Anglian Paper

thirty2a

A Challenge indeed!

It's called Anglian Paper because I am thinking of basing it in or around a paper Mill, somthing that is rarely modelled and I think will create some traffic .

Oh good, maybe there's the opportunity for a box van being loaded with (scale) boxfiles?

and fireless locos like http://geoff-plumb.fotopic.net/p36691890.html

Having trouble posting!

The eagle eyed amongst you will notice lack of box 5 this will be added on to the scenic box to add hight once track is a bit more complete.

I have removed the middle track visable in above pictures as I think this will make things a tad cluttered.

Wirring has started and I hope to have 1st running sesion tonight so pictures tomorrow if i'm lucky.

Comments would be very welcome on the scenery front as this is not yet fully visulised but am leaning towards rural decline.

Hi,

I'm intruiged by this layout. I like anything with buildings in close proximity to rail and consequently all the odd little view-lines it creates. Any chance of a 'concept sketch' or plan as I'm finding it a bit difficult to see what's going on?

Will

Hi Will,

there is not much to it really, I have not done a scetch but basically there is a sector track to feed three tracks one of which is hidden behind the Mill.

the whole thing is in 4 (soon to be 5) box files one of which I cut length ways in which the hidden sidding is situated, all track will hold three wagons or one loco and two wagons.post-7147-127011687157_thumb.jpg this picture with one of the earlier posted ones gives an idea of whats what.

I will try to do a sort of look down picture soon, the layout looks bigger in the pictures than it is!

Tony.

• 2 weeks later...

A few new pictures, the layout is coming along slowly. I have since taking these photos put some grass down between the tracks.

The balsa infills have been covered in cobles, I am not sure whether to re do the original bit or add some muddy puddles around the tracks to hide the dips, oppinoins welcome on that one.post-7147-12712419448_thumb.jpgpost-7147-12712420766_thumb.jpg

I hope this project proves that larger scales can be done in a small space, the layout is quite nice to operate in fact more so than some of my larger oo attemps, I am thinking about some Gn15 next!

looks great, especially so considering the low budget. Have you thought of making the windows transparent so you can see wagons parked 'inside' the building behind? Slap on a bit of scalescenes white washed brick on the opposite of the boxfile lid and it would more or less double your scenic area.

Will

thanks for your comments will, The trouble is i want to add another box file on top and I will have to cut most of it up as it is and I would have to cut a fair bit out of the exsisting box fill behind the windows, it is an interesting idea though.

Damn you got me thinking about it.

Work is progressing, well it would be if I didn't keep playing trains!

Here is a reverse angle shot, it shows some work is required around the hard standing and the grass looks better in the picture than it does in real life.

I have not decided if adding the 5th Box File is a good idea after all as it will take some of the hight off the layout so jury is out on that at the moment.

post-7147-12716703842_thumb.jpg

Well I decided to cut down the Building to fit the Boxfile it has made it a bit nicer actually.

I have added a wall around the viewing side all of which is removable, I also through a quick building door together which is not to bad but will need re doing at some stage.

post-7147-127175998891_thumb.jpgpost-7147-127175996115_thumb.jpgpost-7147-127176001055_thumb.jpg

A few pictures to show progress.

• 4 months later...

My god, last post April! where has the time gone? well to be fair we have moved and it is suprising how much time that takes up.

I am still not sure how to finish this but as time is disapearing fast I think I will dig this out tonight, Tube strike willing.

• 1 year later...

post-7147-0-97479900-1332849902_thumb.jpg

having re-found my little O Gauge project I thought I would try out new Alley Palley purchase!

it had a missing cog but that was soon found in spares box, not bad for £35.

I really need to rip out the rubish greenary on this layout and do it properly but what to do?

post-7147-0-39059000-1332925567_thumb.jpg

As a comparison shot you can see how big the 4f is on this micro!

I decided to start ripping out the green stuff last night so just got to decide what to do.

I think I am going to extend the hard standing at the back and grass the front track a bit, we shall see.

Archived