Lymebrook Yard

sf315

The layout can hold nine trains ranging from a class 121.128 DMU

To a class 44 and 10 sixteen ton minerals plus brake.

The fiddle yard is sidings that kick back and it is situated under the flats. The board the flats are on unbolt and lift off but you can get to most of it from round the back.

Passenger trains will be mainly DMU although a class 31 and three mark ones are one train for variation.

The small yard three sidings off a kick back. Have electromagnets fitted for uncoupling.

Control is my trusty controller that I use on Tanners Hill using old but good Kent Panel controllers hand held units.

Edited by sf315
  • Like 3

Like this! I just clicked on the name and when the page opened, I didn't expect it to be as either as small or as good as what I saw in the picture. Will be following and would love to know more about your work including more photos!

Sam 

Hello all

Thanks for the interest in the layout

In answer to the questions posed above.

I'll get a track plan posted when time permits.

It looks like an article will be written for the layout.

Its construction isn't probably any different to most on here. It's basically an lnglenook inside an oval of track.

Just at the moment it's packed away as I have commitments with Tanners Hill my other layout.

Lymebrook Yard is a replacement for my other70s layouts which were called Parkhouse and Wulstanton Road.

It's exhibition debut will be DEMU showcase at Burton on Trent next year. As I say in the near future I'll post more pics but just at the moment I am concentrating on building a 3D printed Networker class 466 for Tanners Hill.

Thanks for the interest

Steve

post-5955-0-19939000-1468705075_thumb.jpgHave found this image on the phone it was taken a while ago.

Its the station building mostly complete which is two Bachmann Scenecraft buildings cut and shut and glued back to back.

The platform are Peco sides with embossed plasticard tops. Since this shot was taken the station has signs, passengers added and been weathered.

A word about the two lines that disapear under the bridge the left hand track is a dead end and is the headshunt for the yard so the running line goes from double to single track at this point.This adds more operating potential as trains have to wait in the station before continuing.

post-5955-0-19939000-1468705075_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Steve

Edited by sf315
  • Like 12

Hi Steve,

Looks like another masterpiece.

It always amazes me how you come up with and fit so much into such a small place without it looking out of place.

Looking forward to meeting up and chewing the fat next weekend.

Carl

Hello all

Have managed to get a couple of snaps.

First is the two blocks of flats which are converted Kibri kitspost-5955-0-47902400-1468861062.jpeg

Built as per instructions but the ground floor has had a concrete section put in place of the clear section as per kit.

A new roof after it was all cut to the same height on both blocks and all painted up.

Road markings are individual pieces of Fox Transfer white lining. Takes a while but worth the look.

The second pic is the station building and road overbridge with steps up. To road level with Bachman scenecraft houses in low relief. The bridge, steps and roadway being scratchbuilt from wood and plasticard post-5955-0-59111000-1468861648.jpeg

Thanks Steve.

• Like 9

Hello all

Nothing been done on the layout for a bit but over the weekend I have got hold of a LMS BG which will be modified and repainted into BR blue.

The layout will be put back up after this weekend so I can continue with it. More pictures will be taken.

Thanks for the comments about the layout and yes as Nobby says its public debut is DEMU Showcase in 2017

Thanks Steve

Edited by sf315

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I can only add to the compliments - that is as impressive as I've seen in 4X2.

From some of the other comments I guess this is your thing (layouts in small places) - you've definately mastered it!

It is a nice track plan too - it would transfer up well for the space starved modeller in OO.

Regards,

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Have been having a running session with Lymebrook Yard

And since not posted anything for a bit thought I'd share these.

Yes the bus is way off its beaten track but will be transferred with a more suitable destination at a later date.

post-5955-0-28239800-1470572052.jpeg

post-5955-0-42934200-1470572074.jpeg

post-5955-0-82668100-1470572088.jpeg

post-5955-0-62381000-1470572103.jpeg

post-5955-0-76448200-1470572118.jpeg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all
Nothing much been done on the layout.
I have been working on rolling stock
I have modified a LMS BG as the article that was in the N gauge journal and the body has been sprayed BR blue. Also obtained has been a Bachmann PMV van in blue, just needs weathering.
Have been working on some MTV/ZKV bodies. I drew the bodies out to fit a PECO 15 foot chassis and had them 3D printed.
The transfers were from the railtec transfer sheet for the stone tipplers.post-5955-0-45630400-1471678511.jpeg

post-5955-0-45630400-1471678511.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...