Bachmann Collectors club OO wagons

DougN

On 11/07/2023 at 04:40, DougN said:

Thanks Bilbo, 

Can you give me the code off the box? 

Not sure if I like this as much as their previous issues.... for completeness I'll keep my eye out for one though! 

37-2023K

Conflat Wagon BR Bauxite (Early) with ‘PATONS’ BD Container

Mine arrived a week ago. Just waiting for Bachmann to make the N gauge and 009 gauge models available via the collectors' club website.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I received mine today. TBH I actually prefer this over PO mineral wagons as most of these had been repainted following nationalization of coal companies and were not to be found in BR days. Equally they are often of later - bigger - wagon types too.

I have 6 Bachmann conflats. 5 date from the 1990s. Those all came with metal wheels, but had big Mainline style couplings. 

Where possible, my older Bachmann wagons have been all upgraded to metal wheels (if they were plastic) and smaller couplings (otherwise they were were retired/reserved like the Airfix and Mainline items). This helps to avoid an expensive replacement program while also expanding the rakes. (A new wagon costs between £25 and £40).

The photos below show not only the new club wagon but also a comparison with my 1990s conflats. The chassis is better but once in a train, not really noticeable.

BCC_01.jpg

BCC_01a.jpg

BCC_01b.jpg

BCC_02.jpg

BCC_03.jpg

Edited by JSpencer
  • Like 2

I thought it was a great choice by Bachmann this year and concur with the comment above in regard of having something suitable for post nationalisation for a nice change.

I actually bought some similar wagons and now have a total of 9 with different running numbers and container numbers.

Yay!

• Like 2