Doies Hornby Magazine Know How To Count to 10 ?

Frank S.

Hi all,

I bought the first two issues of the Hornby Magazine Yearbook, but dropped it when I realized that almost all the articles in the Annual were beiong printed AGAIN in the years issues of the magazines.

However, now that I'm intertested in British Railway modelling again, I decided to relent and purchase the back issues I didn't buy.

Then I came across another strange quirk of the publishers - apparently, they have lost the ability to count from 1 to 10 !

I know the standard of education has dropped abysmally in the 45 years since I emigrated to Australia, but surely it's not so low that whoever is in charge at Key Publications can't work out how many number '8's there are in the number series 1 to 10 ?

I have the Hornby Magazine Yearbook No.8 - 2016 with the cover story " Miniature Marvel" - fine, OK it's advertised on their website as the current issue

BUT

there is also ANOTHER Hornby Magazine Yearbook No 8 - 2016 with the cover story " Scotland in Miniature" and, presumably different contents !

as someone famous once said "the mind boggles" !

CAn anyone please explain the logic (presumably there is one), in publishing annual yearbooks numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7. 8 and 8, 9 ???

Can't wait to find out - can we look fordwards  to issues numbered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,8,9,10,11,11,12,13,14,14 and 14??? perhaps.

Cheers,

FrankS in Tasmania

• RMweb Gold

I asked Mike Wild the editor, reply below:-

The reason you have seen two covers for the Yearbook is that we have to provide a mock cover early, very early, in the process of creating the content for it. The Scotland in Miniature cover was a mock cover used for marketing purposes by book retailers - they should by now be showing the correct cover with a Class 25 crossing a river bridge in BR blue.

My apologies for the confusion that this has created for you. There is only one version of Yearbook No. 8 with the Class 25.

That should clear that up.

Cheers

Ian

Archived