just realised that if you watch it on RMWEB you don't get to see the description that is on Youtube. So here it is below:

"The post is to my design and etched by PPD in brass. The holes are added afterwards as the post is designed to be built as a standard square post. The post is in 2 halves, soldered together. This facilitates the provision of the wiring for the LED working light. This is a warm white SMD 0603. The servo is a standard Towerpro 9g being driven by a MERG servo4g using SEMA4 firmware modified by myself. I Still have to modify the speed and bounce settings, which is easy enough to do in Chris Whites SEMASET program (by the way this runs on most windows PCs and is freely available to MERG members). Signal arm, spectacle and ladders are Wizard models products again in etched brass."

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

Just to let you all know that PPD seem to be starting up, I am currently in the process of ordering a repeat etch of 30ft square post etches in 7mm scale having been in touch by email.

Good news indeed!

• 1 month later...

Whilst I am waiting on PPD to process my order for cosmetic fishplates, I have been busy building signals, just for a change.  I have prepared some GWR Ground Signals (the disc bearings aren't quite in the right place on the casting, which makes the spectacles line up incorrectly with the lamp lense) for a small diorama and also completed some CAD files ready for the etchers.

The diorama will contain one "normal" signal, I say normal as it is not quite GWR in that I believe the post, ladder and safety hoop are probably of Cambrian origin, as the hoop is not standard GWR issue and the location is definitely Cambrian. The signal also features that bete-noir of modelmakers the distant arm, in this case fixed, in addition to the normal stop arm. I have tried transfers and painting them but am now of the opinion that Matt Vinyl paper gives the best results. I now have enough on one A4 sheet to last me several lifetimes in both 4mm and 7mm scales. I did some stop ones whilst I was at it. I found it it relatively easy to do in Turbocad, colour matching was the hardest part. The first time I used the medium was for some time ago for  LBSCR arms of rather ancient design.

I have done the sheet to 7mm scale but have also re-scaled it to 4mm scale (might need to make a slight modification or two), which should hopefully fill a hole in the provision of Stevens Brackets,  posts and arms, especially relevant to a certain well known station on the LSWR. At the moment PPD are working on 4 to 6 weeks delivery, so hopefully sometime in August if the design doesn't need amendment.

Some photos will follow shortly.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 04/07/2020 at 16:07, Stephen Freeman said:

A recent arrival from PPD. A 7mm scale version is under way.

saxby1.jpg

Getting there hopefully. I will be fitting the arms next, which are already done. After that the bits to make it work (servos) I do have another one at least to make and possibly one in 7mm scale too.

seaton7and4nw.jpg

Edited by Stephen Freeman
  • Like 5

On 10/07/2020 at 12:25, Stephen Freeman said:

Getting there hopefully. I will be fitting the arms next, which are already done. After that the bits to make it work (servos) I do have another one at least to make and possibly one in 7mm scale too.

SEATON7and4new.jpg

Lovely work on the big bracket Stephen. Did the same myself but only in 7mm scale..

JF

Good Morning,

Progress to date on a selection of signals in 4mm scale based on a certain well known Southern station in Devon (Yes yet another version). Working lights not required but operation will be by servo/Megapoints board. The "other" main Signal will be along shortly, once I have progressed it a little further.

seaton25and23.jpg

seatondownhome.jpg

seatonuphome.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I have also had some etches done for the up starter bracket at Seaton Junction because I was getting less enamoured of having to build them, whilst at it I did the other big bracket at the down end.

I will endeavour to do some photos in due course as soon as I have the time. Just waiting now for a couple of etches to fill some  holes in my GWR armoury.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

seatonetch3.jpg.3854ece3bc9580e91e4f933372313201.jpg

On 07/08/2020 at 12:02, Stephen Freeman said:

I have also had some etches done for the up starter bracket at Seaton Junction because I was getting less enamoured of having to build them, whilst at it I did the other big bracket at the down end.

I will endeavour to do some photos in due course as soon as I have the time. Just waiting now for a couple of etches to fill some  holes in my GWR armoury.

Here is a photo of the latest etch for the large S&F bracket, plus a few other bits

seatonetch2.jpg

• Like 4

I also did etches for brackets on Seaton Junctions up starter. Didn't get the curve of the left support quite right but it is very easy to rectify, just requires a gentle straightening. I know I missed off a few half-etch dimples but didn't matter. The other bits were just use up the space.

seatonetch3.jpg

addition
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Jon Fitness said:

Lovely stuff Stephen. Does the route indicator operate? They are on my list of "got to get those etched"!

JF

Hi Jon

Route Indicator is scratch built and there was no requirement to make it work, thankfully. There is an SMD LED in it as there is in the dummy and signal lamp.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

image.png.082084f1b4ab4e57b2aa042ac70b7b51.png

Think I am about ready to purchase the Bracket etchings (and Platform if available) in 4mm X 2 sets Stephen. I believe you can produce those for sale if I remember correctly? 

Do contact me by PM if you can please,  or through Steve Pearce on Train Spotting at Finsbury Square (layouts)

Cheers buddy.

• Like 2

Could you please describe how you go about putting in your operating wires. On a lot of LSWR signals it seems that that compensation along the gantry is done by pulleys and wire/chain do you model this or have you found a way to cheat while seemingly still showing said details?

Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Pete

• Like 1