the loft for some proper modelling.)   Here's 8709 on the pick up goods.

Trip_goods_1.jpg.d307f40f98c8fe58040ee7f496a44a5d.jpg

Trip_goods_2.jpg.15215e4265c26d94d6bc87ba5838cc15.jpg

John C.

Love the second shot - very evocative.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, checkrail said:

And a couple more.

The first provides an aerial view of my nod to the presence of a village - church, graveyard and lych gate, war memorial, garage and, of course, pub.  That's it.

I was going to say 'helicopter shot' but IIRC last time I used the phrase someone reminded me that the old paraffin pigeon hadn't been invented in 1939!

Autogyros... ;)

Lovely pictures again

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, gwrrob said:

Any chance of a close up of the coal wagons , I especially like the look of that unusually coloured Aitken wagon John.;)

Sure, Robin.  Here are a few in crude close-up.  

Of the four in the recent pick-up goods pics the first is from a Powsides kit.  It made a change in that it has no end doors.  Think the wagon kit component of the Powsides product was from Slaters?

1406606060_P1050750(2).JPG.f700edf7335d8b55330a8d0e83f51f7b.JPG

The next is also a Powsides kit.  Like you I was attracted by the unusual colour.  Most PO wagons seemed to be black (and what a sensible choice), with a few red and grey, so it was nice to add a bit of variety with a green one with a local name.

1454022144_P1050751(2).JPG.22b387c5d1ee47905de1097c883b3611.JPG

Of the two RW wagons in the third pic the one on the left is another Powsides pre-printed kit, while the one on the right is a Bachmann offering.  I have two of each of these, plus a couple of Bachmann's dark red Renwick Wilton & Dobson version which features on ANTB.

954570784_P1050752(2).JPG.39d19bef7f769bb10a22b4955664b924.JPG

I know little of these firms and their traffic flows, but I hope the wagons add a little south Devon flavour to the show.

Regards,

John 

Edited by checkrail
Right, not left!
  • Like 19

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

I wonder what shade of green from the Humbrol range POWsides suggest for touching up

Knowing that I haven't used this colour for anything else (so far) I've just popped up to the loft to look at my paint stocks, and by a process of elimination can tell you that it's Humbrol matt 105 (with a subsequent wash of black weathering). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

15 hours ago, checkrail said:

(A distant future project might be to make this latter element automatic so that some kind of gizmo presented up and down trains automatically in random order and at appropriate speeds.  Might that be asking too much?)

I know the operators of County Gate had exactly this arranged, via DCC and a laptop.   If the site is still up, the works was spelled out.   I imagine means have been written out before, as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
21 hours ago, checkrail said:

A distant future project might be to make this latter element automatic so that some kind of gizmo presented up and down trains automatically in random order and at appropriate speeds.  Might that be asking too much?

John Dew of this parish runs his Granby Junction layout automatically. I'm sure he'd be willing to share some tips.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Beat me to it!

County Gate used RR&Co Traincontroller, as do I and John Dew.  The full fat Gold version is not cheap (£500+) but would be OTT for what I think you would want. If it’s just running ‘random’ trains from the storage yard through the station and back into the yard then the cheapo Bronze version (c.£100) should be sufficient.  As well as the cost of the program, you will need to fit train detection of some description and automatic control of points in the storage area.  (Plus points in the scenic area unless you can  be very sure that they are set right before and not moved during automatic operation.)

Depends what you want and how much you want to pay!

Alternatively, if you are/want to be a computer/electronics geek, JMRI and home built stuff (MERG do kits and designs) is a cash poor time rich alternative.

Paul.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3