Card and polystyrene sheet structures

Nice models. If they are based on real buildings, then fine, but I would be surprised to see stretcher bond on some of these buildings. Otherwise absolutely superb.

Just noticed they are N scale. Good photography, but can highlight faults sometimes.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi RIch,

I came to this thread via your dairy thread because someone there mentioned your other buildings.

These, and the dairy, are really lovely work - thanks for posting the photographs. I particularly like the ramshackle nature of some of them, and the details such as the characteristic yellow lichen on the roofs.

Can you tell us a little more about your techniques, inspirations, planning etc? Do you have any photos of them models under construction that might help others follow your route? And are these buildings intended for a layout or as stand-alone models?

Cheers

Ben A.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just come across this; beautiful buildings and very atmospheric with junk and stuff lying around.

I particularly like Hobbs' signs; there's a lovely example of the BP Union flag metal sign on the Norwich Road into Wroxham: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.7110908,1.4061258,3a,51y,26.46h,87.16t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sO6_0y3vXNozCHbk7Fj5B3w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Cheers

Phil

Archived