Lymebrook Yard

sf315

Hi Steve

Enjoying your updates and new layout thread.

Wish some of your enthusiasm would rub off on me B-(

Keep up the good work

Richard

Richard,

We all lose the mojo from time to time, you just need to find what gets you going again. I'm finding the challenge layout for Lyddrail has kept mine going.

Carl

Farmers Drove

Set just south of Spalding out on the fens with the line running to March. Yes I know there was a line but using modeller licence this is another one albeit single track.

The station Crowland Road sees DMU traffic for passenger trains class 101, 104 and 105 will be seen. With grain and animal feed stuffs being handled in the old goods yard now in the hands of Keelings Grain Products. Also loaded will be sugar beet when I work out how to model it in N gauge (thanks for the nod Dave on the traffic). All fictional I know but never mind.

The layout is being built as a challenge layout as devised by me and a couple of mates as part of Lyddrail for next year. Unusually for me it will feature a lot of greenery as my other layouts have all been urban based. For the challenge it will be end to end but after it will become a roundy roundy of a size 6 feet x 2 feet and become a layout for exhibition use.

Thanks Steve

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all

Your challenge layout coming along nicely then plasticbrummy is it set in the snow then.

Have here been adding more electromagnetic uncouplers to Lymebrook Yard as after an operating session.

this will hopefully help with shunting and yard movements without the hand of God apperaring too much.

The uncouplers used are the SEEP ones but i use a different switch, one thats a bit more durable.

other work has inculded painting the facia board, now need to put the layout name on it.

thanks Steve

• 2 weeks later...

25231 on the coal trip working from cockshute yard.
Just testing out the magnets I have installed to aid shunting.
I have used SEEP electromagnets and have fitted PECO lift arms to various items of stock.

Steve.post-5955-0-51198800-1477417014.jpeg

post-5955-0-51198800-1477417014.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 11

Really liking this layout,,amazing what you can get into a small space,,carnt wait to see this on the exhibition circuit, ,seen tanners hill for the first last weekend,stunning,must get myself motivated to start my next one now

mmm, sounds familiar, Fens station with passing loop, bridge over drain, level crossing and Silo's.................Nice one Steve.

Yes Nobby some inspiration has come from FSP. Isn't that another layout you didn't build.

Hopefully see the layout this weekend at High Wycombe.

Steve.

Yes Nobby some inspiration has come from FSP. Isn't that another layout you didn't build.

Steve.[/quotes

Fenchurch Saint Peter I meant to say at High Wycombe this weekend. I'll be there with Tanners Hill with a new helper, Carl of N gauge Tonbridge West Yard fame

Thanks Steve

• Like 2

Steve.

According to Warley website, yes its another George W masterpiece.

See you Saturday matey...............

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

It was good to see you yesterday. Thanks for drawing my attention to this layout which I had somehow missed - very nice as ever.

I really like the "minimalist" station with overbridge, and you've done a really good job of anglicising the blocks of flats. They look just like many I have seen across the Midlands!

Farmer's Drove looks to be coming on too. Will it have its own thread? It looks like it could be set about 15 miles down the line from Crowland Green, the layout the Northants and Cambs area group of the NGS is currently building that has a grain facility and adjacent brickworks, loosely based on Eye and set in mid 60s.

See here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/87960-crowland-green/

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

Thanks Ben for the comments.

Yes I do intend to start a thread with Farmers Drove. At the moment it has been packed away so I can concentrate on shows with Tanners Hill and work on Lymebrook Yard. I have been starting to look at lorries for Lymebrook and have upto yet-been working on a skip lorry from a base toys Albion and a PD Marsh skip lorry kit I will have to post a pic when completed. Another conversion is a tipper lorry, the back again is from PD Marsh on to a leyland FD chassis from again base toys.

Thanks

Steve.

Hi steve,,just looking at the pictures of lymebrook yard,amazing what you fitted into there,any chance of a track plan ,good to see you last sunday helping out,superb modelling there,cheers rob

Edited by ranger

Hello Ranger

I'll get one sorted as your not the only one who's asked about one. It's basically a loop that splits off an oval of track this forms the other platform line. On the inside of the oval is an Inglenook of Three sidings. The fiddle yard runs under the small factory and the flats, and are dead end sidings of varying length. Points in the fiddle yard are PECO settrack and are hand operated. Hope this helps for starters

Thanks Steve

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I love this little gem! I have a spare room, 10' x 8', and it is half my office, half my playroom. Getting inspiration for what sort of layout I could fit into the space. I'd love to see a track plan for this, and also for your Tanners Hill layout, which is one of my all time faves!

Thanks, Richard