Lymebrook Yard

sf315

2 hours ago, stivesnick said:

Steve 

Fame at last! 

If you didn't see it, there was a picture of you and the layout in the Observer newspaper yesterday.

Regards 

Nick 

No I’ve not seen it has anyone a copy or post a link so I could see it. A reporter did take a lot of pics I thought he was from the local paper though. 

Thanks Gilbert for posting your pics it’s always interesting to see what others see as a picture. 

Thanks Steve. 

On 27/01/2020 at 20:21, stivesnick said:

Steve 

Fame at last! 

If you didn't see it, there was a picture of you and the layout in the Observer newspaper yesterday.

Regards 

Nick 

Thanks Nick for the cutting most appreciated. 

A41401B4-BC59-4EEA-97B0-323E3690F09D.jpeg

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

A year on and Lymebrook Yard has been in store covered over I’ve been playing with Tanners Hill and my O Gauge. I’ve been working on updating wagons and making a spoil train from N gauge society opens. A lot of spoil wagons in the 70sand early 80s  were wooden 5 plank wagons or 13 ton Steel opens. 

The society makes nice kits that can be used for these and transfers are available or come with the kit for engineers branding. 

To my surprise the layout is featured in the latest edition of Traction magazine although I didn’t know anything about it until a friend  told me last week and that he’d seen it on the magazine thread here on Rm web. 

Thanks and hopefully see you soon. 

Steve. 

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

I’ve got the layout covers off and it’s going to be set up and run as fingers crossed hopefully there’s two show possible invites for Lymebrook Yard towards the end of the year. Hoping the shows take place. 

Giving the layout a good dust and hoover off and a good clean of the track, attend to any scenery jobs and Have a run and a shunt especially the new stock  that has  been built 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

1979 and two DMUs pass at Milehouse Lane station with a class 121 single unit heading to Crewe while a class 108 is on a service to Stoke. 

Ive been giving locomotives and units a run round for a bit 

1A4F176F-2CBC-492D-85F0-0E889E1122E0.jpeg

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

Great to see photos of this layout again.  Brings back memories of seeing BR coal trains on the truncated Newcastle branch (where it passed under Liverpool Road) from the school bus to Wolstanton Grammar in the mid 1970s.

Cheers

Darius

5 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Great to see photos of this layout again.  Brings back memories of seeing BR coal trains on the truncated Newcastle branch (where it passed under Liverpool Road) from the school bus to Wolstanton Grammar in the mid 1970s.

Cheers

Darius

Yes know what you mean 

I attended Newcastle college and could sit in lessons and watch the train come down the branch watch the locomotive or locomotives (as double headed 25’s were often used) run round and watch it go off up to Holditch colliery. 

Wolstanton Grammar school which became Marshlands were the enemy as I went to Bradwell. 

Thanks Steve. 

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, sf315 said:

Yes know what you mean 

I attended Newcastle college and could sit in lessons and watch the train come down the branch watch the locomotive or locomotives (as double headed 25’s were often used) run round and watch it go off up to Holditch colliery. 

Wolstanton Grammar school which became Marshlands were the enemy as I went to Bradwell. 

Thanks Steve. 

I did a couple of cub scout “Castle Capers” shows at Newcastle College.  I was at Wolstanton Grammar for two years from ‘76 to ‘78, the second of which it became the Marshlands High School, with a new headmistress who was so caked up with makeup that her nickname was “Max Factor”.

Cheers

Darius

• Funny 1

34 minutes ago, Darius43 said:

I did a couple of cub scout “Castle Capers” shows at Newcastle College.  I was at Wolstanton Grammar for two years from ‘76 to ‘78, the second of which it became the Marshlands High School, with a new headmistress who was so caked up with makeup that her nickname was “Max Factor”.

Cheers

Darius

I should of gone to Marshlands as it became in 1977 but my brother went to Bradwell so I wanted to go there as well. 

One of the woodwork teachers at Bradwell was a model railway enthusiast and tried to get a school model railway club going but it came to nothing. 

I still see him at shows and still call him Mr Knight.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve been getting the layout sorted ready for Barrow in Furness show October 9th/ 10th. 

I’ll  be running some of the new rolling stock which is mainly wagons I’ve built/ bought over the last 18 months these include 

Revolution PCV cement tanks, all of these have been weathered and are a superb model. 

N gauge society 4 wheel open wagon kits (ex LMS LNER GWR). These were passed down to the engineers department and were mainly used for spoil.

Some have been sheeted over and have been made into china clay wagons representing the type that were used in the clayliner trains to the Potteries. 

Other stock again N gauge society kit builds are D bolster steel carriers and the Tunny engineers wagon. 

Hopefully see some of you there. 

Thanks. 

Steve. 

D60DBC08-80F1-416D-8FD3-DE8EDA515076.jpeg

4C80969C-CCC1-48B7-85CC-90B9F921281A.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Lymebrook Yard is appearing at the Barrow on Furness show this coming weekend. It’s my only show this year and after 18 months I am glad to be getting out and about again. 

Details of the show can be found in the exhibitions thread. 

2E7C4608-158F-4FC0-82F8-15B8EBE2B1CA.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Readying the layout for the two shows for the layout in March 

firstly the Ivanhoe Model Railway Society’s exhibition at Mountsorrel Leicestershire this weekend and Macclesfield exhibition towards the end of the month. 

Both are looking like good shows 

see some of you there 

Steve

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just to say Lymebrook Yard will be appearing at the Macclesfield show this weekend. 

Nothing been done to the layout so hopefully a nice weekend running and shunting the yard. 

Perhaps see some of you folks there. 

• Like 3

• 9 months later...

First show of 2024 and Lymebrook Yard will be off up the M6 to Kendal in a fortnights time. I’ve been giving it a clean and have removed the scenery as it unbolts. 

The pics show the hidden parts and the train storage which is under the blocks of flats for those familiar with the layout. 

B9B69A0B-C643-41FF-A903-D86D63FE0700.jpeg

B1C04860-B8F9-4F99-B01A-F8DAAA231D18.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Agree 1