New Modular layout Model Railway Club

Selkent

I have helped set up a new Model railway club which is aimed at those interested in building modular layouts which join together to make one huge layout in N, 00/Ho and O gauge. 

Some of the money from the Sevenoaks show at the weekend has been allocated to help set up this new club with a catchment area of SE London, East London and NW Kent area.

The idea is each module can be on any theme, with a common baseboard and track connection and they join up and we can then run numerous rolling stock on them.  We have a club night venue secured and donated a van and some money to build a storage shed and tooling.  

What we need now is people to join us

I have been promoted from person serving teas at model railway shows to membership officer and admin, so ladies and gents, some along to our first club night on Tues 9th Aug where I will be multi tasking with admin and running the bar, while hubby talking trains AGAIN!

details below

http://www.selkentmo...club.weebly.com

• 2 weeks later...

The time and the location sadly doesn't work for me to be able to participate, but don't forget that someone will need to build a storage yard - when we had our modular meet last year if it hadn't been for the 12ft long 7 road storage yard things would have been quite difficult to operate.

Not glamorous, but very necessary.

Work commenced on the 00/HO fiddle yard, 3m long and three modules, plus soon to add the two corner radius modules so will be 5m long.    We have bulk bought cork at £30 for 10m as worked out cheaper to sell to members at 50p a strip then them having to fork out £4 for cork with the name railway modelling on the packet.   N module will be DC and talks on the fiddle which will be 2400mm long, if to go Kato or Peco track as for ease going for surface mounted point motors, either option will still have peco at ends as that it seems is the more likely to be used in members modules. 

Archived