Farish incoming - June 2016

Andy Y

Here's the list of what's currently inbound from the factory to Barwell:

GRAHAM FARISH N SCALE

372-535

BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4T No. 80027 in BR lined black livery with early emblem. Shed code 66A. NEW TOOLING

6PIN

£119.95

372-536

BR Standard 4MT 2-6-4T No. 80119 in BR lined black livery with late crest. Shed code 50B.

NEW TOOLING

6PIN

£119.95

• RMweb Premium

I wonder how successful these will be. The previous tooling was not that bad.

They'll be a big success; the old model is very crude and not up to modern standards (pun unintended!)

Here's a comparison between the newly tooled version and the older one:

062633.jpg

Major improvements are fully see through spoked wheels, DCC ready, wire handrails, cab glazing, NEM sockets and more added details. Downside is the reversion to using huge ugly hex bolts to hang the motion on the wheels and replacing some with chunkier plastic bits. The older one is not bad for cast metal but the new one ups the game.

G.

• RMweb Premium

The Night Mail set (47522 in Doncaster Green plus a couple of red vans etc) has snuck in under the radar and appeared at certain box shifters.  Have ordered one just for the loco and will probably sell on the rest of the set.

Bad timing for me, I am going N Gauge so need to get rid of some OO gauge stuff to fund it. I wanted this set but was hoping it would come in after the trade in, fingers crossed there will be some left in a few weeks.

• RMweb Premium

Before anyone else asks, the surplus vans from my Night Mail set are now spoken for. Didn't quite anticipate the stampede that suddenly occurred last night!

I've noticed that the 71-329 Class 150/2 150247 in BR Super Sprinter livery - weathered has arrived at Hattons despite the Bachmann site saying it's not due until September! I've been wanting to buy one for a while, but as the price is a rather eye watering £145 I think I'll leave it for now.

• RMweb Premium

I have started a separate thread for the Night Mail set with 47522 Doncaster Enterprise with pictures but here is one of the loco to be going on with:

post-6910-0-17186100-1468272202_thumb.jpg

Archived