Railway & Modelling Obituaries

Ray Kinsella "Wayne Rite"

Ray Kinsella, known on RMWeb as Wayne Rite, passed away this morning at 6am WST ater a three year battle with cancer.

A well-known figure around WA's modelling and swapmeet circles, his modelling ability and his large stock of 'spares for everything' resulted in him helping many people get that dead item back to running order.

He was a native of Hastings, and had a great knowledge of the history of the town and area, but also loved his adopted country.

He also was a great admirer of the Schools 4.4.0, and the LBSCR/SECR in general. His convivial nature and willingness to share a joke will be greatly missed,

He is survived by his wife Carmel, and one son, Mark.

RIP Ray.

Peter Chandler

Perth WA

• 5 months later...

Just seen this, had some great discussions with Rayabout the SECR and the area in which he loved as I live in the Romney Marsh area myself and model the SECR/SR.  He helped me out with my L1 project which is nearing fruition. I also purchased a D3 from him at a very reasonable price.  He was a lovely chap and will be missed by the modelling world I am sure.  Rest in peace Ray.  My condolonces to your good lady wife and son.

Chris

Archived