Stoke Courtenay

checkrail

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, The Great Bear said:

I do like the bent wire replacement for the tension lock you have on your tank locos, much more discreet.

Yes.  They're not quite invisible but do allow for the fitting of screw coupling and vac/steam pipes which, like lamps, I think are pretty essential.  And they work very well with the 'Brian Kirby' method of magnetic uncoupling for tension locks.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Coach bogie said:

I like them even more without that topfeed!

One of these days perhaps Mike …. !   On the long list of 'future projects'.  So much modelling to do, so little time.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Bulwell Hall said:

I do like the weathering on Launceston Castle.  Very natural for an engine in normal service although a long way from her days on the Cheltenham Flyer!

Done for me recently by Steve at Grimy Times.  Helps to hide the mess I made trying to get the 'Great (twin shields) Western' insignia off Tintasgel Castle's tender to replace with the shirtbutton totem.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold

Recent photos have been taken with the exposure value set at +1/3 EV.  I wondered if the pics were a bit pale, so tried one with EV set at normal level of 1. Which of these two is better?

P13.jpg.2d40fffa5b6a7d529df13ac310ef1441.jpg

P14.jpg.810ce0eb5bf5dff4ea71754ae7afb3b6.jpg

PS. Only noticed after posting that one of the lamps has fallen off the Grange and seems to be balanced between the rh buffer and the vac pipe.  Must now go upstairs and hunt round the track for it.  Hope I don't find it on the loft floor by treading on it!

John C.

• Like 17

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, outatime said:

Clearly the second one. Look at the sky on the background, in the first one it looks white, in the second light blue as it should.

They look the same to me on my monitor at work!

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, AlfaZagato said:

I only just noticed the black hardware on the horsebox, though you've probably posted about it before.    Now I need to go revisit my old N gauge Lima model.

As far as I remember the black ironwork was already present, courtesy of Hornby.  What was wrong though were the brown ends, as someone kindly pointed out, so they had a repaint in matt black.  Don't know what colour Lima painted the ends of their N gauge version.

3 hours ago, checkrail said:

As far as I remember the black ironwork was already present, courtesy of Hornby.  What was wrong though were the brown ends, as someone kindly pointed out, so they had a repaint in matt black.  Don't know what colour Lima painted the ends of their N gauge version.

I don't think they were painted. All the ones I've seen were the colour of the plastic they were moulded in.