Lymebrook Yard

sf315

Hello Peter

Hope you enjoyed watching the layout.

In regard to your question about the 104

It’s a Worsley Works scratch aid kit and is built on a clear Farish 101DMU body and runs on an old chassis. I have another one built with the headlight over the cab roof also finished in BR blue but without the white stripe.

Thanks Steve.

Edited by sf315
  • Like 1

Andrew

Thanks for the comment.

The next outing for the layout is Stafford next February. Then it’s next outing after that is Stourbridge.

But we’ll catch up next weekend at the Crewe show no doubt.

Thanks Steve.

Seen this layout at last yesterday...wow...stunning..attention to detail is awesome...amazing what you have got managed to get into a small space..think this has given me a kick to start on something similar...nice talking to you yesterday steve...prob see you over the weekend at crewe

Hello Peter

Hope you enjoyed watching the layout.

In regard to your question about the 104

It’s a Worsley Works scratch aid kit and is built on a clear Farish 101DMU body and runs on an old chassis. I have another one built with the headlight over the cab roof also finished in BR blue but without the white stripe.

Thanks Steve.

Thanks Steve.

It has given me some ideas on a similar but continental layout

Peter

Hello Peter

Would be most interested in seeing what you come up with. You’ll have to start a thread.

Don’t know if your going to the show in Crewe at the weekend but my mate will have his 4 ft layout there but it’s a shunting layout but it’s what gave me the idea for my layout.

Thanks Steve.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

I've been following this layout for a while - excellent stuff, I hope to attend the Stafford show next year so I am looking forward to seeing it for real.

I've also had an eureka moment on your actual name and some of your other layouts I have enjoyed, and taken inspiration from, without putting them together under one creator.

I really like Parkhouse and Holditch, but my personal favourite, and one I'd like to transfer to OO for my next layout, is Cross Heath. I will try to put my own mark on it, and its interesting that it was actually a reverse of another plan you liked, but it does pack a lot of what I like into a small space - even scaled up to OO.

Hats off to you for your work.

All the best,

James

Thanks James

I enjoy building small layouts.

I am having a dabble with O gauge and it is my idea to use the Cross Heath trackplan with the addition of another kick back siding for a freight only shunting plank layout in 10ft.

I suppose it’ll have a thread on here but as yet it’s in the very early stages.

Thanks Steve

• Like 1

Tell him where you got the Cross Heath idea from Steve!.......

Disgusting of Market Harborough

Go on then Dave if it makes you happy and tickles your fancy.

Yes James the trackplan for Cross Heath came from Bungus the Fogyman's layout Saxlingham which as you mentioned i turned it around.

It made for a great shunting layout.

Thanks Steve.

You may be interested to know James that Saxlingham was bought by Phil Cowling, who has titivated it and extended it slightly. The good news is that Phil hopes to get it back on the exhibition circuit- the bad news is that he, and the layout, now reside in Edinburgh so it may not be so easy to see if you're in Devon...........

Disgusting of Market Harborough

ps sorry for hijacking your thread Steve!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all
Nothing much to report except that a couple of Chivers Tube wagons are under construction.
I don’t think there’s much chance of the below running on Lymebrook Yard but I’ve been working on this for Tanners Hill
It’s a 456 EMU using 3D printed front ends on a Farish 150 body and chassis.
The livery was applied using Fox transfers lining and Railmatch paints.
Thanks Steve.

CCE18EF0-10B0-4943-9BA1-B1BF01B1D9B1.jpeg

post-5955-0-11190900-1511469725_thumb.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hello all
Just about finished and ready for a test run on the layout is a class 128 parcels unit. It is from a 3D printed body available from the Shapeways site running on the recommended 121/122 chassis from Dapol.
Thanks and happy New Year to all.
Steve.

62B1321E-E263-490F-9E96-C7B5AB081299.jpeg

post-5955-0-74343300-1514729521_thumb.jpeg

Edited by sf315
  • Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all

With just a week to go untill Stafford and Lymebrook Yards first show of the year.

The layout has been set up and tested and is all ok and ready to go.

The 128 pictured above has been run in as has my class 40 and both will be running next weekend.

We will be in the small layouts section.Looking forward to Stafford show as its a local show for me and always a good event.

The next show for the layout after Stafford is Stourbridge in April.

Thanks and hopefully see some of you next weekend

Steve

Edited by sf315
  • Like 2

Hello James

Yes I am looking forward to this weekend.

My mate Pete Latham should be next to me with his 4 foot x 18 inch layout Mayfield. And we’ve got help from the plastic brummy as he’s known on here and his mate and I think on Saturday Tonbridge West Yard in N gauge Carl should be knocking around so with all those people anything can happen.

Make yourself known to me so we can have a chat James.

See you all over the weekend.

Thanks Steve.

I suppose I could come and help/sit on my backside talking crap and eating cake all weekend.  Yeah, why not?  I might even bring some wagons.

Also in the micro layout section, Dave T's Friday Bridge! How could you forget?

Should be a cracking weekend with three nice layouts to play with and a good group of chaps to take the p*** out of.

Looking forward to it.

Cheers, Andy.

• Like 1

Hello all just back from Stafford and layout safely unloaded.

We had a great time and it was good to meet a few people. Thanks also to the Plastic Brummy and his mate Andrew. For helping me and Pete over the weekend, and also Carl for a turn on Saturday.

The layout worked well with no major hiccups. A lot of people were peeking round the back to see what was going on behind I must take a pic of the behind at a show and I’ll post it on here.

Yes a great show as Stafford always is.

Thanks Steve

Ps if any one took any pics they want to post on here please feel free it’s always good to see them.

Thanks.

• RMweb Gold

Hi Steve,

Nice to meet on Saturday and put a face to a name. The layout looked great and seemed to attract a lot of people.

My first Stafford visit and hopefully not my last - a great show with plenty of opportunity for inspiration - and spending money!

All the best,

James

James yes good to meet you and yes it was busy.

We manually swap over the coal wagons in the yard siding after the fulls are tripped in. We exchange them for empties when no one is looking. Needless to say not much coal was tripped in over the weekend.

Stafford is always a busy show and worth going to.

Next outing for the layout is Stourbridge in April. A highlight of the year though for me is the layout will be at the Warley show this November

A few layout information sheets were given out for possible further invites.

Thanks

Steve.