Southern pride models

Has anyone else had issues contacting southern pride models?

I am interested in buying a class 312 model and have emailed them twice now to enquire about final costs but no one seems to be interested in my business as the have not got back to me yet.

I can't warrant sending a cheque to a company that won't even return an email.

I tried repeatedly to contact them by email over a few months last year, to enquire about whether their assembled models could be dismantled easily to install DCC, lights etc. or whether it would be better to buy the kits. I did not get a single reply, or even acknowledgement. They did not get my business. I understand they are just a father and son business, but even so.

On the other hand I contacted Britannia Pacific a few years before and found them very helpful, They got a sale as a result.

I hope they are on holiday but if they are it's a long one. My two emails were about two months apart.

Unfortunately they are the only company that produces a good representation of a class 312.

Even the electra graphics model requires parts from southern pride to complete.

Noticed the website was only updated in the last month or so, so they must still be operating.

There are a good deal of Mk.1 coach parts that would be useful for updating old Kitmasters, plus there are roof sections to complement the Coopercraft Mk.1 components.

You can order Southern pride emu kit's from Lucy at Modellers mecca in the West midland's, she can contact David at Southern pride, the advantage of this is that you can pay her by paypal or credit debit card.

Southern pride only takes cheques.

Her price's are exactly the same.

I have bought several Southern pride class 304 and class 305 kit's this way.

• RMweb Premium

I hope they are on holiday but if they are it's a long one. My two emails were about two months apart.

Unfortunately they are the only company that produces a good representation of a class 312.

Even the electra graphics model requires parts from southern pride to complete.

You need to write to David at SP. He is extremely helpful when contacted the 'old fashioned way'. You can ask in your letter if it is OK to phone him as he will spend time on the phone giving advice to customers.

He simply does not like email and that's how it is however I have done business with him by email about a month ago  Give the bloke some slack as he is semi retired and could easily have run away abroad after last week. Alternatively see post 7; that would seem a great way of getting the goods.

ATB.

Phil

Re , the class 310/312 model, I spoke to David at Southern pride about 18 month's ago, and he thought the master's for the resin bodyshell's for the 310/312 might be wearing out, so he was unsure if he could supply them, as the supply of the brass side's and the resin shell's are contracted out, to a 3rd part supplier.

I made an order from Southern Pride last week, paying by cheque.  It arrived yesterday, so service isn't slow, even if it's an old fashioned approach to commerce.

Ditto, form posted with cheque on the Monday, parcel arrived by the weekend. Can't say fairer than that! 

I bought quite a bit of stuff from Southern Pride, through Mainly Trains in the past. From here in Australia it is near impossible to buy anything from their range now, without a whole lot of extra expense and inconvenience.

• RMweb Premium

I bought quite a bit of stuff from Southern Pride, through Mainly Trains in the past. From here in Australia it is near impossible to buy anything from their range now, without a whole lot of extra expense and inconvenience.

If there is still stuff you require perhaps you could now set up an 'arrangement' with SP himself? Otherwise you could ask someone over here to purchase for you using your address for delivery or forwarding the stuff on once purchased, checked and obtained?

Phil

I have no connection with SP but had a very good experience recently. I'd been after a pair of brass sides for a mark 1 diag 30 Griddle Car which was showing as out of stock on the web site. I contacted SP via their link to ask if there was any stock available and if not to tell me if there was any intention to manufacture in the near future. I heard nothing for about 6 weeks and then David emailed me to say he'd located what I wanted if still interested. Paid same day sides arrived within 48 hrs. So in my book SP exceeded my expectations as what I was asking for was out of stock. I'd buy from SP again without hesitation

Doug

• RMweb Premium

They can be difficult to get a response to but you will get one, I hassled him slightly by email to make sure I had the total proces correct (different postage rates).

Be polite friendly and leave a week or so.

I need more roof bits so will be bothering him again soon

• 1 month later...

Archived