Heljan Class 45 EP sample

MGR Hooper!

With the same bogie arrangement as the class 40 I did wonder whether it might be something like this - I know the back to backs were too tight on the 40 - they haven't done it again have they?

Lets hope its something simple that gets rectified quickly.

Very few, i'd say.

You want 7mm diesels, you either bite the Heljan "not perfect" bullet, or pay the high JLTRT price. And the market is obviously out there. Ten years ago, Heljan, (among others),  told me there was no market for a 7mm Falcon...it sold out, once they did offer it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

THEY'RE HERE (again)!  I had the call from Tower Models this afternoon (12th April 2017) - but alas too late to get them to me in Kent this side of Easter.  I hope earlier recipients will share their views and pictures.

Happy Easter all.  

Looks very good - 'last couple of weeks'.....but I thought they hadn't come out yet?? - or atleast it sounds like they are arriving about now into sunny Blackpool.....

I was handed a pair of all over green bodyshells to modify and paint a few weeks ago. They have modified 40 bogies under them.

Cheers

Shane

I was handed a pair of all over green bodyshells to modify and paint a few weeks ago. They have modified 40 bogies under them.

Cheers

Shane

Out of interest, how are you planning to do the 2 marker lights on the front of the right hand one? - I was planning to convert one similarly but was a bit stumped by the lights at present.

• RMweb Premium

Out of interest, how are you planning to do the 2 marker lights on the front of the right hand one?.

Have a look at Brian Daniels' one in kitbuilding and scratchbuilding (Brian's 7mm diesel workbench)...

Edited by Hal Nail

Out of interest, how are you planning to do the 2 marker lights on the front of the right hand one? - I was planning to convert one similarly but was a bit stumped by the lights at present.

Yes, just not had the opportunity to do them yet.

Cheers

Shane

Have a look at Brian Daniels' one in kitbuilding and scratchbuilding (Brian's 7mm diesel workbench)...

DJH won't supply the marker lights on there own unless you have the full kit already and have the spares list that is included. Been looking at alternatives but nothing looking right so far. :banghead:

• RMweb Premium

DJH won't supply the marker lights on there own unless you have the full kit already and have the spares list that is included. Been looking at alternatives but nothing looking right so far. :banghead:

Yeah frustrating knowing a part exists but you can't get hold of them! Let us know how you get on as I fancy doing a conversion as well.

Edited by Hal Nail

I was just thinking - DJH are bringing out a 37/4 conversion kit (for the Heljan 37) which should include? pretty much the correct type of marker lights in the plated headcode box covers that could be incorporated into the Peak. Can't remember how much the conversion kit was going to cost but this might be a way forward.....???

I was just thinking - DJH are bringing out a 37/4 conversion kit (for the Heljan 37) which should include? pretty much the correct type of marker lights in the plated headcode box covers that could be incorporated into the Peak. Can't remember how much the conversion kit was going to cost but this might be a way forward.....???

I believe its £80 for the 37 conversion kit.

I believe its £80 for the 37 conversion kit.

Oh 'dear' - that is a bit of a problem then.

Don't Shawplan do a headcode conversion for the class 47 (ie the later headcode lights which tended to appear mainly at one end only?) from the mid 1980's which might be able to be adapted - not sure where you get the actual 'glass' lens from though? - suitable model car headlights again??

I'm sure someone will come out with something - lets hope so.

It is a shame Heljan (who have catered for all the bodyside variations) have not made an interchangeable nose end - I'm sure that would have increased sales significantly if all 4 versions could have been incorporated like how the bodyside variations were cleverly catered for.

• RMweb Gold

THEY'RE HERE (II)!  My pair of Heljan Peaks arrived this morning.  There is a new departure in the packaging; the box is much slimmer than usual, and the loco is attached to a wooden board by two easily removable screws.  

The loco itself is magnificent and littered with details  Mine are weathered - a bit of a surprise, but saves me a job.  I will let the photographs do the talking.  It will be sound-equipped later and then run in.  

Enjoy.  

PM

post-3981-0-00381300-1492506719_thumb.jpgpost-3981-0-78727200-1492506731_thumb.jpgpost-3981-0-08902800-1492506746_thumb.jpgpost-3981-0-92857400-1492506759_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

There is a new departure in the packaging;. the loco is attached to a wooden board by two easily removable screws.  

Why do I have a picture forming in my mind of the model lying on it's side on the wood, with a couple of 4" nails hammered through it..??!! :fool: :jester:

I think it's due to 3 conflicting words - "control", "quality", & "Heljan"... :mosking:

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for sharing the pictures - does it go through points OK? - assuming you've had the chance to test it....

Alas, I've not had the chance to test it yet.  But the more I look at, the more I think it is their best diesel yet.  Fantastic.