Millarville mkII this time its Freemo

AndrewC

Yes they do. Click under HO. £1.60 a pair is reasonable really.

Probably a decade or so I used to figure on it costing £2.50 per car, £1 for metal wheels, £1.50 for couplers, so yeah, £1.60 per car is pretty good (probably some of that value is the bulk packs versus me using small packs back then)...

Wheelsets are more expensive, but then most cars now come with metal wheelsets!

• RMweb Gold

but then most cars now come with metal wheelsets!

When modellers bemoan “finescale”, they overlook things like this: finescale modellers did this as a matter of routine, and wrote about how it improved the running. As manufacturers started to realise that model railways is a hobby for serious adults, and no longer about train sets on the carpet, they started to pay more attention to fidelity and quality.

This is true across the hobby, in all popular scales, not just American outline H0. (Look at the Lionheart pannier tanks, the latest Grafar offerings, Hornby’s re-tooledFlying Scotsman, etc...)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Just a few days until Millarville's final scheduled Freemo meet. Some minor repairs to do this week. Mostly replacing the signage on the 7-Eleven that got a bit wet & streaky when it was unloaded in a "blizzard" last Dec. This time next week it'll be on its way to a temporary home in our storage lockup.

• 1 month later...

Help. I'm suffering withdrawal. The modules and Essex are still sitting in storage while my man cave shed is filled to the gunwales with tiles, flooring, construction materials, tools, and a whole kitchen. I can't even get to my modelling bench to do any work. The builders are also about 2 weeks behind, so I won't have any trains to play with until the middle of June now. 

Andrew calm down, it will be all right, use the time wisely, go to all those pubs you've always wanted to visit!!!!! 

I wish. My beer tokens have been spent on solid oak flooring.  :sungum:

Although 4 weeks today I'll be sitting at Jopen in Amsterdam Haarlem going end to end on their tap list. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Shaking off the cobwebs. After nearly a year in storage the module is set up and running in the shed to prepare for Freemo South V in March. Just doing a few cosmetic repairs and finally moving the stationary decoders into a stand alone Loconet. That makes things easier when setting up as I don't need to hive them off from the main network bus anymore if the meet is using Digitrax. The Lenz throttle panel will be removed and flogged off as it is no longer usable. 

A few repeat snaps including the new nodding donkey which just needs a bit of scenery blending to bed it into the scene. 

post-2818-0-13177400-1509624323.jpgpost-2818-0-49284800-1509624338.jpgpost-2818-0-08968300-1509624367.jpgpost-2818-0-68499300-1511519705_thumb.jpgIMG_0583.jpg.b1bf48ec267df203551e497d1c82bdd2.jpg

Edited by AndrewC
  • Like 8

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, Coombe Barton said:

I have recently received a photograph of The Lady of the Collies in the background of which was the multi-awl-rapid-fire device.

Be aware.

John

Are you trying to motivate Andrew to do some more modelling on this module?:D

Or is it cross thread posting?

• Funny 1