Lymebrook Yard

sf315

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words Rich B. You may also want to have a look at Farmers Drove which also has its own thread it's still under construction.

Yes Chris our own area would be good but then we are not putting it out to the general people as then we wouldn't be annoying me old mate bungus harping on about our cake decoration gauge layouts.

I suppose we ought to be in the micro layouts and boxfiles forum. But I think layout topics is the main thread most people contribute to.

Carl your spending too much time on here while your tippy tapping away those wagons aren't getting finished. Have seen your thread and all looks good. It actually looks like you've raided my Tanners Hill stock box.

Thanks Steve.

Edited by sf315
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

The next outing for the layout is at the St John's charity show in Newcastle under Lyme.

This weekend.

Details for the show can be found in the monthly magazines in the what's on sections.

Thanks

Steve

Day one of the show went very well with no major disasters
A few new train formations were tried mainly freight wise.
There were plenty of nice comments about the layout and what you can do in the space.
Hope today is as good.

Thanks Steve

A pic from yesterday

IMG_1648.JPG

post-5955-0-20998700-1501398782.jpg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all

I have been giving the layout a quick run to check all is well ready for its appearance at the Shenfield show on 16th September.

Pic below shows the recently completed sand train being test run for the first time. Wagons are Parkwood ( now N gauge society I think) sand opens, MSV tipplers these are from PECO kits and a couple of MTV wagons which I drew the body and got 3D printed. The van In front of the brake van is a barrier wagon to stop the guard having sand blown all over him.

The train is fully fitted but has a brake van on the rear for operating reasons.

Looking forward to getting out again with the layout. After Shenfield it's next and last outing for the year is Hazel Grove near Stockport at the end of October. Looking into 2018 its first outing is Stafford in February where Colin is having a small layout section and it'll be in with them. Hopefully by then the 3D printed class 128 parcels unit will be a runner by then.

Thanks Steve

post-5955-0-16975400-1503920369.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

The layout ran well yesterday.

Well it did for me don't know if Carl had any troubles.

There were a lot of questions about how tight the curves were and what was the board size.

Enjoyed chatting to people.

Been working on the 128 parcels unit today.

Will post pic of progress perhaps later in the week when the transfers are applied.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 1

The layout ran well yesterday.

Well it did for me don't know if Carl had any troubles.

There were a lot of questions about how tight the curves were and what was the board size.

Enjoyed chatting to people.

Been working on the 128 parcels unit today.

Will post pic of progress perhaps later in the week when the transfers are applied.

Thanks Steve.

The layout ran well for me also. Except when this dodgy operator forgot about the fiddle yard points. ;-)

Cheers

Carl

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Thanks for posting the link to the video above. I hadn’t seen it. If anyone else took any pics of the layout they’d like to share please post on here. I like to see other people’s pics of the layout as they have a different perspective of a picture that they would like to take.

Thanks Steve

Hello

Thanks for posting the link to the video above. I hadn’t seen it. If anyone else took any pics of the layout they’d like to share please post on here. I like to see other people’s pics of the layout as they have a different perspective of a picture that they would like to take.

Thanks Steve

You're welcome. As someone who was born just over the border (in South Cheshire) from the area you have modelled  I can really appreciate the North Staffs feel. The station is a bit like a simplified and non-electrified version of Etruria.

Cheers

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

A reminder that Lymebrook Yard will be at the Hazel Grove exhibition next weekend.

Tested the layout worked ok.

For those of you in the N gauge society you'd of perhaps seen the couple of pics in the latest journal of the layout taken by Mr Hedges.

Its the last outing for this year with the layout but we start again at Stafford where the 128 parcels unit should be a runner,

along with some more wagons in the form of STV tube wagons,ZAV engineers medfits and VPV palvans which are currently on the workbench.

Thanks Steve.

post-5955-0-73699000-1508570505_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

The first day at the Hazel Grove show went really well and enjoyed it. Due to our position in the hall it is easy to see round the back and at some stages we had more people looking behind than watching out front. I don’t mind as I think people want to know where do all these blooming trains keep coming from. Many are very suprised when they see that trains are stored in kick back sidings under the flats.

More fun today hopefully. Onmy own today as Pete my other oppo is hopefully getting Mayfield ready for Crewe show next weekend as I am assisting him.

Thanks Steve.

• Like 2

I saw this layout today at Hazel Grove and I was one of the amazed viewers seeing the stock was just sat on the dead end sidings.

A really good layout and a deceptive track plan :)

I spotted in your pictures a BRCW 104 - where did that come from?

Thanks

Peter