Bachmann Collectors club OO wagons

DougN

Well it seems I have not put any photos up in ages. IMG_0848.JPG.058d139863d0ecbcc0a6fbcdb72ff126.JPG

here is the last 2 wagons 2018 - ministry of munitions and the 2019 8 ton Gloucester railway carriage and wagon works. I believe 2020 is the 10ton from the same source! 

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks Butler. I did have one from Hattons preowned which I thought I had "won" but for various reasons I was not lucky enough to get it! ... I will continue to watch and at some time I will secure one!!! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, DougN said:

Thanks Butler. I did have one from Hattons preowned which I thought I had "won" but for various reasons I was not lucky enough to get it! ... I will continue to watch and at some time I will secure one!!! 

Which wagon are you looking for?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Nice if you like antique trains, but goods wagons that don't have a TOPS code are of little interest to me. I do wish the Bachman Collectors club would give me something to justify the membership fee.

Ian_B

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, Ian_B said:

Nice if you like antique trains, but goods wagons that don't have a TOPS code are of little interest to me. I do wish the Bachman Collectors club would give me something to justify the membership fee.

Ian_B

I too would like to have a TOPS era wagon just for once. I haven’t yet kept one BCC membership wagon but at least they always seem to find a good home.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 29/07/2021 at 13:55, Ian_B said:

Ian_B

Yeah, it would be good to have something more modern but in practice it wouldn't work IMO. How modern to go? An 80s wagon is of no more use to me than a plank wagon, and most of the stuff I am interested in is too large to be viable on a £30 subscription.

At least these wagons I can keep and use with my preserved part of the layout when I get round to doing it.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2021 at 13:55, Ian_B said:

Ian_B

It might just be that a modern wagon would be too expensive to produce within the club’s budget.

• Like 1

Wouldn't have to be a wagon, a container would do. The point is that they've positioned the  collectors club wagon in an undesirable period for me. Every release since it was produced. Lots of pretty and useless (to me) PO wagons.

It would be nice if they produced one in the current era one year Maybe one from the 1800's the year after, rather than restricting themselves to the early 20th century (or so it seems).

Ian_B

Edited by Ian_B
punctuation

• RMweb Premium
On 29/07/2021 at 13:22, No Decorum said:

“Ten 10 tonners and six 12 tonners? Certainly sir!”

8, 10 & 12 Tonners.jpg

But those are all 12 ton wagons!

(Quite apart from being very confident that no wagons ran in traffic in the hire fleet lettered like that - purely done for an advertising photo.)

20 minutes ago, Compound2632 said:

But those are all 12 ton wagons!

(Quite apart from being very confident that no wagons ran in traffic in the hire fleet lettered like that - purely done for an advertising photo.)

Time for an appointment at Specsavers! :laugh:

A little bit of a shame that the thread has lost all the photos of the wagons. As I am  expecting to receive the latest wagon sometime this week I will go through and photograph all the wagons.... (Ill have to clear the layout off again!) and up load them.  I noticed that the value of some of these is slowly rising at Hatton's site. My latest was from the bay of evils. The postage was worth more than the wagon! 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Ok it is that time of the year again. Can any Bachmann collectors club member when you receive the next issue of the wagon can you please pop a photo up on line. As soon as this happens I will update the page 1 of this thread to include the latest edition. 

Thanks in advance 

Thanks Bilbo, 

Can you give me the code off the box? 

Not sure if I like this as much as their previous issues.... for completeness I'll keep my eye out for one though!