Lymebrook Yard

sf315

Hello all

The layout ran well today at Warley until about 4 o clock when the actuating rod on the point motor outside the signal box broke. It’s the most used point on the layout. I carry spare point motors with flying leads already attached it took us 10 minutes and we were back running.

Other than that the layout ran well and seemed well received and at least two people are using the layout for inspiration after seeing it in the Modeler.

Looking forward to tomorrow now

Thanks Steve.

• Like 2

Hi Steve,

You weren't there when I visited the layout, I think you must have gone to lunch.

It was great to see it in the flesh, it certainly lived up to expectations.

All the Best

Nigel

Hello all
The layout ran well today at Warley until about 4 o clock when the actuating rod on the point motor outside the signal box broke. It’s the most used point on the layout. I carry spare point motors with flying leads already attached it took us 10 minutes and we were back running.
Other than that the layout ran well and seemed well received and at least two people are using the layout for inspiration after seeing it in the Modeler.
Looking forward to tomorrow now

Thanks Steve.

Well that’s another Warley done and dusted.

Lightening struck twice as the same point gave problems again yesterday but it was towards the end so we limped along till 5.

I would like to say thanks to the Warley club and helpers for the organization of the event and it was good to meet people. Quite taken back on how the layout was perceived as it was busy out front all day for both days and there were a lot of cameras being pointed at it and the comments in general A few people asked to see behind the scenes as we invited them to have a look.

Next outing is Glasgow in February. But firstly get to the bottom of the point motor problem.

Thanks all for looking

Steve.

• Like 3

Saw you at Warley yesterday, And I'm going to the Glasgow expo in February, so guess I'll see you there!

Well that’s another Warley done and dusted.
Lightening struck twice as the same point gave problems again yesterday but it was towards the end so we limped along till 5.
I would like to say thanks to the Warley club and helpers for the organization of the event and it was good to meet people. Quite taken back on how the layout was perceived as it was busy out front all day for both days and there were a lot of cameras being pointed at it and the comments in general A few people asked to see behind the scenes as we invited them to have a look.
Next outing is Glasgow in February. But firstly get to the bottom of the point motor problem.
Thanks all for looking
Steve.

• 1 month later...

Hello all

Yes we’ll be at the Redditch show.

A good bunch of lads and always a good show.

Lymebrook’s dates for shows in 2019 are as follows

Modelrail Scotland Glasgow February 22-24.

Preston March 2-3.

London festival of railway modeling at Alexandra Palace March 23-24.

Sutton Coalfield April 27-28.

Wrecrail at Market Harborough June 29.

Redditch September 21-22.

Hope to see some of you at these shows.

Thanks Steve.

Hello all

Yes we’ll be at the Redditch show.

A good bunch of lads and always a good show.

Lymebrook’s dates for shows in 2019 are as follows

Modelrail Scotland Glasgow February 22-24.

Preston March 2-3.

London festival of railway modeling at Alexandra Palace March 23-24.

Sutton Coalfield April 27-28.

Wrecrail at Market Harborough June 29.

Redditch September 21-22.

Hope to see some of you at these shows.

Thanks Steve.

See you next month in Glasgow matey, fish and chips??????

Looking about 15 years into the future with the pic below. 

Letting it have a run round impressed with the running quality very good. It is a pity about the discrepancies that people have mentioned elsewhere but doubt that a scrathbuilt one would be any better. So I am going to say well done Dapol and can we have some earlier liveries. A two tone blue one as they first came out and also a orange and brown Manchester PTE would be nice. They also run round PECO 9” radius curves with no problems and take up no space in the fiddle yard. 

The layout is ready for Glasgow and also a week later we’re at Preston so hopefully see some of you at these shows. 

Thanks Steve. 

132450F4-0EFE-4420-B0EA-9B84F14BCA9A.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Well that’s the first day done at Modelrail Scotland. The layout ran well with the only problems being caused by operator error. There were some nice comments about the layout main questions being what size is it and how do the uncouplers work. 

Looking forward to Saturday now. Hope to see some of you 

thanks 

Steve. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Was nice to see the layout for real.  N isn’t my scale (too small for an ageing person): it was nice to see a small but perfectly formed layout.  I enjoyed the unrealistic service frequency!

Paul.

• Thanks 1

All ran well again but we had a point motor fail but they can now be changed and back running nearly as quick as Mercedes can change 4 wheels on an F1 car. 

Off again for another days running and shunting. 

Thanks all who have looked and passed comments like the one about unrealistic train frequency. We’ll slow down and drink tea in between trains. 

Thanks 

Steve. 

• Like 2

This layout is the benchmark for compact N gauge layouts. Always impressed when with the thought that went into the whole layout in order to achieve the required effect. It may well be an inspiration for my next layout. If so I will happily declare where the ideas came from.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Chris M said:

This layout is the benchmark for compact N gauge layouts. Always impressed when with the thought that went into the whole layout in order to achieve the required effect. It may well be an inspiration for my next layout. If so I will happily declare where the ideas came from.

Join the club :-) It's definitely an inspirational layout!

• Thanks 1

All set up at the show in Preston. 

Ready for tomorrow. 

A quick look round this evening and there looks some interesting layouts on view. Looking forward to the weekend. 

Hope to see some of you. 

Thanks Steve. 

• Like 3

Hello all 

We had a good day of running at Preston and to top it off we were awarded the Dave Scott throphy which is awarded for the best layout as chosen by other exhibitors so well pleased about that. 

Another day of running and shunting 

today. 

Thanks Steve. 

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...