Lymebrook Yard

sf315

Morning all.

layout loaded ready for the off at around 9 am. First stop At Milton Keynes to pick Pete up from the train station. Then it’s off down the motorway to Ally Pally for setting up. 

thanks 

Steve. 

Edited by sf315

Hello

Don't rush Steve you can't get in till 2 o'clock. See you tis afternoon.

Cheers        

George    

• Thanks 1

Visited the layout today although I think I missed you Steve. What a truly stunning little layout, and the gent operating was kind enough to answer all my questions and even show me around the back. Amazing layout mate and a real credit to you! 

All the best matt 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all

Enjoyed Saturday 

A good days running and shunting yesterday. Plenty of interest was shown in the layout. 

Sorry I missed you Matt but glad Pete answered the questions. 

More hopefully of the same today. 

Thanks 

Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks Steve for showing me the back of the layout. I saw you just after lunch. This is one of these layouts that looks great from ever angle. No half finished buildings that the public can not see. I think you said the station building was two Bachmann items cut in half and stuck together again to make it look right!

Very inspirational! Now where did I put that spare 4’x2’ baseboard?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello all

we had a great weekend at Alexandra Palace. The layout ran well again yesterday and was well received again yesterday and some nice comments regarding the layout were passed and overheard. 

There were many many pictures of the layout taken over the weekend so if any of you want to share your pictures of the layout on here please post as I for one would like to see them. 

Finally got home at 9.30 after dropping Peter off at Milton Keynes so he could catch his train home to North Wales. We both really enjoyed the weekend and thanks to the Model Railway Club and BRM for a great show. 

Next show for me is the Ivanhoe show with Tanners Hill in 3 weeks time.  

Next outing for Lymebrook Yard is Sutton Coalfield at the end of April 

thanks Steve. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all 

Lymebrook Yard features in July issue of BRM. The paper edition out tomorrow digital readers I believe have already seen it. 

The next outing for the layout is at Wrecrail on June 29 at Market Harborough details can be found in the exhibition thread. 

Thanks Steve. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hello all I have got the layout set up and running this weekend and have been having a shunt and giving the stock a run round. 

The layouts next show is on the 21/22 September at Redditch. 

Thanks Steve. 

778784D9-31B0-44B6-90D6-C1CF782456A6.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Just a reminder that Lymebrook Yard will be venturing down South next weekend for its last show of the year at Fareham. I’ve never exhibited any of my layouts in the area so I am really looking forward to the show. 

Hope to see some of you. 

Thanks Steve. 

97630142-639B-401F-AF13-AE79FE823DE1.jpeg

• Like 10

13 hours ago, sf315 said:

Just a reminder that Lymebrook Yard will be venturing down South next weekend for its last show of the year at Fareham. I’ve never exhibited any of my layouts in the area so I am really looking forward to the show. 

Hope to see some of you. 

Thanks Steve. 

97630142-639B-401F-AF13-AE79FE823DE1.jpeg

steve if i remember from when twy was there the hotel was miles away and if your staying at the same place take your cup to breakfast with you lol

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

First show of the year for the layout is at Pontefract 25th/ 26th January 

with other definite bookings for Leyland in August and Barrow in Furness in October. With other dates to be confirmed. 

From a running session today a class 24 is collecting a train of ZAO/ZAV medfits that have been loaded with spoil from engineering work that has taken place. 

Many thanks 

Steve 

E45BB569-94B8-44EA-ACE2-C83749AFDD42.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Parcel  delivery vehicles waiting in the yard. 

These are The 3D printed ones from Osborne models painted and transferred using Fox  BR arrows. They have just been clear glazed and is in the process of going clear. 

Just a reminder you can see the layout at the Pontefract show next weekend 

for details see thread in exhibition section.

Thanks and hopefully see some of you next weekend.

Steve.

CD42169E-DFB4-4E8A-84F4-C1EC002ADCAF.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Steve, thankyou and your co-operator (who's name I didn't catch) for the conversation that we had regarding the layout's trackplan and it's suitability as a West Highland Line project today in Ponte Carlo, you've certainly given me food for thought.

The layout was definately as good as the pictures that I've seen, great to see it in the flesh so as to speak.

Kind regards,

Ian.

• Thanks 1

A shot of the vehicles in the yard 

the Coles crane is a PD marsh kit and a Base Toys Leyland LAD which has been repainted. Along with the Commer walkthrough vans. All were the subject of a few comments over the weekend at Pontefract. 

The layout ran well with only operator error causing problems. 

Thanks Steve. 

92DDD1C8-B8EF-434A-961A-B25B7D055580.jpeg

• Like 3