More Pre-Grouping Wagons in 4mm - the D299 appreciation thread.

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, figworthy said:

The Duke's will (all 66 pages of it) stated that the "trust was to run for as long as the lives of all the peers of the House of Lords and of their sons who were living at the time of the Duke's death and for a further 21 year as allowed by law".  Why ?, it appears that he wanted to ensure that the working of his mines and canal continued unaltered.

That must be the inspiration for the will in the Forsyte Saga - is it Soames' or Old Jolyon's? Anyway, to spite all his relations who have been desperate for their share of the fortune, it is left in trust for the first Forsyte to be born after all Forsytes currently living have died, to be his on his majority.

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Onehalfpint13 said:

i know this is probably a long shot but i am after the original slaters 4036 and 4041 kit instructions

can anyone help

28 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Without delving into the box of goodies (aka the box of intentions not yet carried out) could you say which models these numbers relate to please.  I could possibly have them.

@Onehalfpint13 has been given plenty of help in another topic:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Andy Hayter said:

Without delving into the box of goodies (aka the box of intentions not yet carried out) could you say which models these numbers relate to please.  I could possibly have them.

they are the p/o charles roberts 7 plank wagon im needing a copy of the instructions of please 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Onehalfpint13 said:

they are the p/o charles roberts 7 plank wagon im needing a copy of the instructions of please 

As has been said, they're all the same. One floor, two each of solebars, sides, and ends, four buffer housing end rings, four turned metal buffer housings, and brake gear to taste.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

As has been said, they're all the same. One floor, two each of solebars, sides, and ends, four buffer housing end rings, four turned metal buffer housings, and brake gear to taste.

I believe there should be an end-door hinge too.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

What it is guys I’m searching for these instructions for a friend of mine who works at slaters and they are wanting to reproduce the wagons but unfortunately the instructions went to mr Dunn

so with out them having to retype them all out again this will save time and get them back on the market quicker

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Onehalfpint13 said:

What it is guys I’m searching for these instructions for a friend of mine who works at slaters and they are wanting to reproduce the wagons but unfortunately the instructions went to mr Dunn

so with out them having to retype them all out again this will save time and get them back on the market quicker

Ah well, why didn't you say so in the first place? That makes all the difference and I apologise for my earlier snarkiness!

Remind me which ones are lacking!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Compound2632 said:

Ah well, why didn't you say so in the first place? That makes all the difference and I apologise for my earlier snarkiness!

they are lacking the 4036 which is the Gloucester wagons , 4041 charles roberts wagons and also ill think theyll find having a copy of the 4057 salt wagon ones as well this will get them going for now they may need the others but they not at that stage for the others if we could get them 3 wagon instructions this will get them on the way to produce the p/o wagons again 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

i apologise as well for not saying the full story i wasnt sure if they wanted this information to be public knowledge yet but with not having been successful then i thought it be best to tell the full story they may need instructions for 4044 gloucester 5 plank wagons to , 4058 charles roberts 7 plank or any instructions for the 4mm range will help if you could email me them as a pdf or send them via mail i would appropriate this a massive help and theyll appropriate the public helping getting these long lost wagons back on the market 

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Onehalfpint13 said:

i apologise as well for not saying the full story i wasnt sure if they wanted this information to be public knowledge yet but with not having been successful then i thought it be best to tell the full story they may need instructions for 4044 gloucester 5 plank wagons to , 4058 charles roberts 7 plank or any instructions for the 4mm range will help if you could email me them as a pdf or send them via mail i would appropriate this a massive help and theyll appropriate the public helping getting these long lost wagons back on the market 

I have 4036 and 4044 (also covers 4055) but not 4058. Would it be more direct for me to post these to Slaters? 4044 has the instructions relating to couplings blanked out.

I also have the instructions for the Midland 6-wheel carriages.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

I have 4036 and 4044 (also covers 4055) but not 4058. Would it be more direct for me to post these to Slaters? 4044 has the instructions relating to couplings blanked out.

yes please send them to slaters and any would be a massive help to get them back on the market 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

I also have the instructions for the Midland 6-wheel carriages.

the coaches i believe are having a revamp with the bogies and being made from a casting instead of the etch if they use to be an etch ? not my gauge im 7mm gauge so not sure my friend asked me to come on here and see if i can be any help to get some instructions 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, Onehalfpint13 said:

the coaches i believe are having a revamp with the bogies and being made from a casting instead of the etch if they use to be an etch ? not my gauge im 7mm gauge so not sure my friend asked me to come on here and see if i can be any help to get some instructions 

No new bogies for the 6-wheelers surely? But for the GWR clerestories - that would be a very popular improvement.

• Like 3

No new bogies for the 6-wheelers surely? But for the GWR clerestories - that would be a very popular improvement.

thats the ones they working on then so hopefully the MR coaches will probably be out sooner then if they had no bogies 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Onehalfpint13 said:

thats the ones they working on then so hopefully the MR coaches will probably be out sooner then if they had no bogies 

Do all the underframe moulds still exist for the MR coaches?

I managed to find sides, ends, roofs, springs+axle boxes and some somewhat warped floors as separate items when Mr Dunn was still doing shows, but had to scratch build my own solebars and vacuum gear, and use Brassmasters Cleminson assemblies for W irons, as I never saw any Slaters components.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, sharris said:

I managed to find sides, ends, roofs, springs+axle boxes and some somewhat warped floors as separate items when Mr Dunn was still doing shows, but had to scratch build my own solebars and vacuum gear, and use Brassmasters Cleminson assemblies for W irons, as I never saw any Slaters components.

I had solebar / spring axlebox mouldings from Dunn's stand. It's my belief he never actually did any injection moulding with the Slater's moulds - no doubt a very good thing - and was only ever selling off stock of parts he'd had from Slaters. He never had any etched brass or cast brass components - the buffers and door / grab handles have remained obtainable via Slater's website throughout.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, sharris said:

I think so give slaters a call or email 

• Like 1