GWR Tank Engines around Southall Area 1945-47

Keegs

Hi all, 

I did a search to see if there was any other questions along these lines but there was nothing on RMweb.

I am Modelling a Fictitious Goods yard off the main line in the general Southall-Ealing area and am looking for information regarding what classes of Tank Engines would be around in the last years of the GWR -1945-47

I am not sure if anyone knows this information or not but I am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction in terms of Books etc

I am new to the hobby and as such any help would be much appreciated.

I know that pannier tanks were common but not sure of any others!

Regards,

Kegan

According to Lyons 'GW Engine sheds', at the end of '47 there were members of most of the pannier tank classes, early ( half-cabs) and late types, except the 74xx's. One of the few saddle tanks ( 1625), one of the those not converted to panniers, and large prairies 51xx & 61xx. have fun, and enjoy. :sungum:

Don't forget the 97xx condensing panniers.  There were 11 of them, far more than enough for the daily trips between Acton and Smithfield, so they regularly turned up on other turns.  These included loaded milk trains from West Ealing to Wood Lane and Kensington and the odd suburban passenger.

Chris, who did most of his early spotting at Acton Main Line 

According to Lyons 'GW Engine sheds', at the end of '47 there were members of most of the pannier tank classes, early ( half-cabs) and late types, except the 74xx's. One of the few saddle tanks ( 1625), one of the those not converted to panniers, and large prairies 51xx & 61xx. have fun, and enjoy. :sungum:

I think that should be '1925'...

Archived