Stoke Courtenay

checkrail

• RMweb Premium

A lovely time with John yesterday; the layout is quite superb. It's evident from all of John's pictures that he's a remarkably tidy and exact modeller and everything looked 'just right'. Every aspect has room to breathe and there are some wonderful viewpoints as we know. Anyway, the pictures will do the talking in due course!

attachicon.gifFeature_3s.jpg

That car gets everywhere, eh Robin? Edited by brushman47544

I have to admit that I come back for another look on an almost daily basis – I like this layout so much and especially that sense of wide open spaces. Given that it's not an enormous layout I think that has taken some skill in judgement. The goods yards in particular is wonderfully uncluttered.

Edited by Anglian

• RMweb Gold

Yep, Stoke Courtenay will be in BRM April issue, out 28 March (or a few days earlier for subscribers if 'Spring' edition which arrived today is anything to go by).  

I'm delighted with Andy Y's photos, but even more so with the video he did of the layout, which will be on the DVD for subscribers.  I'll say nothing of the footage of yours truly doing the talking-head-to-camera bit, but the views of the trains in motion are pretty damn' good, and had me thinking, 'Crikey, did I really build that?'

As for my own rather more pedestrian photos I've been waiting until I had something new to show you.  Things weren't helped by searching frantically for my camera for a fortnight until I found it - attached to the tripod and tucked away behind the layout under the purlins.  But it's nice to know there's still some interest out there and I'll get on the case and post some stuff during the next few days.

Cheers,

John.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

16 hours ago, checkrail said:

I've been waiting until I had something new to show you. 

I'd be happy to see an image of a freight train with the wagons arranged in a different order to that which we've already seen.
:D

Edited by Anglian
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

So I try to attach the next two photos to a completely new post, but I click on one and up comes the little box telling me I can only add 10 mb.  But I haven't added anything at all yet!

utterly baffled now.

John C.

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold

Might be getting the hang of this now.  It seems that before I try to send more pics attached to a new post I have to go out of my thread and back to followed topics, then come back in again.  Just two here again, as one has come out at 7 mb, though the other is only 1.9 mb.  Might have to revert to the bad old days of compressing these jpeg files before posting them.

P1040952.JPG.1d6c9e1784aedcbbe299ad48f571c5d8.JPG

P1040949.JPG.f2fe96a3c5bd3939806fc7d1ef12907b.JPG

• Like 15

• RMweb Gold

Not quite there yet with this attachment malarkey.  I'd worked out how to select position for photo using cursor, but it seems that unless I've already written some text below where I want the picture, I can't then add any text below it afterwards (though it will let me add another picture (file size permitting).

Anyway, let's continue.

P1040948.JPG.ae6e29eca38d080d4282b77219deeb21.JPG

P1040943.JPG.d17e34af67f4b4416adb172f34a94eb1.JPG

Ah, this time it's let me.  Perhaps I've done something right?!

Don't know what's under that LMS tarp, but it sure looks big.  

John C.

• Like 18